What do you expect to see in Bran storyline in Season 6?

Lady of Butterflies

The IceBrandon!?! oh help me Lord...

I've only read through about half of his 47 part series, some of them are short.  A lot of it is very Tinfoil, but I do think he will warg an Ice Dragon.  There have far too many mentions of them for them not to appear.  As for the link, I thought people might get a kick out of it.

I take it you don't think he will warg an Ice Dragon?  What do you think will happen?

Brans storyline this season will revolve around his TOJ visons I think. They will start as "flashes" as he is learning..Bloodraven will help him learn how to go deeper into the visons and his last episode for the season will end with the whole TOJ vision which will reintroduce Jon's storyline 

He'll warg an Ice Dragon obviously, all the talk of them can't be for nothing. 
http://gfycat.com/UnawareFakeAlpaca

I've not read the books but for some reason, and this is just a feeling, that Bran will be so exceptional in his skills he won't need to attach himself to a tree and can roam free. (That rhymed!)

I think the "you will fly" does relate to a dragon but as a rider and the only slim, tiny, evidence I have for that is the special saddle Tyrion had made for him. At the time it was a big deal but we only saw it used briefly for a quick ride out before he was captured. I don't think that was all done just to make Bran accessible to kidnapping. It was a bit of foreshadowing of his ability to physically ride an animal while disabled. If so, it showed his independant (albeit foolish at the time) nature and his bravery.

Also, it he can warg a dragon, and I think Spilt Pea Soup might have mentioned something similar to this, it really devalues the other two riders (Dany and ?) - what would be the point plus that makes Bran a possible problem. Imagine if someone could hack your car whilst you're driving an F1 racecar in Monaco? That puts way too much variable in. No, I think he is one of the dragon riders.

Someone even thinks Bran's dragon has been spotted over Hardhome.
http://gfycat.com/UnawareFakeAlpaca

This was a stretch of all stretches and even fewer people saw this than those that saw Jon's eyes turn purple.
But it would be cool to have an ice dragon...if HeShe exists, it's still napping, perhaps in the wall or somewhere near Bran. Maybe the Children have been playing kick-the-dragon egg with it up there in the deep North. :)

Something which Martin has maintained for a long time is that magic needs to be a) obscure and b) limited.  It is simply no fun if magic can accomplish anything.  Why go to war if warlocks can decimate an army?  So we will hopefully learn what the limitations are to Bran's power.  

Now, the simplest limitation would be that he cannot warg a dragon.  They are fire and his magic is Ice.  So he cannot touch them.  If this is the case, then his role will be limited to warging wights and ravens and mammoths, etc.  We shall see!

Something which Martin has maintained for a long time is that magic needs to be a) obscure and B) limited.  It is simply no fun if magic can accomplish anything.  Why go to war if warlocks can decimate an army?  So we will hopefully learn what the limitations are to Bran's power.  

Now, the simplest limitation would be that he cannot warg a dragon.  They are fire and his magic is Ice.  So he cannot touch them.  If this is the case, then his role will be limited to warging wights and ravens and mammoths, etc.  We shall see!

My thinking is: Jon is "dead" Jon can't fight Bran's invasion of his body, Bran uses Jon's body for some purpose, he is the only literal Ice Dragon in the North.

I've only read through about half of his 47 part series, some of them are short.  A lot of it is very Tinfoil, but I do think he will warg an Ice Dragon.  There have far too many mentions of them for them not to appear.  As for the link, I thought people might get a kick out of it.

I take it you don't think he will warg an Ice Dragon?  What do you think will happen?

Honestly, I'd rather see him warg one of Dany's dragons if he does end up warging a dragon, but I won't lose any sleep if an ice dragon makes an appearance on the show or in the books. As for the IceBrandon series, I find it borderline impossible for such a serious change of direction of the entire series with two books to go, and I've only skimmed over alot of the posts but the backlash they get is hilarious, and he posted the same link as you, but it stated something like "IceBrandon seen at Hardhome!"  :bs: 

Something which Martin has maintained for a long time is that magic needs to be a) obscure and B) limited.  It is simply no fun if magic can accomplish anything.  Why go to war if warlocks can decimate an army?  So we will hopefully learn what the limitations are to Bran's power.  

