Does Arya survives at the end and furthers the stark family line through gendry?

ser gerold

because you need valyrian blood to ride a dragon just like you need first men blood to warg ....  There is nothing in the history that shows a dragon can be warged ....they choose who rides them ..

. Grrm said third head don't need to be targ....but he didn't say its going to be a stark ...he will harrdlu spoil that in the interview ....more over the question was asked thinking that three heads means three riders for that he answered......  

The keyword here is Dragon has three heads not three dragons heads ...Dany is the last dragon in the story ...just because someone is targ or targ baatard doesn't make one a dragon .... Dany was first reborn as Last dragon then went on to birth three dragons 

You are right it refers to a unity ....a coming of promised princes who fulfills three versions of same prophecy AAR tPTWP TsWMTW ...and her three heads RHAegal Viserian and Drogon......the three people whose death defined her ....daughter of death 

Dragon ( dany ) has three heads drogon rhaegal viserian ....

Dragons are not something that you find at side of road and anyone can take control of it ....dragons are here because one girl had sacrificed her loved ones and burnt a witch and entered a pyre and came out unhurt and fed the dragons milk and called mother of dragons ....the books have certain things established.... Starks have their wolves and dany has her dragons.....arya has her nymeria and her pack just like dany has her dragons ....dany can't take nymeria or ghost just like arya can't take dany's dragons

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjqlmgXIwo86pL2qkE8L1There is your image of three heads of the dragon arriving 

Absolutely. But has Rhaegal ever allowed Dany to ride him. You are talking about history. But do you know that no man has ever ridden two dragons. Even Aegon and his sisters never dared to ride each other's dragons. 

Very rarely have wargs and dragons been nearby, if you know what I mean?

Wargs are very rare in themselves. And there must be some reason Valyrians did not expand to Westeros. 

Aegon did go to Westeros. But by that time, there were hardly any know Wargs.

So there is no way we can be sure of anything. And plus right now there have so many marriages between Andals and First men that we can never know for sure.

What is the magic that turned the Valyrians from Sheperds to Dragon Lords. How did it start? We just do not have enough info at this point. And is it not interesting that they were Sheperds? The same as nettles. Sheperds have the best chance of pleasing a dragon because they can give them sheep for food. so maybe it is all about pleasing the dragons. And there have been many people with Targaryen blood like Quentyn / Alyn Hull/Valyrion who failed to tame dragons and the dragons reacted in a hostile manner to them.

.ran confirmed it ... 

Where? This is what Ran said in a Question and Answer. Maester Yandel believes in many wrong things and is basing it on the fact that there is no known person without Targaryen blood who has ridden dragons.

So despite not being sure of Nettle's ancestry he labeled her as a dragonseed based on this fact. Dragons and wargs have almost never ever come close. So it would be interesting what would happen if they do.

Question to Ran: Since TPATQ, there have been much and more (heh) discussion on whether Nettles was a dragonseed or not. However, on page 81 in WOIAF it is stated that Sheepstealer was "tamed by a dragonseed". Can and should this be taken as confirmation on Nettles dragonseed status, or is it subject to unreliable history writing?

Answer of Ran: Maester Yandel writes based on the historical record (... for the most part ... ), but that record is imperfect and often a matter of conjecture. In this specific case, Yandel and his sources subscribe to the idea that if you can tame a dragon, you must have Targaryen blood. It is, of course, circular reasoning in its way, but there is circumstantial evidence (namely that no one who is absolutely certain not to have any Targaryen blood has ever succeeded in taming a Targaryen dragon, at least so far as the historical record indicates)

Absolutely. But has Rhaegal ever allowed Dany to ride him. You are talking about history. But do you know that no man has ever ridden two dragons. Even Aegon and his sisters never dared to ride each other's dragons. 

Very rarely have wargs and dragons been nearby, if you know what I mean?

Wargs are very rare in themselves. And there must be some reason Valyrians did not expand to Westeros. 

Aegon did go to Westeros. But by that time, there were hardly any know Wargs.

So there is no way we can be sure of anything. And plus right now there have so many marriages between Andals and First men that we can never know for sure.

What is the magic that turned the Valyrians from Sheperds to Dragon Lords. How did it start? We just do not have enough info at this point.

its a story so if valyrians came before targs then there wont be a target invasion and ruling ...

Yes no one has ever ridden more than one dragon....  

