[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

I believe Jon Danny Bran and Arya will protect their core and spoil book reader which I dont wind rest is already changed such Jamie hated Cercie in the book in the show not/ Sansa I believe they add that screne which I am not fan of but her political power rise will occuor in the vale *the book* in tv show it will at north back the main story they can change on the future lets who is dany going to marry I gues Bran or Jon but in the tv show there is no she will end with Bran also in the end there can be more death in the book In the book Jon and dany is not safe but in tv believe they have plot protection.

10 hours ago, ForTheNorth said:

Not stoked at all that Rickons is going to die like that. I mean do we need any other reason to hate Ramsay?

Scorched Earth is exactly what just about all of the "bad" houses would do. Tywin would have done it, Cersei, Joff. This show loves to "amp up" the villains. Ramsay will do the worst right before all is lost because it is his nature. No honor, no kindness, only cruelty.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

They may become best bros and recapture theon/reek for their joined pleasure in torture.

Book wise; Euron, Show wise; Ramsay, even though we have not seen Euron yet.

Indeed. Though i think Euron would be hell a lot more creepy since Alfie does said his story is 'darker'...which someone mentioned that Theon may get the iron hinge treatment. 

I hope we get to see Euron vs Randyll battle.

Speaking of the iron hinge, i wonder if the show will touch upon the Aeron molest theory. 

2 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Indeed. Though i think Euron would be hell a lot more creepy since Alfie does said his story is 'darker'...which someone mentioned that Theon may get the iron hinge treatment. 

I hope we get to see Euron vs Randyll battle.

Speaking of the iron hinge, i wonder if the show will touch upon the Aeron molest theory. 

If they used "internal voices" since the beginning of the show, it helps the backstory and advance the story in general. I do not think they will touch on the Aeron Molestation by Euron but Theon may get some as the show runners are always seeming to look for something bold to implement.

15 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

If they used "internal voices" since the beginning of the show, it helps the backstory and advance the story in general. I do not think they will touch on the Aeron Molestation by Euron but Theon may get some 

There are alternatives they can show to hints the theory other than expressing the internal monologue with the iron hinge. Such as the symptoms with sexual abuse victim, if you look all of it, you realize that Damphair perfectly fits in the criteria. I'm not entirely sure on this, but considering Damphair's hair is white in the show (if you look at the Kingsmoot shot), i think the show hint this externally since stress and trauma are one of the biggest factor to white hair (or may be the result of his extreme religious practice).

I know it's ludicrous to think the show would focus on this, but Aeron is Bryan Cogman's favorite character and the theory has been around since Feast was published.

34 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

as the show runners are always seeming to look for something bold to implement.

When it comes to shock factor, yep.

32 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

There are alternatives they can show to hints the theory other than expressing the internal monologue with the iron hinge. Such as the symptoms with sexual abuse victim, if you look all of it, you realize that Damphair perfectly fits in the criteria. I'm not entirely sure on this, but considering Damphair's hair is white in the show (if you look at the Kingsmoot shot), i think the show hint this externally since stress and trauma are one of the biggest factor to white hair (or may be the result of his extreme religious practice).

I know it's ludicrous to think the show would focus on this, but Aeron is Bryan Cogman's favorite character and the theory has been around since Feast was published.

When it comes to shock factor, yep.

Excellent post and good point about Aeron. Also, Theon's hair in the books has turned white so it is a hint at what has put them through this. I will be interested in seeing how Sansa handles what she has been through, as if the first 4 season had not been enough. I am not getting my hopes up in seeing what would seem to be a realistic interpretation. Then again, Ian McShane "It is all tits and dragons".

On March 27, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Newstar said:

Assuming this isn't a foiler (and that is a very big if), my money's on Jon and one of his female relatives. Jon/Dany seems most likely at this point.

Even if this is a foiler, I'm guessing we're going to get some sort of vision of the future with Bran's storyline.

It seems very unlikely at this point.

Dany is still in Westeros and no way in hell she goes to the Wall to take care of the Others before she takes care of the existing regime in KL

itd be anti climatic

If the Nights King is barging into a wedding, wouldn't it  mean the wedding is either North of the Wall, or the Wall has fallen...since there are not a lot of people North of the Wall anymore, unless Bran is marrying Meera. 

if the Wall has fallen, then just about everything would change in the minds of the people of Westeros and new alliances that were not even thinkable before might be possible to band together against the White Walkers. There might be a surprise wedding that way without it being Jon or Dany.

Or could the Night's King and White Walkers just sail from Hardhome like the Nights Watch did?