Agreed but the Others / White Walkers raise entire armys of the dead using some necromancy which is a form of magic so, GRRM is being a little bit hypocritical there.

Honestly, I'd rather see him warg one of Dany's dragons if he does end up warging a dragon, but I won't lose any sleep if an ice dragon makes an appearance on the show or in the books. As for the IceBrandon series, I find it borderline impossible for such a serious change of direction of the entire series with two books to go, and I've only skimmed over alot of the posts but the backlash they get is hilarious, and he posted the same link as you, but it stated something like "IceBrandon seen at Hardhome!"  :bs:

If you like psychotic backlash, you gotta check out the meerenese blot.  Every thread touching this has turned into a full throw down brawl.  And they are brilliant, the blot is the only reason I reread AFFC and ADWD by POV.  Gave me a whole new perspective on the last two books.

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

Also, any thread touching on Ragnarok is sure to start a fight.

If you like psychotic backlash, you gotta check out the meerenese blot.  Every thread touching this has turned into a full throw down brawl.  And they are brilliant, the blot is the only reason I reread AFFC and ADWD by POV.  Gave me a whole new perspective on the last two books.

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

Also, any thread touching on Ragnarok is sure to start a fight.

Damn it wipes! you had to bring up that boondoggle. FUCK !

I've not read the books but for some reason, and this is just a feeling, that Bran will be so exceptional in his skills he won't need to attach himself to a tree and can roam free. (That rhymed!)

I think the "you will fly" does relate to a dragon but as a rider and the only slim, tiny, evidence I have for that is the special saddle Tyrion had made for him. At the time it was a big deal but we only saw it used briefly for a quick ride out before he was captured. I don't think that was all done just to make Bran accessible to kidnapping. It was a bit of foreshadowing of his ability to physically ride an animal while disabled. If so, it showed his independant (albeit foolish at the time) nature and his bravery.

Also, it he can warg a dragon, and I think Spilt Pea Soup might have mentioned something similar to this, it really devalues the other two riders (Dany and ?) - what would be the point plus that makes Bran a possible problem. Imagine if someone could hack your car whilst you're driving an F1 racecar in Monaco? That puts way too much variable in. No, I think he is one of the dragon riders.

This was a stretch of all stretches and even fewer people saw this than those that saw Jon's eyes turn purple.
But it would be cool to have an ice dragon...if HeShe exists, it's still napping, perhaps in the wall or somewhere near Bran. Maybe the Children have been playing kick-the-dragon egg with it up there in the deep North. :)

If he was limited to riding on a dragon with a saddle that would be very disappointing.  Bran is extremely powerful and whether he knows it or not, Bloodraven knows it.  Even Varamyr failed to warg a human, but Bran can warg Hodor effortlessly.  Whether he sees through Bloodraven and flees the cave, he will need the weirwood net to reach his true potential, he's not leaving that cave for a while.  Bloodraven told him he needed to embrace the darkness, he's deep in the womb now and if he emerges it will be a very big deal.

The three heads of the dragon being three dragon riders is not known, neither is the idea that ice and fire will fight for dominance.  Honestly, I'm not convinced that any dragon other than Drogon will even reach Westeros.

If he was limited to riding on a dragon with a saddle that would be very disappointing.  Bran is extremely powerful and whether he knows it or not, Bloodraven knows it.  Even Varamyr failed to warg a human, but Bran can warg Hodor effortlessly.  Whether he sees through Bloodraven and flees the cave, he will need the weirwood net to reach his true potential, he's not leaving that cave for a while.  Bloodraven told him he needed to embrace the darkness, he's deep in the womb now and if he emerges it will be a very big deal.

The three heads of the dragon being three dragon riders is not known, neither is the idea that ice and fire will fight for dominance.  Honestly, I'm not convinced that any dragon other than Drogon will even reach Westeros.

It's very curious as to what will happen to the other dragons. Maybe they die?

They could die in Meerene, yeah.  I'm not saying they will, but I seriously doubt Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are going to riding these dragons to Westeros to save the realm from the Others.  Although I do think Tyrion will be the first to successfully bind a dragon.

Archived