But no one has ever given three eggs ....no one ever birthed three dragons themselves and brought them back from extinction .... No kne ever entered a funeral pyre and survived he fire to bring dragons to the world...no one ever fed three dragons and brought them as Children ...No one ever is called as Mother of dragons ....  Dany is unique .... You said yourself why the past dragon riders can't be a head since they also ride a dragon ....but dany is unique and something new one who controls three dragons... The dragons still care and look for their mother as we can see in quentyn and dany chapters ...Dany has a connection to them they are bonded from  they were  eggs ...its not going to break just like that ...

ran confirmed it in a thread about nettles that one should need the right drop of blood to ride a dragon....even if one is a targ and doesntdoesn't have the right drop they cant ride it 

its a story so if valyrians came before targs then there wont be a target invasion and ruling ...

Yes no one has ever ridden more than one dragon....  

But no one has ever given three eggs ....no one ever birthed three dragons themselves and brought them back from extinction .... No kne ever entered a funeral pyre and survived he fire to bring dragons to the world...no one ever fed three dragons and brought them as Children ...No one ever is called as Mother of dragons ....  Dany is unique .... You said yourself why the past dragon riders can't be a head since they also ride a dragon ....but dany is unique and something new one who controls three dragons... The dragons still care and look for their mother as we can see in quentyn and dany chapters ...Dany has a connection to them they are bonded from  they were  eggs ...its not going to break just like that ...

ran confirmed it in a thread about nettles that one should need the right drop of blood to ride a dragon....even if one is a targ and doesntdoesn't have the right drop they cant ride it 

Show that to me. Which thread? I have quoted Ran's answer. And he has left it completly open. i have edited my above post and added this

What is the magic that turned the Valyrians from Sheperds to Dragon Lords. How did it start? We just do not have enough info at this point. And is it not interesting that they were Sheperds? The same as nettles. Sheperds have the best chance of pleasing a dragon because they can give them sheep for food. so maybe it is all about pleasing the dragons. And there have been many people with Targaryen blood like Quentyn / Alyn Hull/Valyrion who failed to tame dragons and the dragons reacted in a hostile manner to them.

Here is the link where Ran said this

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2zd5yf/spoilers_all_amaa_w_elio_linda_of_westerosorg/

Question to Ran: Since TPATQ, there have been much and more (heh) discussion on whether Nettles was a dragonseed or not. However, on page 81 in WOIAF it is stated that Sheepstealer was "tamed by a dragonseed". Can and should this be taken as confirmation on Nettles dragonseed status, or is it subject to unreliable history writing?

Answer of Ran: Maester Yandel writes based on the historical record (... for the most part ... ), but that record is imperfect and often a matter of conjecture. In this specific case, Yandel and his sources subscribe to the idea that if you can tame a dragon, you must have Targaryen blood. It is, of course, circular reasoning in its way, but there is circumstantial evidence (namely that no one who is absolutely certain not to have any Targaryen blood has ever succeeded in taming a Targaryen dragon, at least so far as the historical record indicates)

When Dany feels irritated its Drogon who shrieks. She has a warg type connection with Drogon which is not the same with Rhaegal or Viserion.  You are assuming she is Azor Ahai. When Jon can be a good candidate for that too. Mellisandre prays for a glimpse of Azor Ahai in the flames, but Rhillor shows her only "Snow". There are many threads on this discussion and any ways we are going out of topic. 

GRRM: "This third Targaryen might very well be -not- a Targaryen, to quote his exact words… ‘Three heads of the dragon… yes… but the third will not nessesarily BE a Targaryen…’”[source]

You are assuming he is responding to a question of dragonriders without any kind of proof. 

And while I assume Valyrian blood is helpful, it doesn’t seem to be the be all end all the fandom assumes:

She would sooner have returned to Meereen on dragon’s wings, to be sure. But that was a desire Drogon did not seem to share.. The dragonlords of old Valyria had controlled their mounts with binding spells and sorcerous horns. Daenerys made do with a word and a whip. Mounted on the dragon’s back, she oft felt as if she were learning to ride all over again. When she whipped her silver mare on her right flank the mare went left, for a horse’s first instinct is to flee from danger. When she laid the whip across Drogon’s right side he veered right, for a dragon’s first instinct is always to attack. Sometimes it did not seem to matter where she struck him, though; sometimes he went where he would and took her with him. Neither whip nor words could turn Drogon if he did not wish to be turned.  Dany, ADWD

Controlling the dragons is not about Valyrian blood that much. Even Dany is not able to control them. There is something more to it. Thats why Quentyn failed. Thats why the dragons do not completely respond to her and are in her control.

