Do the Mountain Clans Abandon Stannis?

StarkofWinterfell

Wyman Manderley has stated that he'll take Stannis as his king if Rickon comes back. There's one for you.

Your obsession with Blackwater is hilarious :lol: So desperate!

Robb lost the North and it had absolutely nothing to do with the Freys. It was his incompetence that got him into that position. In fact it was his own incompetence again which allowed Tywin to march through to KL.

Stannis on the other hand was hindered by wildfire, the quantity of which no one could have expected.

Keep digging!

Wyman made a promise to Davos. He did not swear fealty to Stannis. Poor reading comprehension mars your arguments.

Stannis is a failure that lost the most important battle in the war. Ned and Robb won every battle they participated in. I'm sorry that you hate facts but that's what's in the books. Stannis also lost the Stormlands if you've forgotten.

Stannis knew Ned could be a potential useful ally against the Lannisters, He knew Ned needed help against the Lannisters, He knew his brother (the King) was in danger and he did nothing because he was jealous of Ned. 
He could have sent Davos to KL if he was too afraid to come. 

Jelous of Ned? Get real, and grow up. This goes way off Stannis character, these are book character it's silly to go on a make your own fanfic because someone is attacking your favorite Northern family. We all read the same books, and it seems some need to re-read more than others.

Defeating the IB in naval battle? Defeating a wilding army that outnumber him 1:10? Ned was a good commander but he does not have those kind of battles in his list of achivements

Ned also doesn't have a major defeat called Blackwater in his portfolio. Stannis is a better admiral no doubt but Ned has him beat when it comes to land battles.

Stannis knew Ned could be a potential useful ally against the Lannisters, He knew Ned needed help against the Lannisters, He knew his brother (the King) was in danger and he did nothing because he was jealous of Ned. 
He could have sent Davos to KL if he was too afraid to come. 

How could Stannis know that Ned would find out about the incest? How could he know that he could trust him? Stannis fled because it was the best option to keep himself alive.Ned was in danger becaise he knew too much and Stannis could have hardly prediccted this scenario

Jelous of Ned? Get real, and grow up. This goes way off Stannis character, these are book character it's silly to go on a make your own fanfic because someone is attacking your favorite Northern family. We all read the same books, and it seems some need to re-read more than others.

I agree - here's a quote to help jog your memory

“Why should I avenge Eddard Stark? The man was nothing to me. Oh, Robert loved him, to be sure. Loved him as a brother, how often did I hear that? I was his brother, not Ned Stark, but you would never have known it by the way he treated me. I held Storm’s End for him, watching good men starve while Mace Tyrell and Paxter Redwyne feasted within sight of my walls. Did Robert thank me? No. He thanked Stark, for lifting the siege when we were down to rats and radishes. I built a fleet at Robert’s command, took Dragonstone in his name. Did he take my hand and say, Well done, brother, whatever should I do without you? No, he blamed me for letting Willem Darry steal away Viserys and the babe, as if I could have stopped it. I sat on his council for fifteen years, helping Jon Arryn rule his realm while Robert drank and whored, but when Jon died, did my brother name me his Hand? No, he went galloping off to his dear friend Ned Stark, and offered him the honor. And small good it did either of them. “

Ned also doesn't have a major defeat called Blackwater in his portfolio. Stannis is a better admiral no doubt but Ned has him beat when it comes to land battles.

Could you tell me any victory of Ned compared to the wilding defeat on foot? And blackwater was an anphibial assault, something pretty hard to achive with a Tyrell Lannister alliance that came out of no where.

How could Stannis know that Ned would find out about the incest? How could he know that he could trust him? Stannis fled because it was the best option to keep himself alive.Ned was in danger becaise he knew too much and Stannis could have hardly prediccted this scenario

He could have helped Ned find out by sending Davos. As for how he could trust him - Ned hates the Lannisters (openly - The argument between Ned and Robert about the murder of Aegon and Rhaenys was known well enough) , he is fiercely loyal to Robert and known for being honorable. 