Back to the trailers, where Bran gets grabbed by the Night's King, I am assuming in a vision since Bran is standing.  If the Night's King can influence Bran's vision, do you think he could or has influenced other people visions/dreams? Like Bran's previous visions, Melisandres or Danys or Jojens?  Maybe he has been more involved then we realized....

Then I keep thinking about the trailer scenes with Davos grabbing Longclaw apologizing for what they were going to see because he is not a fighter, then the scene where Melisandre say the visions were all lies,, a scene that it looks like Melisandre is not to happy about doing, and then the scene where we see someone that looks kinda like Jon Snow in the middle of a battle.  

In the scene where Davos pulls out Longclaw, everyone seems to think they are gearing up to fight the people who are tearing down the door. But are those two clips really connected? While Davos is talking you don't hear shouts,loud banging or any of the mayhem that the tearing down the door scene shows,  The men with Davos don't look like men who are trapped in a room that is being attacked. They are just standing around listening calmly to Davos, They only start drawing their swords after Davos does. I don't think men that have been trained to fight would wait to draw their swords while a calm Davos talks and they under attacked....

I have a wild idea that Melisandre puts a glamour on Davos to look like Jon so the wildlings will follow him into battle and not kill everyone in Castle Black... it would fit in with Kit insisting that he (meaning Jon Snow) is still dead......do you think it's possible?  Is that why Davos would take possession of Longclaw? because he would need it to look  like Jon Snow.....

2 hours ago, Dizzy Walker said:

If the Nights King is barging into a wedding, wouldn't it  mean the wedding is either North of the Wall, or the Wall has fallen...since there are not a lot of people North of the Wall anymore, unless Bran is marrying Meera. 

if the Wall has fallen, then just about everything would change in the minds of the people of Westeros and new alliances that were not even thinkable before might be possible to band together against the White Walkers. There might be a surprise wedding that way without it being Jon or Dany.

Or could the Night's King and White Walkers just sail from Hardhome like the Nights Watch did?

Back to the trailers, where Bran gets grabbed by the Night's King, I am assuming in a vision since Bran is standing.  If the Night's King can influence Bran's vision, do you think he could or has influenced other people visions/dreams? Like Bran's previous visions, Melisandres or Danys or Jojens?  Maybe he has been more involved then we realized....

Then I keep thinking about the trailer scenes with Davos grabbing Longclaw apologizing for what they were going to see because he is not a fighter, then the scene where Melisandre say the visions were all lies,, a scene that it looks like Melisandre is not to happy about doing, and then the scene where we see someone that looks kinda like Jon Snow in the middle of a battle.  

In the scene where Davos pulls out Longclaw, everyone seems to think they are gearing up to fight the people who are tearing down the door. But are those two clips really connected? While Davos is talking you don't hear shouts,loud banging or any of the mayhem that the tearing down the door scene shows,  The men with Davos don't look like men who are trapped in a room that is being attacked. They are just standing around listening calmly to Davos, They only start drawing their swords after Davos does. I don't think men that have been trained to fight would wait to draw their swords while a calm Davos talks and they under attacked....

I have a wild idea that Melisandre puts a glamour on Davos to look like Jon so the wildlings will follow him into battle and not kill everyone in Castle Black... it would fit in with Kit insisting that he (meaning Jon Snow) is still dead......do you think it's possible?  Is that why Davos would take possession of Longclaw? because he would need it to look  like Jon Snow.....

Nah. They're not going to include glamors on the show. 

For RLJ and TOJ to not be pointless he has to come back and in his own flesh. Don't put any stock in what an actor says during promo campaigns. Misdirection and deception are expected in order to protect the project from being spoiled.

Now we know Melisandre lives until the second half of season 6 (past episode 5), so we can rule out her sacrifice. If she's leaving CB with Jon (and some others), instead of being sent somewhere by him first, we now know Jon's leaving Castle Black in episode 5*. If it's Sansa who's in front of Mel on that photo (based on that piece of cloth closely resembling Sansa's dress), we can assume she gets to CB by episode 5.

Sam and Gilly are still on the ship until episode 3 at least.

The Yara and Balon stills are from episode 2. Kingsmoot looks to be happening in either episode 3, 4 or 5.

The Davos and some smoke photo is from ep 4.

*Or he heads out first earlier, and she goes somewhere else. According to WoTW she's not part of the Bastardbowl.

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

After all the filming spoilers and two trailers, Let me try & construct an outline for season 6.

I think we will have 3 major arcs - KL, Essos & Winterfell. Let me see how many of my predictions are correct.