Show that to me. Which thread? I have quoted Ran's answer. And he has left it completly open. i have edited my above post and added this

Here is the link where Ran said this

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2zd5yf/spoilers_all_amaa_w_elio_linda_of_westerosorg/

you don't have to trust me you can look it up for urself ....am on my phone and I still have problems with this new format ....the thread was started here after the release of TWOiAF which means the thread is only year old ....I don't remember the exact thread but it was about Nettles and dragonseed...or you can ask ran himself ....  

I would be glad and thankful if anyone who does remember it and linked it 

you don't have to trust me you can look it up for urself ....am on my phone and I still have problems with this new format ....the thread was started here after the release of TWOiAF which means the thread is only year old ....I don't remember the exact thread but it was about Nettles and dragonseed...or you can ask ran himself ....  

I would be glad and thankful if anyone who does remember it and linked it 

Well he cant say something here but answer something different in a different forum.

The reddit link about Ran's answer was 9 months ago. So its even more recent  And he is leaving it completely open.

And unlike you I have linked it. So if Ran said something different 1 year ago, what should we prefer. The more recent opinon right?

GRRM: "This third Targaryen might very well be -not- a Targaryen, to quote his exact words… ‘Three heads of the dragon… yes… but the third will not nessesarily BE a Targaryen…’”[source]

You are assuming he is responding to a question of dragonriders without any kind of proof. 

And while I assume Valyrian blood is helpful, it doesn’t seem to be the be all end all the fandom assumes:

Controlling the dragons is not about Valyrian blood that much. There is something more to it. Thats why Quentyn failed. Thats why the dragons do not completely respond to her and are in her control.

like I said he is hardly going to spoil what are three heads in an interview ....Anyway if three heads are not going to be riders what makes an arya a head if she controls a dragon....what GRRm said applies to my theory as well ....third head doesn't need to be a targ because its not about three individuals at all....

You do realize that dany is the only POV we ever have who is riding a dragon Right .... The first dragon rider in hundred years ..of course she is going to have a problems at the start ...at the end of chapter she controls him well enough 

While dany doesnt know much of a dragonlore the most important thing is dragons remember who they are dany does not ...if drogon let dany To go to meereen then she wouldnt be with dithraki now...its how story works......

If  the one who has birthed and raised them and called as mother for five books having hard time then I don't know how suddenly out of blue a charactet who didnt have anything related to a dragon can ride one....... Dragons bond with the rider ....the bonding is mutual ...bonding doesnt need to forcefully controlling without their invitation ...a dragon chooses who should ride them not let soemone take control of them without their consent ......

My favorite theoy is if first man blood is what makes you ssuperior than dany have that in her so she will warg and control all the wolves when she reaches westeros 

You show me what is more to it than the valyrian blood ...can you say the same for warging that there is no need for first man blood but something more than that .... I like starks and arya but this need to give starks eveeything is getting tiresome.....they have their own kind of magic and dany have her own ....

Like I said you don't have to believe me ...If I was lying I wouldn't give you all those details ....believe what you want but I do believe you are focusing too much on interviews than the actual story 

like I said he is hardly going to spoil what are three heads in an interview ....Anyway if three heads are not going to be riders what makes an arya a head if she controls a dragon....what GRRm said applies to my theory as well ....third head doesn't need to be a targ because its not about three individuals at all....

You do realize that dany is the only POV we ever have who is riding a dragon Right .... The first dragon rider in hundred years ..of course she is going to have a problems at the start ...at the end of chapter she controls him well enough 

While dany doesnt know much of a dragonlore the most important thing is dragons remember who they are dany does not ...if drogon let dany To go to meereen then she wouldnt be with dithraki now...its how story works......

My favorite theoy is if first man blood is what makes you ssuperior than dany have that in her so she will warg and control all the wolves when she reaches westeros 

You show me what is more to it than the valyrian blood ...can you say the same for warging that there is no need for first man blood but something more than that .... I like starks and arya but this need to give starks eveeything is getting tiresome.....they have their own kind of magic and dany have her own ....

Like I said you don't have to believe me ...If I was lying I wouldn't give you all those details ....believe what you want but I do believe you are focusing too much on interviews than t 

He did not say it is "not " about three individuals when asked  the question. He could have just answered that he did not want to say anything regarding this matter rather than leading the person in the wrong direction. So there is a chance that it could be three different people.