Why should I avenge Eddard Stark? The man was nothing to me. Oh, Robert loved him, to be sure. Loved him as a brother, how often did I hear that? I was his brother, not Ned Stark, but you would never have known it by the way he treated me. I held Storms End for him, watching good men starve while Mace Tyrell and Paxter Redwyne feasted within sight of my walls. Did Robert thank me? No. He thanked Stark, for lifting the siege when we were down to rats and radishes. I built a fleet at Roberts command, took Dragonstone in his name. Did he take my hand and say, Well done, brother, whatever should I do without you? No, he blamed me for letting Willem Darry steal away Viserys and the babe, as if I could have stopped it. I sat on his council for fifteen years, helping Jon Arryn rule his realm while Robert drank and whored, but when Jon died, did my brother name me his Hand? No, he went galloping off to his dear friend Ned Stark, and offered him the honor. And small good it did either of them.

Stannis being jealous of Ned does not mean that he want him to die or that he wanted him to fail.

Could you tell me any victory of Ned compared to the wilding defeat on foot? And blackwater was an anphibial assault, something pretty hard to achive with a Tyrell Lannister alliance that came out of no where.

Can you tell me of any battle in which Ned was defeated? The Tyrell - Lannister alliance occurred because Stannis killed Renly. 

Defeating the IB in naval battle? Defeating a wilding army that outnumber him 1:10? Ned was a good commander but he does not have those kind of battles in his list of achivements

No, Ned didn't defeat the numerically inferior Iron Fleet with Lord Redwyne, or one of the lesser islands in the Iron Isles. He stormed several castles on the capital of the Iron Islands. And no, Ned did not take a completely unorganised army by surprise, with non-combatants in the way. He defeated a numerically superior, well organised army in open battle and won twice. He also saved Stannis by lifting the siege of Storm's End. Ned has much better credentials than Stannis, as does his son.

He could have helped Ned find out by sending Davos. As for how he could trust him - Ned hates the Lannisters (openly - The argument between Ned and Robert about the murder of Aegon and Rhaenys was known well enough) , he is fiercely loyal to Robert and known for being honorable. 

Stannis barely knows Ned at all. how could he trust him? It would be a risky move,because Stannis unlike us does not read Ned's PoV

The wildling defeat is seriously overplayed. A poorly armed, poorly armored army of undisciplined rabble taken by surprise. The STarks have been neating wildling ass for thousands of years - The wildlings have never won a battle against any westerosi force. Name one major Land battle that Stannis has won against a proper army - Ned won the battle of the Bells against the likes of Jon Connington who led a large army of well trained  and armed and armored soldiers.

Btw Ned saved Stannis' ass in SE, saved Robert's ass in the battle of the Bells, Led the vanguard at the Trident, and took the capital of the Iron Islanders. Northmen were first through the breach in Pyke. 

I was just about to say, pretty sure Stannis actually talks about being jealous of Ned Stark.

Also, Robb lost the North when his envoy completely failed to seal an alliance and instead aided in an attack on the North.  Sending that envoy was a bad decision, but it wasn't a lost battle.  Robb was actually a solid commander, if his plans had worked out.  Drawing Tywin Lannister west and damaging the westerlands in the same way the riverlands were being attacked is sound strategy, especially when you believe there are other armies about to attack your enemy from another front.  He took Jamie Lannister unaware in the Whispering Wood, and he as a commander he fought a great war.  Robb's problem was the decisions he made off the battlefield.  Trusting Theon and giving up his Ironborn hostage.  Dishonoring and then honoring the daughter of your enemy's bannerman.  Breaking a pact with the Freys and then trusting them.

I bet if there wasn't a Red Wedding Robb uses Howland Reed's help to sneak up above Moat Cailin and bounces the Ironborn from the North himself.

