TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

This one.

Well, the idea of the library sounded pretty cool to me, but it was too late, already. :frown5: But i quite liked the armory and the waxworks. 

I do not know that one, I have never been to Portugal ... Do you live there? :)

Well, at least there was something you liked! I like museums in general.

hello thread,  whats been happening.

I miss you guys and wish I had more time to spam.

Looks like Titancon next year will be a definite NoNo for me  will have to go to EaterCon in manchester insead.   Still can't complain,  South Africa will be awesome.

hello thread,  whats been happening.

I miss you guys and wish I had more time to spam.

Looks like Titancon next year will be a definite NoNo for me  will have to go to EaterCon in manchester insead.   Still can't complain,  South Africa will be awesome.

You're off to South Africa? Wow, so jealous! :) Its on my long list ofcplaces to visit.

How are you?

Yeah   I'm off yo S. Africa,  it will be our 10th Anniversary treat.      Was gonna be just us but then the family invited themselves along.

so it will be   Hubby and I,    Mum and Dad,   MIL and FIL,     SIL and Boyfriend.

But Muggins here has to organise it all.

Trying to get them all tied down is hard work.   I've now said.  this is what I'm planning.   any objections?   

Other than that I'm good.    How have you been?

Yeah   I'm off yo S. Africa,  it will be our 10th Anniversary treat.      Was gonna be just us but then the family invited themselves along.

so it will be   Hubby and I,    Mum and Dad,   MIL and FIL,     SIL and Boyfriend.

But Muggins here has to organise it all.

Trying to get them all tied down is hard work.   I've now said.  this is what I'm planning.   any objections?   

Other than that I'm good.    How have you been?

oh, not that you might want some privacy right? :rolleyes: it annoys me when people do that, even if its just something small.

I would want to be in charge if organising in your shoes though. I couldnt handlebthe idea that someone else was in charge, i'd be so concerned that they would screw something up.

I've been good. Uni has been mad busy. Catastrophe and bad omens seem to follow me like a bad smell (but happen to people around me, rather than to me). Latest is that I had to sit with a poor man who was having breathing difficulties until an ambulance arrived. He was leaning against the wall and clutching his chest but everyone just walked past him. So i went over, asked if i could help at all,and he told me he had chest problems. So i asked if he wanted an ambulance and he said no he just had to rest. So i took him to a bench, sat him down and said i would wait until he was okay again. Well after a few minutes he seemed to be getting worse so i told him i would ring an ambulance and he just nodded. So i phoned and waited till they arrived and kept talking to this man, then talked to the paramedics when they arrived and watched them take him away. So, that was that! I just found it so bizarre that nobody stopped to help someone quite clearly in trouble.

Aside from that I'm grand though. Booked my train to go home and see the family for Christmas. Back to London for New Year. 

Well I don't mind organizing,  its just nice to have some input from others, beyond   Do we have to go then, it will be cold then.  (Yes if you want to come on this trip.   My holidays are fixed,  I don't get a choice.   Besides its the best time to go on safari)   or   Don't fancy that?    or the plane ride is a bit long,  can't we get a shorter flight.   (I'm not sure everyone understands Flight time is mainly restricted by Distance traveled, and unlike the Millennium falcon,   we can't make the distance less by traveling faster.

I don't mind them all coming,  I just wish they would stop whinging about when we go on holiday.  - if they want to go a different time when its warmer then they can book their own trip.

Helena you are a good person.     for some reason a lot of people don't want to get involved.  I think its proven that the more people around the less likely someone is to help.   I think its called the bystander effect.   If there are very few around then normally someone will help.

being home for xmas is nice.  

Gah!

I've just been told that by MIL that SIL Boyfriend is not coming,  buy Aunt IL is coming instead.   apparently this was agreed months ago.   No-one told me.     or even asked.

I now need this confirmed ASAP   cos the travel agent is holding flights for us and I've given names.....  :rolleyes:     Its nice that people read the e-mails I've been sending out for months which had the names of everyone going on every one.   

oh, not that you might want some privacy right? :rolleyes: it annoys me when people do that, even if its just something small.

I would want to be in charge if organising in your shoes though. I couldnt handlebthe idea that someone else was in charge, i'd be so concerned that they would screw something up.

I've been good. Uni has been mad busy. Catastrophe and bad omens seem to follow me like a bad smell (but happen to people around me, rather than to me). Latest is that I had to sit with a poor man who was having breathing difficulties until an ambulance arrived. He was leaning against the wall and clutching his chest but everyone just walked past him. So i went over, asked if i could help at all,and he told me he had chest problems. So i asked if he wanted an ambulance and he said no he just had to rest. So i took him to a bench, sat him down and said i would wait until he was okay again. Well after a few minutes he seemed to be getting worse so i told him i would ring an ambulance and he just nodded. So i phoned and waited till they arrived and kept talking to this man, then talked to the paramedics when they arrived and watched them take him away. So, that was that! I just found it so bizarre that nobody stopped to help someone quite clearly in trouble.

Aside from that I'm grand though. Booked my train to go home and see the family for Christmas. Back to London for New Year. 

You are such a kind hearted person :love: 

Pebs, your trip sounds amazing.

I've barely even started telling you about the trip.

It was a nice BD supprise in my inbox today when I got sent the suggested Itinnery,   it really does look amaising.  We start of at Cape town for a few days, then slowly drive to Port Elizabeth   (taking almost 2 weeks)  

then we fly to Kuger and spend some a couple of days exploring the escaprment before stayig in the park itself  in a private luxury lodge and get taken out twice a day for guided game drives. before flying home.

all in all just under 3 weeks.     Its gonna be awesome  

Hi Lany,  hope things are well with you.   Happy thanks giving

Gah!

