How I'd want the Boltons to be defeated on the show

yanmaodao

So, one episode to go. I don't think this can all be crammed into the last episode, but this is how I'd want the Battle of Winterfell to go down in the show, likely spilling over into Season 6.

I want Theon to communicate with the heart tree. But his communication with Bran will be a lot more overt and less ghostly than it was in the books. Bran will of course say something to him that will allow him to reclaim his identity as many people predicted. (I recall some confusion in the offseason where Kristian Nairns was saying that the Bran crew were not in season 5 at all, but Isaac Hempstead-Wright said he was in Northern Ireland filming. I could be recalling incorrectly, but perhaps what happened was that it's true that Team Bran is not in Season 5 at all, but Bran still had to be there to record his voice for one scene.) But in addition to that, Bran will show Theon the secret passageways out of Winterfell that Maester Luwin told Theon about back in season 2 during their last conversation.

Sansa and Theon (and maybe Brienne and Pod) will use this to escape. They'll then direct several hundred of Stannis's men to use the passageway to enter Winterfell while the defenders are sleeping, where they'll stab many of the defenders in their sleep and open the gate.

It would be the best way, thematically, for the Boltons to be defeated. Ramsay's been running his fucking yap about his side having the advantage because the land is home to Northerners while Stannis's men are foreign invaders. Which is true. Except, Winterfell is not their home, and this will be what bites them in the ass in the end. Maester Luwin specifically said the passageways were meant for the Lords of Winterfell, which Bran and Sansa are and the Boltons are not.

I think the books are building up to the same thing. The Boltons will meet their demise when Winterfell itself betrays them somehow. This will be more mystical in the books - the ghost of Winterfell, the strange weather, "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell", the something that's down there in the crypts - and it won't be a righteous reckoning so much as an ancient evil that's awoken, one that makes the Boltons look puny by comparison. But this will be a way for the show to hit a very similar theme while streamlining everything. Showrunners should also love this because it's a very low-budget way of resolving the battle, leaving money for other big scenes in Season 6. Finally I like the idea of the Boltons not getting a glorious battle but a sudden, ignominious end. They deserve a whimper, not a bang.

I would love for Ramsay to be killed by Theon... it'd be so fitting. Or Roose, that'd be good too, but my fingers are crossed for Theon.

"My name is Viktor Reznov... eerr, Theon Greyjoy, and I will have my revenge!"

I would love for Ramsay to be killed by Theon... it'd be so fitting. Or Roose, that'd be good too, but my fingers are crossed for Theon.

"My name is Viktor Reznov... eerr, Theon Greyjoy, and I will have my revenge!"

Same but i think Theon will die defending Ramsay. He is very bonded to him.

My money is still on Stannis defeating the Boltons, either tonight or in Season 6 with Roose and Ramsay Bolton escaping and Roose eventually flaying Ramsay for losing the battle and for being responsible for Sansa's escape. Ramsay wants to please his father sooooo badly. It's his main weakness and Roose has no real love for his bastard son. If Ramsay embarrasses House Bolton then I'm almost certain that Roose will flay him for it. Poetic deaths in the show would be Cersei killing Jaime or vice versa; Roose flaying Ramsay or vice versa; Melisandre burned alive by dragon fire.

I'd love to see Sansa expose some weakness in Winterfell to Stannis. If not, open/destroy the gates of Winterfell during Team Sansa's escape. I could see it happening where the Stannis army makes short work of Winterfell and the audience is uncertain which/if the Boltons have survived. The only other way I could see it happening is if Theon/Sansa wound Ramsay so badly before their escape that he's nearly left for dead. I did read Iwan Rheon say he is unsure if his character survived. I can't think of too many other scenarios that get us to that point other than a Stannis charge or a Sansa/Theon "strike back" scene. We could conceivably get both. Regardless, there are big losses ahead for the Boltons. If they somehow manage to survive Stannis then they'll have to survive Littlefinger and the Vale next season which leads me to believe that the Boltons lose to Stannis sooner rather than later. Afterall, could you really make drama out of watching the Boltons and Littlefinger fight? I'll buy a touching moment with Stannis and his daughter where we see how much he really loves her, but I don't see the show putting on those "touching" moments with the Boltons or LIttlefinger. While Stannis is newly "irredeemable," Littlefinger and the Boltons have been irredeemable for much longer and somehow they are still the greater of the two evils in comparison to Stannis. Maybe it's because those two parties have killed our protagonists all throughout the show? There would be no drama in a Bolton/Vale war. With Stannis, at least the audience is watching a story unfold and an arc develop. He is descending deeper and deeper into complete madness. We can somehow empathize with that still. The Boltons and Littlefinger actually seem to get enjoyment out of watching people suffer. They are kind of static characters in the sense that they never change, they are almost always completely evil with horrible motivations. I seriously doubt the audience would care about the outcome of a Vale-Bolton war so I don't think the show will go there. It wouldn't be shocking, just boring to watch as we hate both sides for their parts in killing the family of our protagonists. No way it happens. Stannis defeats the Boltons and then it's Stannis vs Littlefinger in season 6 if it even gets to that point. Vary's could still kill Littlefinger before that happens. Whitewalkers could attack. Brienne could kill Stannis. etc. etc. I'm not sure if Stannis finsihes off the Boltons tonight or in Season 6 but it seems to reason that he does finish them off to move the story forward.

Boltons not going to get theirs just yet. Darn.

I still want them to meet an ignominious end like the one I described here. If some people claim that it will be "anti-climactic", then good. I'm sick of Villain Sue Ramsay and want him to get Meryn Trant'd as soon as possible.

If he and Theon ever fight on the show, I want Theon to bite his finger off. Probably his right thumb so he can no longer wield a weapon. It would accentuate the animalistic side of Theon that he created, and it would be a nice callback to the atrocities he committed on poor Lady Hornwood.

This was such bull shit, i feel D&D only made them victorious so the pleb have someone to still hate after Jofrey is gone. Its not like the white walkers are in each episode and the pleb need someone to hate.

Since they did such a ridiculous thing, i hope the Bolton's end will be even more ridiculous:

- Jon Snow gets resurrected by the great other and takes control of the night's army.

- Jon arrives at Winterfell riding a big ass spider that proceeds to vomit toxic venom all over Ramseys head.

- Jon throws at him the most cheesy ass line they can think off like: " there can be only one Snow" and finishes him off.

Archived