You show me what is more to it than the valyrian blood 

Exactly. We do not have enough proof that nettles has Valyrian blood other than Maester Yandel's circular reasoning that because no one without Targaryen blood has hatched dragons in the past, Nettles must be a Dragonseed (as Ran said). Unlike the others like Ulf she did not consider herself to be a dragonseed. Nettles certainly did not have any Targaryen features. Why did the author keep that description? Is it to show that Targaryen bastards who do not look like Targs can control them? He has already shown that using Jacerys Valeyrion. Or, to show that people with no Targ blood can control them? 

But we do know that food is an important element in controlling Dragons and they respond better when their belly is full. Also food was the reason the dragon sheepstealer became friendly with Nettles.

So even when we do have riders who may not be dragonseeds they are attributed to be dragonseeds. 

Thats why there is no way to know for sure. What would happen when wargs interact with Dragons? Somethings have never happened in history.

As far as Dany hatching eggs. She got the magic right. She understood Mirri Maz Duurs words that only death can pay for live. This is something the Targaryens had forgotten. They had forgotten the sorcery involved in hatching dragons.

No one is accusing you of lying. It is just that I cannot make any sense of Ran saying one thing in one place and saying something different in another. 

Right now even Dany has 50% first men blood through the blackwoods and due to subsequent incest. 

There are some things in the story we just cannot prove. Initially only the Children of Forest were greenseers. So how did first men greenseers come. Did they marry Children of the forest? Nothing has been stated and like Jon Snow we know nothing.

We need magic to control dragons. Would the magic of wargs be sufficient? Even wargs find it tough to warg into just anyone. There must be a sufficient level of friendliness. For instance Arya was very friendly with the cat.

We do know that a Targaryen Princess was promised to be married into Cregan Starks family by the pact of ice and fire. So the starks are ice and Targs are fire. 

So in case one head of a dragon is a Targ. Another a Stark. And the third a mix of Stark and Targ it would be an excellent balance of the song of ice and fire.

Is Daenerys in complete control of all her dragons and will no one else ride them? You think no one else will 

But

Well, I made my appearance on Sheep Island a few hours ago, cleverly disguised as Tyrion the Imp for a reading and Q&A session at Bantam’s virtual bookstore. Only this version of Tyrion could fly! Ah, if only the Tyrion in the books could fly, what mischief he will… ah… could… ah, never mind.

It does seem to be a hint.

So yeah, you can ignore everything Grrm says and make it suit your interpretation .Maybe even I am doing  the same. But at this point only the books will tell who is right and who is wrong. I dont think your guess is correct. But if you do get it right, and dany alone is the three heads of the dragon I will come back to this same thread and salute you.

Maybe you would do the same, if Jon turns out to be part of the prophesy of three heads.

So yeah, lets wait and see who is right? Ok

Where is this written? What you have written is just a interpretation by book readers. But Grrm is more complex than that , and his prophesies are not so straightforward.

Only Targaryens or Dragon Seed have ever been shown to ride dragons. Dragon Seed could mean anyone of Valyrian decent.

In the first dance with dragons , we had many dragon riders with Targ blood. Did it make them three heads of a dragon?

No, there has only bee one 3 headed Dragon

Were Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys three heads of a dragon?

Yes

If they were, why?

Because they called themselves that, they are the basis for the Targaryen sigil.

They were certainly not born in blood. Their mothers did not die birthing them, did they?

No, that has nothing to do with it. It is just a motto for the Targaryen house, something they believe.

They are the only set of dragon riders married to each other. And honestly Targaryen are but one sub group of Valyrians who were the orignal dragonlords.

OK

What is important is making the connection with the dragon like the Valyrians did. Not being a Targaryen. Valyrians were initally sheperds who made connection with dragons. If Bran or Arya do it, then why not.

Because there is magic involved in Dragon Bonding, that is why there must be Valyrian blood involved.

Only Targaryens or Dragon Seed have ever been shown to ride dragons. Dragon Seed could mean anyone of Valyrian decent.

Because there is magic involved in Dragon Bonding, that is why there must be Valyrian blood involved.

Nettles was among the few dragon riders who basically had no Targaryen features and neither did she claim she was dragonseed. Grrm might have given Nettles such features to to prove that those without Targ features,but with Targ blood (like Jon) can ride dragons. But he has already done that with Lucerys, Jacerys etc. It is possible she did not have any Valyrian blood.

