Visenya the Conquerer?

Darkstream

Shmi44@ Now that is just downright sexist...

It's just a fact, womens can't be good fighters especially in Middle Ages. if telling the truth makes me sexist in your eyes, well okay then =/ 

And assume what she can be better sword fighter than Aegon is kinda stupid. He was a experienced warrior after all, not best of course, but still good.

Shmi44,

it is not, actually. We don't know if Aegon still had the time to continue his daily training contingent (like Jon continues to do, when he is Lord Commander) but I doubt it. After all, he had a lot of ruling and unifying to do. The day has only so many hours, and you have to sleep, receive people, sit in judgment, hold court, organize stuff, make plans, etc. There wouldn't be much time on a progress to actually take much time to train yourself in combat. Not to mention that a king should eventually be above his subjects, not beating them in the mud (or more precisely, risk being beat by them). We also know that Aegon never fought in any tourneys which also reduces his need to remain a very good warrior. Aegon clearly was a great fighter back during the Conquest when he fought against the champion of Ghost Hill in single combat (actually the fool of House Toland), but I really don't think he remained in the same shape ten or twenty years after the Conquest.

Robert was a great fighter in his youth, too. Yet the Robert of the year 298 AC is a joke when compared to the Robert of the year 283 AC. I'm not saying Aegon grew fat and lazy, but there is no reason to believe that he still had the time to train as much as he could when he was still only the Lord of Dragonstone.

Visenya, on the other hand, had no patience for all this sweet talk and the 'courtlier aspects' or court life (i.e. balls, masquerades, feasts, etc.). I could easily see her raising early each day and spending 2-3 days in the yard beating up people. Not to mention that Maegor greatly resembled her (sadism excluded) and one really imagines that she actually helped train him at arms. After Rhaenys' death the whole 'public relations' part of the dynasty would have fallen to Aegon and young Aenys since Visenya (and later Maegor) had no hand or interest for that.

Aegon or Visenya, who do you think was more vital in conquering Westeros? Who was more valuable in uniting/governing the seven kingdom's?

Aegon was the most vital. Most lords supported him and relented and the rebelliousness not just because he had dragons but because of his leadership. He was just and wise, that goes a long way when you think of it.

Shmi44@ Of course they can, they may have a physical disadvantage in terms of strength but that is not something that you can not overcome with training and skill, you are saying that it is downright impossible for a woman to be a better fighter than a man, why is that?

Visenya might not have the physique to wield a war hammer as well as Robert Barateon, but there's no reason why she couldn't be swift and skilled with a sword.

And of course, she rode Vhagar, which is like having your own fighter-bomber.

Shmi44@ Of course they can, they may have a physical disadvantage in terms of strength but that is not something that you can not overcome with training and skill, you are saying that it is downright impossible for a woman to be a better fighter than a man, why is that?

i know some women who was training in boxing, and can tell what even if they train 30 years they still wouldn't be able to beat up a male fighter. Difference not only in the strength, women have less reactions,stamina and speed too. Whats why in the wars man are fighting and women staying home with children. If they try they just will suck hardly. If you dont have a personal dragon of course - then things are different :)

Not impossible but the greatest female fighter would struggle against a good male fighter unless of course it's Brienne and 6ft of muscles.

Not impossible but the greatest female fighter would struggle against a good male fighter unless of course it's Brienne and 6ft of muscles.

To be honest in real life even Brienne will suck, she will be still weaker than a average male who is close to her mass. Women have different more weaker structure of muscle.

To be honest in real life even Brienne will suck, she will be still weaker than a average male who is close to her mass. Women have different more weaker structure of muscle.

Suck is harsh she'd still destroy the average man at arms with her decade of best training and equipment along with her being 6ft something of muscles.

Suck is harsh she'd still destroy the average man at arms with her decade of best training and equipment along with her being 6ft something of muscles.

For example - you think some top female boxing or MMA fighter will be able to defeat media-core male fighter in same discipline? I personally don't think so. Female top-fighter probably will lose with no chances. Of cours i mean the mass will be pretty much the same or even in women favor between fighters, coz Brienne is big and most of male fighters will be not bigger than she.

In the book Brienne can beat even knights actually,  i meant what in real life even a women like Brienne will suck.

I am a woman myself but I have to admit that there is significant difference between man and woman on fighting. 

For example, top one female softball or soccer players would be easily defeated by common male players.

even the best female runner could not manage to catch the record of male runner in 100 meters match, not even close.

This is something decided by physiology. 

I am a woman myself but I have to admit that there is significant difference between man and woman on fighting. 

For example, top one female softball or soccer players would be easily defeated by common male players.

even the best female runner could not manage to catch the record of male runner in 100 meters match, not even close.

This is something decided by physiology. 

Er, regarding soccer, I've watched many (amateur level) games female vs male team. A good women's team will anihilate a mediocre men's team nine times out of ten.

I have no idea though how this would translate in sword fighting.

Er, regarding soccer, I've watched many (amateur level) games female vs male team. A good women's team will anihilate a mediocre men's team nine times out of ten.

I have no idea though how this would translate in sword fighting.

oh, I am talking about professional level. 

A top one professional female player (the one who was titled a few times, what is her name? Marta?) and a top one professional male player (let us say Messi or C-ronaldo) have significant differences. 

Amateur level games have too many variables, so it is hard to say. 

oh, I am talking about professional level. 

A top one professional female player (the one who was titled a few times, what is her name? Marta?) and a top one professional male player (let us say Messi or C-ronaldo) have significant differences. 

Amateur level games have too many variables, so it is hard to say. 

Yes, Marta.

I agree you can't compare the best male to the best female, but -returning to ASOIAF- Brienne is the best female and with an exceptional build, while most of her opponents are just mediocre and not even as big as she is. Of course she would kick their ass; it's not something unreal.

(Amateur, lacking the methodical work, preparation and study of the professional, being more "raw", would be a lot more indicative about the importance of the physical abilities of the players, I think.)

Yes, Marta.

I agree you can't compare the best male to the best female, but -returning to ASOIAF- Brienne is the best female and with an exceptional build, while most of her opponents are just mediocre and not even as big as she is. Of course she would kick their ass; it's not something unreal.

True. I am sure Marta in prime can easily beat many players in our local amateur team. 

brienne can win many regular knights. 

But she would not have any chance with a prime Jiame or Arthur or selmy, not even close. 

Brienne is not the typical female you'd expect though.

True. What about Dacey? She's pretty tall but nothing norm-breaking, she's described as "lanky" so I don't imagine a bodybuilder's sort of muscle structure and yet she's supposed to be one of the best, to grant her a place in Robb's thirty.

Archived