Why should I avenge Eddard Stark? The man was nothing to me. Oh, Robert loved him, to be sure. Loved him as a brother, how often did I hear that? I was his brother, not Ned Stark, but you would never have known it by the way he treated me. I held Storms End for him, watching good men starve while Mace Tyrell and Paxter Redwyne feasted within sight of my walls. Did Robert thank me? No. He thanked Stark, for lifting the siege when we were down to rats and radishes. I built a fleet at Roberts command, took Dragonstone in his name. Did he take my hand and say, Well done, brother, whatever should I do without you? No, he blamed me for letting Willem Darry steal away Viserys and the babe, as if I could have stopped it. I sat on his council for fifteen years, helping Jon Arryn rule his realm while Robert drank and whored, but when Jon died, did my brother name me his Hand? No, he went galloping off to his dear friend Ned Stark, and offered him the honor. And small good it did either of them.

it ain't that he was Jelous, it's that you seem to think Stannis is so stupid to dismiss a northern alliance because of jealously. Is that really what you think,he was Jelous of Ned so he didn't tell him? You read one word; in this case it was "Jelous" which is understandable in his case wouldn't you agree? and then you have to make your own conspiracy theory.

No, Ned didn't defeat the numerically inferior Iron Fleet with Lord Redwyne, or one of the lesser islands in the Iron Isles. He stormed several castles on the capital of the Iron Islands. And no, Ned did not take a completely unorganised army by surprise, with non-combatants in the way. He defeated a numerically superior, well organised army in open battle and won twice. Ned has much better credentials than Stannis, as does his son.

Stannis also took some castles during Balon Rebellion, the Iron born were indefeated at sea until Stannis defeated them, and the battle was won due to the trao that he set to Victarion, one of the best battle commanders in Westeros.
The wildings are fierce fighters that had Mammoths and giants, and outnumber him 1:10 to say the least. During Roberts Rebellion. NED'S greatest victory maybe the Trident, but that was Robert killing Rhaegar.

it ain't that he was Jelous, it's that you seem to think Stannis is so stupid to dismiss a northern alliance because of jealously. Is that really what you think,he was Jelous of Ned so he didn't tell him? You read one word; in this case it was "Jelous" which is understandable in his case wouldn't you agree? and then you have to make your own conspiracy theory.

He refuses to avenge Ned because he was jealous - and if you think this didnt play a part in his decision to inform Ned about the Lannisters then you are sorely mistaken. Its human nature. Why should he trust a man fiercely loyal to Robert, who is known for hating Lannisters and who is known for being honorable. Why should Stannis mistrust Ned when Ned saved his ass.

Wyman made a promise to Davos. He did not swear fealty to Stannis. Poor reading comprehension mars your arguments.

Stannis is a failure that lost the most important battle in the war. Ned and Robb won every battle they participated in. I'm sorry that you hate facts but that's what's in the books. Stannis also lost the Stormlands if you've forgotten.

He made a promise to take Stannis as his king. My reading comprehension is fine. You are either being blind or just obtuse. probably both.

Robb lost the North. FACT.

Robb managed to lose both his prime hostages. FACT.

Robb broke his wow to Walder Frey, a monumentally stupid move. FACT.

Robb failed in communicating the correct orders to his men. FACT.

Stanns's list of military accomplishments by far and away outweigh Robb's. You're just trolling now.

The wildling defeat is seriously overplayed. A poorly armed, poorly armored army of undisciplined rabble taken by surprise. The STarks have been neating wildling ass for thousands of years - The wildlings have never won a battle against any westerosi force. Name one major Land battle that Stannis has won against a proper army - Ned won the battle of the Bells against the likes of Jon Connington who led a large army of well trained  and armed and armored soldiers.
Btw Ned saved Stannis' ass in SE, saved Robert's ass in the battle of the Bells, Led the vanguard at the Trident, and took the capital of the Iron Islanders. Northmen were first through the breach in Pyke. 

Stannis army was smaller than the Northmen army, and this time the wildings were netter organized and had the aid of Mammoths and gigants.Stannis army was like 1500 men strong

He refuses to avenge Ned because he was jealous - and if you think this didnt play a part in his decision to inform Ned about the Lannisters then you are sorely mistaken. Its human nature. Why should he trust a man fiercely loyal to Robert, who is known for hating Lannisters and who is known for being honorable. Why should Stannis mistrust Ned when Ned saved his ass.

Why should Stannis trust Ned? He doesn't know him and hasn't seen him for years. Plus Ned's daughter is betrothed to Joffrey. No doubt, Stannis was a bit disgruntled and jealous but he has no reason to go spilling everything to Ned.

Archived