Maester Yandel believes Nettles is a dragonseed and has stated the same in his iceandfire book. This is what Ran says about it

Maester Yandel writes based on the historical record (... for the most part ... ), but that record is imperfect and often a matter of conjecture. In this specific case, Yandel and his sources subscribe to the idea that if you can tame a dragon, you must have Targaryen blood. It is, of course, circular reasoning in its way, but there is circumstantial evidence (namely that no one who is absolutely certain not to have any Targaryen blood has ever succeeded in taming a Targaryen dragon, at least so far as the historical record indicates)

He has left it open. And so would I.

Valyrians were initially sheperds before becoming dragon lords. Incidentally the only suspected non Targaryen to tame a dragon is also a shepherd .

In the Princess and the Queen it was said that Dragons responded better to command,when their stomach is full. And Nettles won them over using that method,by feeding sheep. 

There is no clear cut proof that there must be Valyrian blood involved. We do know that Magic and Sorcery is needed to control dragons.

.. The dragonlords of old Valyria had controlled their mounts with binding spells and sorcerous horns. Daenerys made do with a word and a whip. Mounted on the dragon’s back, she oft felt as if she were learning to ride all over again. When she whipped her silver mare on her right flank the mare went left, for a horse’s first instinct is to flee from danger. When she laid the whip across Drogon’s right side he veered right, for a dragon’s first instinct is always to attack.

As the kindly men tells Arya, the Valyrians were very strong in sorcery and it is through that method that they controlled Dragons.

In fact that is the same method Euron is going for. And Euron is not a Targaryen.

I hope you will notice this-

Daenerys is unable to control Drogon truly.

My interpretation for this is that a dragon horn is indeed needed to truly control dragons. These dragon horns were probably destroyed by the maesters after the First Dance with Dragons and they probably ensured the secret is gone. The magic is gone. That Maester yandel did not mention about this thing in his book is because as Merywyn the mage said:The Maesters played a role in the destruction of Dragons.

Of course you may opt for another interpretation which may also be correct. But I am going with this one.

Can skinchanging and/or great  friendliness with the dragon allow someone to ride them and do the same thing as a dragon horn? Possibly.

That dany has so much control over them is because she has hatched them. But there was some magical tool which was present in the first dance but which has been lost since the first dance. That is why only dragon hatchings have stopped.

Also some genuine techniques are required to bond with dragons

The Targaryens gave their children dragon eggs to cart around and when the eggs hatched, the dragon imprinted on and was bound to that child.  You may remember that Dany used to cradle her eggs.! By pure instinct without anyone telling her

Maybe a dragon would respond better to a the dragon rider's descendant when the previous riders die. But I dont think its because of Valyrian blood. Else why did quentyn who has dragon blood die? There is something more at work!

And there is this thing- Bran loved the tale of (The Prince who thought he was a dragon-This we get to know in Jon's thoughts). And BloodRaven tells him "you will never walk again, but you will fly"

The Valyrians supposedly bonded to their dragons using magic and blood sacrifice, but we don't see that with the Targaryens in the post-Valyria era.  Maybe there was magic being used by Targs, but the maesters erased it? And destroyed the writings. Thats why Aegon failed to hatch dragons and perished in Summerhall. Because the maesters destroyed the books which had info on how to bond with a dragon. They destroyed the magic .

And thats why what Dany is doing is so special. She got some of it just by instinct despite the fact that most of the magical instruments and written methods were destroyed. She bonded with the eggs by the correct method. She instinctively realized the importance of blood sacrifice which the Valyrians and also the Targs(which the maesters hid from us) did.

That is why the Starks will be able to control Dragons. Because bloodraven knows the spells required to control dragons and would know how to warg them. Greenseers can see beyond trees so he would know what happened in Valyria. And he and the Starks may play a major role in helping Dany wrest back control of the dragons from Euron. The two Starks other than Jon who may play a crucial role are Arya and Bran. 

http://donewithwoodenteeth.tumblr.com/post/68799522378/dragon-references-in-aryas-narrative

Have we ever seen a warg come in contact with dragons before? Its the first time it is happening. It is magical.

I hope you do agree that with magic even someone like Euron can bind with dragons? 