* Here is my version of Season 6 *

Winterfell:  <snip>

This sounds pretty spot on to me. A couple of things though:

I doubt the army of the Vale will go North with Sansa. It's a pretty hefty march and they'd basically have to go right past Winterfell to get to Castle Black, then turn around and head south again to join the battle. They're probably going to keep the army itself hidden away, if I had to guess. Sansa will meet Littlefinger around episode 4/5 (and she won't tell him what happened with Ramsay, imo) and they'll agree to continue their 'partnership', then he'll disappear again and return at the end of 8/9 with the full army (or whenever the battle happens).

There's supposed to be a scene in Winterfell with LF/Sansa/Jon/Ramsay at some point, before Wun Wun turns up and starts smashing down the gate. My guess is Ramsay survives the battle and retreats to Winterfell, agreeing to meet them and make a deal- which for whatever reason Wun Wun ruins by causing trouble and allows Ramsay to escape. Though not for long because

apparently Ramsay's actor was spotted with what look like bite marks on his neck, which might mean that Wolf chases him down and kills him. Not 100% on that though.

I really don't agree that Sansa should be getting so much screen time. It just doesn't make sense with the way her character has been portrayed on the show ( and especially in the books) to suddenly be this empowered woman leader. And her reuniting with Jon first before Arya is not right; those two have never even had a scene together (on the show) ... It's going to be so awkward. 

I really want Arya to be heavily featured this season but I'm afraid she won't be and that makes me sad because she used used to be in 9/10 episodes and have lots of screen time (it started with season 4...). Though I guess if you go on YT there is a video that has all of Arya's scenes from season 5 and it equals to 48 min instead of 37 min... Eh. I hope she features heavily in the last two seasons at least. 

2 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I really don't agree that Sansa should be getting so much screen time. It just doesn't make sense with the way her character has been portrayed on the show ( and especially in the books) to suddenly be this empowered woman leader. And her reuniting with Jon first before Arya is not right; those two have never even had a scene together (on the show) ... It's going to be so awkward. 

I really want Arya to be heavily featured this season but I'm afraid she won't be and that makes me sad because she used used to be in 9/10 episodes and have lots of screen time (it started with season 4...). Though I guess if you go on YT there is a video that has all of Arya's scenes from season 5 and it equals to 48 min instead of 37 min... Eh. I hope she features heavily in the last two seasons at least. 

Well I think a part of Arya plotline (in the book) will be given to Sansa and in that case the relationship she might have with him Jon will be influenced by that.

5 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

In the books, I think there's a good chance that Arya gets on the boat with Justin Massey and Farya and goes back to the Wall with Stannis' sellsword army.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

In the books, I think there's a good chance that Arya gets on the boat with Justin Massey and Farya and goes back to the Wall with Stannis' sellsword army.

Now that would be interesting, ironic, and now I want that to happen!

30 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Same

I really don't like the idea of Sansa returning back to Littlefinger and then leading the Vale army along side. It wouldn't make sense for Sansa to do so since she's now a Bolton and all of Vale army knows that Littlefinger pledge fealty to the Bolton which would means that they have to return Sansa back to Winterfell. After all, Sweetrobin and Royce will come to the battle. Beside, it's not like Sansa has all the power to lead Vale in the show. Littlefinger will do all that, so doesn't make a difference.

I would be hoping that instead, Sansa will be the one to rally and gather the northern houses to fight against the Boltons. She's, so far as everyone know (except for some like the Umbers), the last remaining Stark to be alive and is the heir of the North. Since Sansa is the potential heir and Wardess of the North, she has the power to convince the northern houses and and is reminded of "the North Remembers".

8 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Actually i can also see this happen in the book as well. Sansa is in Vale and her goal is to bring Vale army to the North to fight against the Boltons and i can see Sansa meeting up with Jon in the next book, more quicker than Arya since Arya is at Braavos and it would take a long time to return back to Westeros.

I'm really looking forward to how Jon and Sansa meet up since like you mentioned, they never have a scene together and this could be a good opportunity for Jon to bond with Sansa.

I'm not looking forward to empowered Sansa, if that is where the show is heading. I find her character to be boring and shallow in both the books and show. (I'll never forgive her for betraying her father to Cersei in A Game of Thrones, heh.)

She only interests me as a vehicle to reveal more about Littlefinger's character. Doesn't mean I want to see her abused and victimized any more. Just don't want to see much of her at all. 

Agreed on Sansa, in both mediums. I don't understand the appeal and popularity of her. She only has a great name and beauty going for her, other than that, she's stupid, can't fend for herself, can't fight, she's not snarky, she's not funny, she's boring. She's Bella Swan of Westeros.

I don't care what happens to her. She can be stuck at the Eyrie, she can go to Winterfell and be handed over to Ramsay. Whatever. The latter arc was eventful at least.

Archived