What is the last word of Princess Elia before death?

purple-eyes

Do we actually have confirmation that the name Rhaegar whispered was Lyanna's though? I don't think so. As far as I know, it's stated that it was just a woman's name, not who that woman was. Could've been Elia for all we know.

It was said as Lyanna in the APP.

She and Oberyn were close.  She may have called out to him. 

Really? After seeing her infant being murdered?

I can only imagine she went mad or entered a psychotic break, like Catelyn during the Red Wedding. I dont think she was alert when Gregor raped her. Rhaegar was killed, her children murdered, his father in law killed, she was trapped and sieged by enemies. Nope. A call for Oberyn sounds too sober to me.

Really? After seeing her infant being murdered?

I can only imagine she went mad or entered a psychotic break, like Catelyn during the Red Wedding. I dont think she was alert when Gregor raped her. Rhaegar was killed, her children murdered, his father in law killed, she was trapped and sieged by enemies. Nope. A call for Oberyn sounds too sober to me.

Yes, really.  After everything she just saw and went through I could see her calling out to her brother for help and protection.   

Balerion has been plotting his revenge for 17 years.  :lol:

People are going to be so disappointed when the Gravedigger finally makes his way to KL, Ser Robert charges at him, trips over Balerion, tumbles down the stairs, and re-dies.

I was discussing with other people about the last words of Rhaegar and we knew it is Lyanna from APP. 
So I suddenly remembered that Elia also had some last words, which is also a name. 

“My little birds tell me that Princess Elia cried a… certain name… when they came for her.”
“Is a secret still a secret if everyone knows it?” In Casterly Rock, it  was common knowledge that Gregor Clegane had killed Elia and her babe.  They said he had raped the princess with her son’s blood and brains  still on his hands. 
“This secret is your lord father’s sworn man.”
“My father would be the first to tell you that fifty thousand Dornishmen are worth one rabid dog."

Since it is not going to be a real secret if Elia just cried mountain's name (like Tyrion said, and also she may not even know him due to her health and status, I guess) or Rhaegar's name, so what name this is?
By the way, who is "they" here?

My personal theory is that:

This is a small trick which GRRM put here just for some fun. 

Elia cried the name of Arthur Dayne (her love, her safeguard, her childhood friend, her BFF's brother, etc. ). 

Tyrion's lord father is Mad king. 

Arthur Dayne is the sworn KG of Mad King. 

So Rheagar said Lyanna's name at death, and Elia said Arthur Dayne's name at death. 

By the way, I know this can not be true. Just for some fun. 

Oh, you found one of George's two thousand lost red herrings.
Throw it in with the others over there, will you?

I personally hate the idea Elia had some secret lover. It feels like a way to absolve Rhaegar of blame for his treatment of Elia (which was pretty damn shitty, no matter what way you look at it), by shitting on Elia's name (forgive my language).
Answering the OP, most likely "aegon", or "rhaenys", or maybe "oberyn". Since she "cried" the name.
Seems likely Elia would cry the name of the son she just saw butchered, since she would probably go mad after witnessing such brutality like catelyn after robb died.
Or, being in a desperate situation, would cry the name of someone who looked after her and was close with her. Oberyn fits in with that.

Are you a (f)Aegon believer ?

Are you asking if I believe he's fAegon or if I believe he's RhAegon?

If baby Aegon was already dead, there's no use calling his name.  And if it was a stunt double baby who died, calling out Aegon's name could endanger his life.  So actually Elia's last word probably has no bearing on the issue.

Are you asking if I believe he's fAegon or if I believe he's RhAegon?

If baby Aegon was already dead, there's no use calling his name.  And if it was a stunt double baby who died, calling out Aegon's name could endanger his life.  So actually Elia's last word probably has no bearing on the issue.

I am asking if you believe that Aegon was in the room when the Mountain entered it with thoughts of carnal lust.

I think that would have a bearing on Elia's last words.

You disagree ?

She might have called for Jaime, as he was the KG on duty.

Her very last word was probably Rhaegar or Robert--the latter being to curse him, most likely.

What? Robert? That can not be true.
Robert was quite innocent in the rebellion honestly.
Rhaegar and mad king had the most share of blame.

Archived