I would link attach another theory which also I find plausible. This is by FreeNorthmanReborn

It is not Valyrian blood that is important. It is the blood of the family that first bonded the ancestral founding dragon of a particular dragon lineage.Meaning that at some point around 5000 years ago a Valyrian blood sorcerer - while taking a break from his usual repertoire of reading sheep's entrails - met a mysterious stranger from ancient Ashai, who taught him how to create a blood tie between himself and a dragon egg. So this blood sorcerer stole a dragon egg from a nest among the Fourteen Fires, and through the newly learned (and no doubt hideous) blood sacrifice ritual , created a blood tie between his bloodline and that of the dragon egg. When this dragon egg later hatched, the dragon was tied to the bloodline of the now quite impressed, and instantly power-mad sorcerer. This sorcerer was named Targ son of Aryen. Henceforth, he created his own dynasty, and called it House Targaryen. (Nevermind that his father was a skin-clad sheepherder, whose crowning achievement was to teach his son how to read sheep entrails).Anyway, the offspring of this first dragon remained tied to the offspring of the blood sorcerer - the stronger the blood of the blood sorcerer was in any particular offspring, the stronger the bond with the offspring of the dragon. Hence the need for incest as the generations passed, in order to retain as much of the blood of the original sorcerer as possible. Over the ages this blood tie would inevitably weaken as the blood of the original sorcerer grew more diluted, and this was no doubt when the need for whips, magical horns and other training methods crept in. And due to the vagaries of genetics, some kids would have stronger combinations of the original blood than others - hence the difficulty of some Targaryens to master specific dragons compared to others. I guess the same applies to individual dragons, which is why one dragon may join with one Targaryen and not with another. Oh, one thing I left out, Targ son of Aryen was not alone when the mysterious stranger from Ashai taught him this nifty trick. He happened to be at a Sheep's Entrail Reading Convention at the time, along with about 39 other Valyrian Entrail Readers. They all learned the trick, and promptly ran off, each trying to declare himself God King of the World, thus founding the 40 Valyrian dragonlord families. In any case, this meant that any particular Valyrian dragon was only tied to the particular Valyrian dragonlord bloodline its founding egg was bound to through blood ritual. So another Valyrian dragonlord could for example not command a Targaryen dragon, and neither could a Targaryen control any non-Targaryen Valyrian dragon. As for any wild dragons that never belonged to any Valyrian families - such as perhaps the Cannibal - they would be free and would not be controllable by any Valyrian dragonlord, unless some kind of new blood ritual was performed on them from scratch.

The Starks may be able to control it because they may know the magical methods/blood magic to do it through Bloodraven and possibly because of the additional magic they posses due to Warging (Have wargs ever interacted or come in contact with dragons?). This applies to Tyrion too possibly as Tyrion has read many books. 

Even the dragon horn is using blood magic. But it is not using it to bond it with dragon egg as the theory above states, but a live dragon. 

In this kind of situation Knowledge is Power . And that is something the Starks have through Bran and Bloodraven and Tryion has through books.

If Arya gets a dragon, then I hope Dany gets a direwolf. After all, Dany is at least descended from the Blackwoods, while Arya has zero conection to the dragonlords or Valyrians of any kind.

Nah, not gonna happen. Dragons are symbolic of House Targaryen the same way direwolves are symbolic of House Stark. The three dragons will be bound to the three heads of the dragon just like the six direwolf pups had been bound to the six Stark children. There's no reason why Arya Stark, the daughter of Winterfell, should get a large fire-breathing lizard or become a head of the dragon.

No really, I freaking hate these theories which try to take certain characters' heirlooms and familars and give them to other characters that they like better. It's like the idea that Arya will die and Sansa will form a warg bond with Nymeria. Or the idea that Jon will get Drogon. Or the idea that Jon will somehow somewhere find/receive Dark Sister and gift it to Arya. (While I can imagine that Jon may get his hands on Dark Sister some day since he's likely Rhaegar Targaryen's secret son, I can't imagine why would he give this Targaryen heirloom to Arya since he had already given her Needle and she's not a proper warrior anyway, but an assassin. Should he lend that sword to any woman, then it should be one of the Mormont ladies, since he's currently borrowing their Longclaw... or better yet, return Longclaw and keep Dark Sister.)

The same goes for Bran and dragons. The idea why he should warg a dragon is more understandable in his case, but I don't think he will. I could imagine Bloodraven doing it, for a short time, but not Bran. Dragons and fire magic are just not the Starks' area.

If Arya gets a dragon, then I hope Dany gets a direwolf. After all, Dany is at least descended from the Blackwoods, while Arya has zero conection to the dragonlords or Valyrians of any kind.

Nah, not gonna happen. Dragons are symbolic of House Targaryen the same way direwolves are symbolic of House Stark. The three dragons will be bound to the three heads of the dragon just like the six direwolf pups had been bound to the six Stark children. There's no reason why Arya Stark, the daughter of Winterfell, should get a large fire-breathing lizard or become a head of the dragon.

