NBA Offseason 2015: The DeAndre Jordan's Feelings, nothing more than feelings Edition

Trebla

I think Pretsi has to match to give them a shot. If Durant is healthy and OKC does not manage to reach the West conference final at the very least, what will be Durant's incentive to stay other than loyalty? Only if they had opened the purse for Harden....All he had to do was to agree to spend a little over 1 million per year for Harden. No he has to give Enes F*cking Canter a max deal. That trade WAS the worst one in the history of NBA.

I really don't think Harden on OKC gives them a championship. They simply don't need another scorer like Harden, they have Durant and Westbrook. What they DO need in that position is a guy who hustles, can shoot threes, and plays defense.

I really don't think Harden on OKC gives them a championship. They simply don't need another scorer like Harden, they have Durant and Westbrook. What they DO need in that position is a guy who hustles, can shoot threes, and plays defense.

Given the various injuries to Westbrook and Durant for the last couple of years, probably not. But with that big three and Ibaka on board, your hustle guy does not really need to be a deadly shooter. They could fill out the roster with defense only guys. That team would have either Durant or Harden (two best pure scorers of NBA) all the time on the floor. Depending on whether the opponent is going big or small, they would need to put a big man banger or a wing player who can play perimeter D.

So, Lebron is gonna wait til next year and take the biggest contract in history and still the Cavs will have wiggle room, probably. I don't see how you can pay Thompson max money also, though.

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Tristan Thompson is a max player...

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Tristan Thompson is a max player...

Me either. Its just insane the amount of money being tossed around. Like D. Jordan, that guy can't even do the right thing on a personal level and he's the 3rd wheel on the Clippers and getting max money. But, wasn't Lebron wanting Thompson to get the max before he signed? At least that was a rumor I heard.

You guys need to keep in mind that none of these are really max contracts. The cap is expected to jump from next seasons 70M to about 110M in 2 years and max contracts are calculated based on their 1st year.

xactly

Yea, I get that. But you have to agree, its overpaying anyway you slice it.

I don't know, it's over paying T.T. by a few million a year, but it's not really over paying. Keeping LeBron happy means half a billion dollars of profit, if not more. Gilbert ain't hurting for money, so if an extra 5 mil a year makes the World Best Player a bit happier, by all means...

It is going to be fun watching LeBron buy a team in 15 years and fumble around managing it into the dirt a la Michael.

you are assuming he doesn't learn anything in the next 15 years.

Me either. Its just insane the amount of money being tossed around. Like D. Jordan, that guy can't even do the right thing on a personal level and he's the 3rd wheel on the Clippers and getting max money. But, wasn't Lebron wanting Thompson to get the max before he signed? At least that was a rumor I heard.

Also what I heard. Windhurst this morning was saying that the Cavs wouldn't budge though, so eventually LeBron wen ahead and signed and they will sort out the Thompson thing later.

Also what I heard. Windhurst this morning was saying that the Cavs wouldn't budge though, so eventually LeBron wen ahead and signed and they will sort out the Thompson thing later.

Good to see Cavs management have a backbone. He's not worth that type of money. But, I do think he's a key piece and should be rewarded for his play.

Yea, I get that. But you have to agree, its overpaying anyway you slice it.

Not really. An $18 million/year contract this season is the equviliant to an $11 million contract in two seasons. There's always going to be the same number of players on the teams, so as the cap goes up, everyone's salary is going to go up. Him getting the big contract this season is just getting in on things a little early.

Archived