What are you listening to? Vol XX: Let me take you far away

Ferrum Aeternum

Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress

Hadn't listened to this album in years but "I'm A Cuckoo" came up on a Spotify playlist the other day. For me the start of "phase two" of their career and a collection of some really good songs. "If You Find Yourself Caught In Love" and "If She Wants Me" are great as well. 

That's great, completely nuts in the best meaning! Makes me want to drink beer and party! :)

I have drunk beer and partied to that album more times than I can count.   :cheers:  It's also great workout music. Good for everything, really!

Yeah, it's really great. I was SO excited when they first broke out...I mean..people my age were really getting into post-punk revival!!! I kept linking people to so many different bands lol 

still a great album that one tho. 

I remember MTV playing Farewell to the fairground on a loop when the album came out - all I remember thinking were "who are these pasty white gentleman?!?". I haven't listened to the album for ages - Death is still a great track. 

Just four days left to OFF Festival. Line up this year is much more alternative than last year (I know 15, maybe 20 bands out of 100), but I'm waiting for Patti Smith playing the whole Horses album and Ride in particular. Mike Kozelek's Sun Kil Moon should also be fun, as well as Xiu Xiu playing Twin Peaks, Mick Harvey or The Residents.

Heh, they reunited last year after almost twenty years, partly because of the huge applause bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive got after their reunion. I will see them live the second time. The first was in 1992.

Heh, they reunited last year after almost twenty years, partly because of the huge applause bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive got after their reunion. I will see them live the second time. The first was in 1992.

I see. Didn't know that. [i]Going Blank Again[/i] was a great debut.

As great as it was, it was not their debut, as a matter of fact. Nowhere was. At least as great as their second album Going Blank Again, with such gems as Polar Bear, Vapour Trail or Paralysed.

Thank you for this information as well. My buddy didn't have that first album apparently.

Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress

Hadn't listened to this album in years but "I'm A Cuckoo" came up on a Spotify playlist the other day. For me the start of "phase two" of their career and a collection of some really good songs. "If You Find Yourself Caught In Love" and "If She Wants Me" are great as well. 

It is a good album, as well as the ones you mentioned I also like [i]Stay Loose[/i] and [i]Wrapped Up In Books[/i] a lot from that album.

Also, I can't remember who it was by, but I watched the music video last week for a song someone posted upthread and it was outstanding. The one with the layered actions and characters in the living room. Song wasn't bad either, perhaps not my style though

It's by Belle and Sebastian, it's a decent song although I think some of the other tracks on their latest album are better.

The Decemberists - All Arise, The Bagman's Gambit

It's probably not one of their better-known songs but I do really like [i]The Bagman's Gambit[/i].

Archived