No really, I freaking hate these theories which try to take certain characters' heirlooms and familars and give them to other characters that they like better. It's like the idea that Arya will die and Sansa will form a warg bond with Nymeria. Or the idea that Jon will get Drogon. Or the idea that Jon will somehow somewhere find/receive Dark Sister and gift it to Arya. (While I can imagine that Jon may get his hands on Dark Sister some day since he's likely Rhaegar Targaryen's secret son, I can't imagine why would he give this Targaryen heirloom to Arya since he had already given her Needle and she's not a proper warrior anyway, but an assassin. Should he lend that sword to any woman, then it should be one of the Mormont ladies, since he's currently borrowing their Longclaw... or better yet, return Longclaw and keep Dark Sister.)

The same goes for Bran and dragons. The idea why he should warg a dragon is more understandable in his case, but I don't think he will. I could imagine Bloodraven doing it, for a short time, but not Bran. Dragons and fire magic are just not the Starks' area.

The comparison between direwolf and dragon is not even apt. Dragons are way more powerful than Direwolves. 

What you are basically saying is that if  one country has AK 47 rifle ( direwolf) then other country must have Nuclear bombs(Dragons). I am not interested in stealing anything from anyone's narrative.

But you do realize that the mechanics at play behind the Starks getting Wolves and Targs getting Dragons are totally different. There have been no known Stark Wargs in the past. No known Stark has had a direwolf as a pet. While the Dragons are a family secret of Targaryens, which I am speculating involves sorcery and blood magic and this is based on textual evidence.

What has happened to the Starks has probably never happened to anyone in their line. I suspect Bloodraven had a role in this. I dont know the why and how of it. I think making them wargs was important for them to complete some important task.

And that task could be anything, including riding a dragon. Though there are many uses to it as in in Jon's resurrection. Arya's Stark identity. 

That said I would love it if Dany has some Direwolf connection.

I remember this line : Where Dany hears a wolf howling and  she begins feeling lonely. This is in contrast to what Tyrion feels.Tyrion feels a shiver run down his spine.

Then there is this line that Jon made about Ghost and Val belonging together when Val's blonde hair looked silver in the moonlight.

I am not stealing from anyone 's narrative.

Non Targaryens riding dragons would equal stealing from the narrative if it is truly exclusive to them.

But as we know there is Euron and Moquorro who believe non targaryens can ride dragons. And Euron will get them too (I suspect). Dany will kill him. But there would be a time (albeit a short time when he gains control of them. Thats the way it usually happens with villains). 

So you dont mind Euron riding a dragon for malicious purpose, but mind a Stark riding it for a good purpose?

Is it because you have a favourite character and you dont like it when another character gets more then her/him? But Bran and Arya are nowhere near as famous as Dany anyways. She is the mother of dragons, daughter of death, probably the prince who was promised too. So i dont know what the problem is in case it happens. 

What I have got from reading the books is that while Valyrian blood  line may help  (though in a lesser amount nowadays due to lack of incest), it is magic which is truly required to control dragons. That magic may include  warging or spells or horns or whatever else. Thats the reason Quentyn probably got killed. Because the effect of the blood magic done by his Valyrian ancestor had reduced too much due to lack of incest in his line. If someone does blood magic now, he will certainly be able to control them (like I think Euron would)

Sometimes simple psychology such as feeding sheep can work wonders in taming them. 

After all even the Starks warged only those animals they were friendly with and petted.

Its all speculation anyways.

The comparison between direwolf and dragon is not even apt. Dragons are way more powerful than Direwolves. 

What you are basically saying is that if  one country has AK 47 rifle ( direwolf) then other country must have Nuclear bombs(Dragons). I am not interested in stealing anything from anyone's narrative.

But you do realize that the mechanics at play behind the Starks getting Wolves and Targs getting Dragons are totally different. There have been no known Stark Wargs in the past. No known Stark has had a direwolf as a pet. While the Dragons are a family secret of Targaryens, which I am speculating involves sorcery and blood magic and this is based on textual evidence.

What has happened to the Starks has probably never happened to anyone in their line. I suspect Bloodraven had a role in this. I dont know the why and how of it. I think making them wargs was important for them to complete some important task.

And that task could be anything, including riding a dragon. Though there are many uses to it as in in Jon's resurrection. Arya's Stark identity. 

That said I would love it if Dany has some Direwolf connection.

I remember this line : Where Dany hears a wolf howling and  she begins feeling lonely. This is in contrast to what Tyrion feels.Tyrion feels a shiver run down his spine.

