Does anyone believe that King Stannis will make it towards the end of the story?

KingStannisFan

Ahh. So it is just people in denial.

Where have the apple Martini's gone? This forum is just general hate mongering with with snide comments.

Let me clear this up for you kitten. I am not on Stannis's side. I am not On daenery's side. I am not on Jon's side. I am a fan of well written characters. The pov's are tolerable except for tyrion who could get an acme safe dropped on him and I would cheer. David Benioff has never been a good writer for adapting. This is an opinion. Before game of thrones this was commonly held- Troy and the X-men are my case and point. What Martin did or didn't tell him is vague. He is a coward and always will be a coward- he never owns up to anything he did wrong and always blames someone else. Are we done here? Good. Have a nice day, remember assumpitions make an ass out of you and me.

It's ironic because the show is the only source of info the OP has.

Hence why I didn't qoute anyone. The show posts in the book forum are starting to become excessive. I understand the nature of wanting the use the show as a source- but as it stands they are two different things like the hobbit movie and the hobbit book.

Where have the apple Martini's gone? This forum is just general hate mongering with with snide comments.
Let me clear this up for you kitten. I am not on Stannis's side. I am not On daenery's side. I am not on Jon's side. I am a fan of well written characters. The pov's are tolerable except for tyrion who could get an acme safe dropped on him and I would cheer. David Benioff has never been a good writer for adapting. This is an opinion. Before game of thrones this was commonly held- Troy and the X-men are my case and point. What Martin did or didn't tell him is vague. He is a coward and always will be a coward- he never owns up to anything he did wrong and always blames someone else. Are we done here? Good. Have a nice day, remember assumpitions make an ass out of you and me.

Hence why I didn't qoute anyone. The show posts in the book forum are starting to become excessive. I understand the nature of wanting the use the show as a source- but as it stands they are two different things like the hobbit movie and the hobbit book.

From the guy who just complained about the hate mongering and the snide comments. If you don't like the forum so much, why are you on it?
And actually I don't use the show as a source. But I do however, use quotes that confirm plot points as sources. It doesn't matter if D&D aren't good writers, it doesn't matter if they add a lot of bullshit to their show. None of my opinions or your opinions of D&D change the fact they know GRRM's main future storyline. And if they go out of their way to confirm some of the future storyline, then I'm not going to deny their words.
Like your doing. By saying "don't listen to them" and saying I'm making an ass out of myself for assuming they're words are true.

ONE. LAST. TIME. [...]

NOT BENIOFF, NOT HBO, NOT SOME FORUM IN THE KNOW, BUT GRRM HIMSELF:

You should drink some chamomile tea.

Na I get hat you are saying, but stuff like Selyse keeping her stillborn babies in glass jaws does not originate from GRRM (that I am aware of) in the article they say that they were told so by GRRM

And to your quote; it is a difference if he is telling details to the general public or to the people who's job it is to adapt his work. If he doesn't tell them whats going to happen, the show is going to go even more off the rails than it already has.

I m in the extreme minority on this, but I think not only will he make it to the end but he ll be the King when the series ends. The way GRRM has written his story makes it seem like this is very unlikely but that's exactly why I think it will happen. I think stannis winning the game in the end would be one of the most satisfying conclusions in the series and yet it would be a believable one.

I m in the extreme minority on this, but I think not only will he make it to the end but he ll be the King when the series ends. The way GRRM has written his story makes it seem like this is very unlikely but that's exactly why I think it will happen. I think stannis winning the game in the end would be one of the most satisfying conclusions in the series and yet it would be a believable one.

I think it would be among the biggest failures in history of literature..

No that would be if Dany or Jon became Queen/King.

This is exactly what I am afraid, and so far it is so clear that Dany is set up by GRRM as final winner, GRRM lost his sense to such a degree to make Dany sit on the iron throne with Jon and call it a bittersweet, it would be my worst nightmare on literature

This is exactly what I am afraid, and so far it is so clear that Dany is set up by GRRM as final winner, GRRM lost his sense to such a degree to make Dany sit on the iron throne with Jon and call it a bittersweet, it would be my worst nightmare on literature

Which is why I think it won't happen. GRRM likes to surprise his readers and for some time Dany and Jon have seemed to be destined for the throne. It would be a great twist for Stannis to win the throne instead.

No that would be if Dany or Jon became Queen/King.

Totally disagree, the prologue of ACoK would make no sense, Stannis is the very definition of the word 'pretender', look it up. I don't think the IT will exist, but if it's Dany or Jon it would makes far more sense. Hate it all you want, it's true..

To trust anything Dumb and Dumber says is foolish. These are the guys who had Sansa raped because "creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen" :bang: For all we know GRRM could have told them that Shireen burned her tongue on some hot mulled wine, and I wouldn't put it past D&D to extrapolate Stannis burning Shireen alive from it.

It does seem like a good possibility that she does get the torch :worried: But in no way do I come to that conclusion in regards to anything related to the show.

To trust anything Dumb and Dumber says is foolish. These are the guys who had Sansa raped because "creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen" :bang: For all we know GRRM could have told them that Shireen burned her tongue on some hot mulled wine, and I wouldn't put it past D&D to extrapolate Stannis burning Shireen alive from it.

It does seem like a good possibility that she does get the torch :worried: But in no way do I come to that conclusion in regards to anything related to the show.

Dumb and Dumber ! I wonder why I did not come up with that! Thanks for a million times!

Dumb and Dumber ! I wonder why I did not come up with that! Thanks for a million times!

I can't take credit, its been used a lot on the rant & rave thread.

ETA: Which is a very therapeutic thread, the only thing that got me through season five with my sanity intact. ;)

Interesting, because the show actually makes him out to be a lot more likeable than the books.
Or where you referring to [spoiler]him killing Shireen? Cause deny it all you like, but it's been confirmed[/spoiler]

No, it didn't.

Stannis is yet to discover teleportation, repeat it all you want it isn't canon.

Archived