Making A Murderer: Netflix Documentary Series (SPOILERS)

DaveSumm

7 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The thing that gives me pause about the whole thing is the 15 (at the time) year old cousin(?), who came forward to ...someone... to basically snitch on Brandon and say that he had incriminated himself to her. What was that about? As far as I could tell when she was on the witness stand she recanted her prior statements about what Brandon confessed to her, but I could not fathom her motivation for making up such an awful lie about her cousin in the first place. So that makes me wonder if Brandon did really confess to her.

Kid wants to be in the spotlight, to feel important.  Sees a big media circus circling around, hears some things, thinks she'll get involved.  Chances are she thought he did it and just went along with it to feel important or for a sense of fame.  It's not all that mysterious, tbh.

What they did to the kid was terrible and I'm glad he's getting out but I'm still not sure about Steven Avery. The county really made a hash out of the investigation but I'm not convinced he didn't kill the woman. 

If they wanted him out of the way they could have killed him. They were so incompetent I can't see them executing and elaborate plot to frame him. They couldn't even manage the rape investigation. 

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

More to the point, was it not the same two cops who did Brandon's 'confession' who interviewed her? Except there's no video footage of that. 

If I recall correctly, she also mentioned having seen everything about the case on the news before she came forward.  

8 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

What they did to the kid was terrible and I'm glad he's getting out but I'm still not sure about Steven Avery. The county really made a hash out of the investigation but I'm not convinced he didn't kill the woman. 

If they wanted him out of the way they could have killed him. They were so incompetent I can't see them executing and elaborate plot to frame him. They couldn't even manage the rape investigation. 

They managed to get a conviction, so it can't have been that much of a hash. And if Avery is innocent then they did an effective frame up.

Do we know when the EDTA test will be completed on the blood samples from Teresa's car? What was the sensitivity of the test the FBI came up with during the trial, that came up negative for EDTA? Has that ever been published? I'm miffed that the show didn't mention the sensitivity of the test, since the blood in the car is a major piece of evidence.

• 1 month later...

I still want to find out if Avery's blood from the victim's car has been definitively proven to have or not have EDTA present. To me that is the key piece of forensic evidence which either proves Avery did something (probably murdered her) or that the cops planted evidence and even if Avery did commit murder they have irretrievably tainted the case and he probably couldn't be tried and convicted on the remaining evidence, esp since Dassey's confession is also tainted.

But will we ever get that EDTA information?

Archived