Then there is this line that Jon made about Ghost and Val belonging together when Val's blonde hair looked silver in the moonlight.

I am not stealing from anyone 's narrative.

Non Targaryens riding dragons would equal stealing from the narrative if it is truly exclusive to them.

But as we know there is Euron and Moquorro who believe non targaryens can ride dragons. And Euron will get them too (I suspect). Dany will kill him. But there would be a time (albeit a short time when he gains control of them. Thats the way it usually happens with villains). 

So you dont mind Euron riding a dragon for malicious purpose, but mind a Stark riding it for a good purpose?

Is it because you have a favourite character and you dont like it when another character gets more then her/him? But Bran and Arya are nowhere near as famous as Dany anyways. She is the mother of dragons, daughter of death, probably the prince who was promised too. So i dont know what the problem is in case it happens. 

What I have got from reading the books is that while Valyrian blood  line may help  (though in a lesser amount nowadays due to lack of incest), it is magic which is truly required to control dragons. That magic may include  warging or spells or horns or whatever else. Thats the reason Quentyn probably got killed. Because the effect of the blood magic done by his Valyrian ancestor had reduced too much due to lack of incest in his line. If someone does blood magic now, he will certainly be able to control them (like I think Euron would)

Sometimes simple psychology such as feeding sheep can work wonders in taming them. 

After all even the Starks warged only those animals they were friendly with and petted.

Its all speculation anyways.

If Euron can ride a dragon, that is by the dragon binder horn. 

I can understand this since this is something made or used by old dragon lords. 

So basically it is still through the dragon lord blood. 

But not for Stark children. 

We have no idea whether dragon horn contain Valyrian blood. In fact it would be odd if that is the case, Because blood will decompose and we did not see any remarks of bloodstains on the horn. It is Victarion or Euron's blood that is being used.

So I completely disagree with your statement that it is though Dragon Lord's blood.

The other thing is it has never been revealed by Grrm how the Targaryens controlled dragons. Maybe they too used spells like the Valyrian Lords? 

But the Maester;s from whose POV the Princess and the Queen was written never revealed it.  And Merwyn has said that Maesters were involved in a conspiracy to destroy dragons. Maybe they destroyed the horns and books concerning them too.

It is pure luck and her supreme instinct that Dany learnt about blood magic and craddled the eggs in her bed like the way the inital Targaryen before the dance used to.

We have no idea whether dragon horn contain Valyrian blood. In fact it would be odd if that is the case, Because blood will decompose and we did not see any remarks of bloodstains on the horn. It is Victarion or Euron's blood that is being used.

So I completely disagree with your statement that it is though Dragon Lord's blood.

Oh, I am not talking about there is real blood of a dragon lord on the horn, 

the horn was used by dragon lords to control and bind dragons, so it is a special magic made by dragon lords of valyria. 

I always imagine it is like a bonding agent between a person and a dragon. 

you need to put your blood on that horn, then somebody blows it, then the dragon will track your blood and let you ride. 

Something like this: Euron put his blood there, somebody blows it, then dragon will fly to find him. 

To be brief, this is not a natural blood bonding between the rider and dragon. 

Just a forced bonding through a tool, like you simply glue a piece of metal to another metal. Not by melting and recasting. 

Oh, I am not talking about there is real blood of a dragon lord on the horn, 

the horn was used by dragon lords to control and bind dragons, so it is a special magic made by dragon lords of valyria. 

I always imagine it is like a bonding agent between a person and a dragon. 

you need to put your blood on that horn, then somebody blows it, then the dragon will track your blood and let you ride. 

Something like this: Euron put his blood there, somebody blows it, then dragon will fly to find him. 

To be brief, this is not a natural blood bonding between the rider and dragon. 

Just a forced bonding through a tool, like you simply glue a piece of metal to another metal. Not by melting and recasting. 

If that is the case why did the dragon lords need it to control dragons? They had valyrian blood and a so called natural bond

The dragonlords of old Valyria had controlled their mounts with binding spells and sorcerous horns. Daenerys made do with a word and a whip. Mounted on the dragon’s back, she oft felt as if she were learning to ride all over again. 

So why are they using the horn and spells to control their own mounts? When their own valyrian blood should do? Why do they need the spells to control mounts?

There is something more to controlling dragons which we dont know and it involves magic which has been forgotten/or destroyed by maesters after the last Dance with Dragons. I think Bloodraven or Quathe may remember this.

Archived