I've just been told that by MIL that SIL Boyfriend is not coming,  buy Aunt IL is coming instead.   apparently this was agreed months ago.   No-one told me.     or even asked.

I now need this confirmed ASAP   cos the travel agent is holding flights for us and I've given names.....  :rolleyes:     Its nice that people read the e-mails I've been sending out for months which had the names of everyone going on every one.   

they sound like really bad travel companions,i know they are family and all but seriously...well, at least in respect of the planning stage. I'm sure you'll all have a great time once you are there though!

And your itinery sounds great too, I'm so jealous!

Also, is it your birthday today? If so, happy birthday! :) Any plans? And if its not, Merry UnBirthday! ;) 

hey  everyone on the board (well almost everyone - I have a couple of peeps on Ignore) are invited.

Woo! I might get my badge then? :D

I'm good. I keep up here, but don't post too much. I'm more of an Entertainment dweller. How are you?

How are you finding Marvel's latest stuff? I don't really keep up with the movies (last one I attempted was Thor Dark World :ack: ) but loving their Netflix series :) 

How are you finding Marvel's latest stuff? I don't really keep up with the movies (last one I attempted was Thor Dark World :ack: ) but loving their Netflix series :) 

I enjoy all of it really. I quite liked Thor:tDW actually :PGuardians of the Galaxy is a must see, A of Ultron is very very full, and not really incredible. Ant-Man is pretty good. Captain America 2 is possibly the best Marvel film. I quite like Agents of Shield too, many people quit during Season 1.

I enjoy all of it really. I quite liked Thor:tDW actually :PGuardians of the Galaxy is a must see, A of Ultron is very very full, and not really incredible. Ant-Man is pretty good. Captain America 2 is possibly the best Marvel film. I quite like Agents of Shield too, many people quit during Season 1.

oh, I've seen Guardians, I did enjoy that. I'll go see the second film. Probably. I meant to watch Ant man but for the life of me can't recall why I didn't... 

I didn't like the first Thor film actually so I have no idea why I tried the s cond :P I'd like to see a film about the Hulk though...are there any pre-existing ones you can recommend? Or plans for one in the MCU future?

And Jessica Jones >>>>>>>> Daredevil for me

I didn't like the first Thor film actually so I have no idea why I tried the s cond :P I'd like to see a film about the Hulk though...are there any pre-existing ones you can recommend? Or plans for one in the MCU future?

And Jessica Jones >>>>>>>> Daredevil for me

Marvel Comic films outside the MCU.

X-Men: Good: X-1 and X-2, First Class, and Days of Future Past. The Wolverine is alright. X-3 is bad, and Wolverine Origins is a travesty.

Spider-Man is good, Spider-Man 2 is better. Spider-Man 3 is awful. I personally liked Amazing Spider-Man and thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn't great but got unfairly trashed. Garfield for me is the better Spider-Man.

Blade and Blade 2 less so are good. Avoid Blade Trinity.

Daredevil (the film) and Elektra are horrific.

Howard the Duck is good for a laugh.

Fantastic Four and Rise of the Silver Surfer are campy and bad. Fan4stic is a disaster.

Ghost Rider is bad. I haven't seen it's sequel.

I liked Punisher War Zone, but it is divisive.

There are loads coming up, the MCU have the most. Two next year Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange (starring Eggs Benedict Cabbagepatch.) And eventually a Spider-Man reboot. Marvel have all the rights back except to Fantastic Four and X-Men properties, Daredevil for instance was at Fox, as was Punisher. Spider-Man is shared between Sony and Marvel.

Fox have Deadpool (an R rated film) and Apocalypse coming along for X-Men. And after those Huge-Jacked-Man's final film as Wolverine.

DC are building their Universe. But only have one film in it so far: the divisive Man of Steel. But Batman vs Superman is on the way, as is Suicide Squad (which I am excited more about.) The Nolan Trilogy aren't in it (personally I feel DK is the only one really worth seeing, Begins and Rises are both skipable.)

Hell Boy 1+2 are neither DC or Marvel (Dark Horse) but are good dorky films.

There are two Incredible Hulk movies. I haven't seen either but I heard one was terrible and the other was okay.

There is Hulk with Eric Bana which is godawful, and the Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton which is bad. The Incredible Hulk is part of the current MCU canon. Norton/Ruffalo being the first head-liner to be replaced, they also recast War Machine.

Ooh, I've actually seen some of those, sai tend to forget them though, if they weren't in what I think of as the "current wave" of SH films. So, I've seen Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 (I liked the first two actually, the third...not so much. I mean, 3 villains and I was still bored throughout. Also, all three should just be retitled "Mary Jane needs saving again"). Will be nice to see a reboot though, Spidey is one of the few superheroes I had heard of as a child so nostalgia, yay!

Garfield then Cat? I assume not but... (Oh, wait, misread...I assume Garfield is the Peter Parker of the Amazing Spider-Man movies, my mistake)

Not seen any of the Blade films...

I have seen the Daredevil film, once I think. I remember liking it a bit. I haven't seen Elektra. Pretty sure I saw a Catwoman film once, I distinctly remember a clip of a woman in a leather suit walkin up to a bar asking for a White Russian, hold the vodka, or something to that effect.

Saw Fantastic 4 (the first one...umm...with Captain America as The Human Torch, I think? Never watched the others...The Incredibles did for me ;)

The only Superman films I've ever seen are the ones on almost non-stop on Chanel 5... I have a bit of a soft spot for them :blush: 

I think I saw a trailer for either Suicide Squad or Deadpool....was one of those released at ComicCon?

So, no Hulk films to recommend? Shame :(

Archived