Azor Ahai a Dayne?

Falcon2908

Were the HighTowers and Daynes allied during the battle at Battle Isle?

I wouldn't have the first clue, honestly. It does say the Hightowers might have killed off the dragons that roosted at Battle Isle - perhaps that's a clue. 

If the Daynes are descended from Azor Ahai then due to the timespans involved, literally of westeros and beyond the wall should be descended from Azor Ahai.

Why would you say that? The Daynes live in a fairly isolated part of Westeros, and the Northmen don't often marry southrons. Also, because fantasy and because magic. 

I wouldn't have the first clue, honestly. It does say the Hightowers might have killed off the dragons that roosted at Battle Isle - perhaps that's a clue. 

This reminds me of the Maester's conspiracy where they don't believe magic has a place in the world, so they started secretly killing off the dragons during the Targaryen reign. 

Who could fund and support their backs for this?  The Hightowers!

This reminds me of the Maester's conspiracy where they don't believe magic has a place in the world, so they started secretly killing off the dragons during the Targaryen reign. 

Who could fund and support their backs for this?  The Hightowers!

So maybe they're like the anti-dragon dragon people? The good guys who didn't approve of Azor Ahai's naughtiness?

I suspect the Hightowers are involved in Starry Wisdom. They even threw the name on their sept.

Initially I had written the Church of Starry Wisdom off as an obvious front for the Deep Ones because of the Lovecraftian name and the association with ports, but Arya's description of the activity at their temple in Braavos ( taking celestial measurements iirc) have made me question this. What if the Church is affiliated with Citadel (or vice versa)? The location at ports could signify an attempt to use the heavens for reliable oceanic navigation (which they obviously lack, their maps seem to be all crude and only the mad sail out of sight of land) as easily as watching the skies for signs that the time is ripe for blah blah blah...

Just spitballing...

I suspect the Hightowers are involved in Starry Wisdom. They even threw the name on their sept.

Initially I had written the Church of Starry Wisdom off as an obvious front for the Deep Ones because of the Lovecraftian name and the association with ports, but Arya's description of the activity at their temple in Braavos ( taking celestial measurements iirc) have made me question this. What if the Church is affiliated with Citadel (or vice versa)? The location at ports could signify an attempt to use the heavens for reliable oceanic navigation (which they obviously lack, their maps seem to be all crude and only the mad sail out of sight of land) as easily as watching the skies for signs that the time is ripe for blah blah blah...

Just spitballing...

Yup, it's not just the name. It's the spacey black marble interior.

Just spitballing...

Oh I think there's probably a connection here, certainly. The Starry Sept is even made out of black marble. The inside is lit with many candles to recreate the Starry Sky, like Durran was just saying. Also consider the Citadel, a repository of "advanced" knowledge, comparably speaking. They, like the Faith, are obsessed with the sky. The seneschal  is chosen by drawing "the black stone." They have glass candles (?) and books about dragons. 

Definitely something going on here.  

Oh I think there's probably a connection here, certainly. The Starry Sept is even made out of black marble. The inside is lit with many candles to recreate the Starry Sky, like Durran was just saying. Also consider the Citadel, a repository of "advanced" knowledge, comparably speaking. They, like the Faith, are obsessed with the sky. The seneschal  is chosen by drawing "the black stone." They have glass candles (?) and books about dragons. 

Definitely something going on here.  

I like this line of thinking.  Perhaps the perfumed seneschal is a maester, thee maester of the Citadel?  Doesn't that just beat all too... the maesters who are funded by the taxes of Oldtown and the Lords of Westeros, who Lady Dustin is rightly suspicious of because of their position to be the go between or act as the handlers of all information incoming and outgoing... who never seem to have a surname... who claim to only serve the lord/lady of the location they've been assigned... who always seem so powerless and with a lack of ambition... and who are also conveniently the unreliable narrators of much of the story.  That's devious George... 

But wasn't Dawn smithed from a comet? This fallen comet was not the common black stone, but a white stone. I also believe Starfall is built from Pale Stone/White Stone.  Hence one of the towers is named 'Pale Stone Sword'. (White Stone sword). So Dawn looks totally different/opposite of the black sword of  Azor Ahai.

And speaking of the black sword, what ever happened to it?

Also, isn't it strange that someone sees a fallen white-stone meteor and their first reaction is" Oh a white stone! Let's make a sword from it's heart!".

A little late to the party, but in response to this and LmL's long post on 12/19, whether or not Dawn is Lightbringer there is a Dayne who can wield her: Darkstar. That would parallel a dark history for Azor Ahai.

Sorry, Tapatalk doesn't let you quote long pieces of text. IMO Darkstar will get Dawn and lead the Dornish (Sons of Muspell) or join with Aegon.

Or maybe they are taking out the dragons while awaiting the return of the Others.You wrote much this up at one point didn't you?

Well, if they want to eradicate ALL magic, then they have to get rid of the Others and the Children as well.

A little late to the party, but in response to this and LmL's long post on 12/19, whether or not Dawn is Lightbringer there is a Dayne who can wield her: Darkstar. That would parallel a dark history for Azor Ahai.

Sorry, Tapatalk doesn't let you quote long pieces of text. IMO Darkstar will get Dawn and lead the Dornish (Sons of Muspell) or join with Aegon.

I agree - I think Darkstar is likely to steal it and join either fAegon's or Daenerys's KG as a sad imitation of Arthur Dayne. But of course he's not be long for this earth in such a scenario - the narrative purpose would be to get Dawn out of Starfall and into the hands of someone more important... 

But yeah, I think Darkstar will have Dawn for a time, if only to get it into the action. Before the 5 year gap got nixed, the plan was probably to have noble Edric Dayne take the sword out of Starfall in legit fashion; but now he's too young and so George created Darkstar to accomplish the same purpose - getting Dawn into the fray - but via a different method - stealing instead of becoming the official SOTM. 

Archived