Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

12 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

He also thought to himself, that I recall, while treating with the Blackfish: "It was on his tongue to talk of Brienne..."

Then WHY O WHY did they include that one scene in S5 when he asks if an island is Estermont, and the captain tells him it's Tarth, the Sapphire Isle, and NCW gets that look ... I could watch THAT on a loop! 

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Then WHY O WHY did they include that one scene in S5 when he asks if an island is Estermont, and the captain tells him it's Tarth, the Sapphire Isle, and NCW gets that look ... I could watch THAT on a loop! 

THE TARTH GAZE!!! :wub:

See how easy it is to make us happy. Stupid show could make us happy so easily. They live for our tears.

Let's loop it, here and now:

tumblr_nntzev5KIZ1qjrftro2_250.gif

http://brienneoftarth.tumblr.com/post/119119269163/tarth-ser-jaime-the-sapphire-isle

And here's another, Sandor:

tumblr_n7ityvfbyw1qiso88o1_r4_250.gif

http://romancingthecage.tumblr.com/post/89453434156

Now all they need to do is do one of those for Brienne and Sansa. And voila, they've got a story (or at least a start!) All the "beauty" and "beast" references in the world mean jack if you don't actually tell a story.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:11 PM, Le Cygne said:

Oh, no, why. NCW is so funny. Jaime is funny. But he'll be the straight man to Bronn. It's going to be the Bronn Show.

I know, he's utterly and unequivocally doomed...

Just out of curiosity, who's the better woman Jaime promised Bronn. It did occur to me the other day, Brienne is an only child, too. (No big sister to worry about taking out either, we want nothing to weigh too heavy on Bronn's conscience, such an innocuous sellsword...) In all fairness, though, he witnessed the Jaime/Brienne goodbye scene, he was right there beside Jaime. Suddenly I'm dreading having to plow through the complete mess the upcoming season will inevitably be. (Maybe Brienne will ditch Jaime for Bronn, even their names match, like Sansa/Sandor. So the sole purpose of insinuating Tyene into the story was to acquaint Bronn with strong, badass women. Mind the alliteration...)  

ETA: Not that Tyene consorts well with that notion, but... eh... she might be able to handle her spear convincingly in an agressive stance, if hard-pressed to, I suppose. (Also, I despise the word badass myself, but they turned Gwendoline Christie into a dissident, I guess it was only a matter of time before I was brought to heel, too.)

In order that they should engage explicitly, as they have demonstrated before, in so short a space of time, no less, with alternative methods of storytelling, Bronn will serve as a sufficient Hyle Hunt stand-in, I'm well aware.

So Brienne might take to mouthing off at Pod, that she once had dreams of marrying a proper lord, and suchlike, then proceed to yell at him again.

And Sansa might take to calling Littlefinger of "Chaos is a Laddah" my little mockingbird (she is taller than him), and it will be perfectly in line with her recently-acquired status as a highly-accomplished seductress. (They even had Cersei call Sansa out as a tender-hearted dove, in fact, more times than they had Sandor, so what else is new under the sun...) 

All right, sarcasm may indeed have its limits, so my thanks go out to @Le Cygne for the Sandor and Jaime pics, I like!  

28 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

Just out of curiosity, who's the better woman Jaime promised Bronn. It did occur to me the other day, Brienne is an only child, too. (No big sister to worry about taking out either, we want nothing to weigh too heavy on Bronn's conscience, such an innocuous sellsword...) In all fairness, though, he witnessed the Jaime/Brienne goodbye scene, he was right there beside Jaime. Suddenly I'm dreading having to plow through the complete mess the upcoming season will inevitably be. (Maybe Brienne will ditch Jaime for Bronn, even their names match, like Sansa/Sandor. So the sole purpose of insinuating Tyenne into the story was to acquaint Bronn with strong, badass women. Mind the alliteration...)  

OMG, Nooooooooooo! This is the worst idea ever. Bronn and Brienne. Come on, what for ship name would that have: BroBri or BriBro; that sounds really bad so it cannot happen!! 

(start to hyperventilate by the idea) 

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

OMG, Nooooooooooo! This is the worst idea ever. Bronn and Brienne. Come on, what for ship name would that have: BroBri or BriBro; that sounds really bad so it cannot happen!! 

(start to hyperventilate by the idea) 

I know, I hadn't thought of it before, I thought I was prepared for the worst. Complete indifference. Sexual violence. Interchangeable Female Unit. The usual thing for the show. But BriBro! Run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Filming spoiler on reddit, he took it down, but apparently Larry is straight Team Carol (holding a Lannister banner), fighting alongside the Freys (episode 9). So much for character development...

Every time I see a spoiler on this page if just make me more and more depressed :( I guess they can't fathom why anyone wouldn't love Carol forever. (And actually I kind of don't blame Larry for not being head over heels for Brienne!Smash. I don't care for her much myself.) 

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

I want to see Jaime burning Cersei's letter. I want him to be free from her manipulation, her games, ...

What manipulation and games? Tiger Mom Carol just has the perfectly reasonable expectation that her babydaddy/brother won't let their children get killed. 

I want to see Jaime Lannister, not Larry the Lunkhead who can't choose who he loves. 

14 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

All right, sarcasm may indeed have its limits, so my thanks go out to @Le Cygne for the Sandor and Jaime pics, I like!  

Sarcasm is good! It prepares us for the show. :lol:

So back to our nightmare, would Larry be the one to set them up, I wonder. No way would Jaime ever set up Brienne and Ser Hyle. He'd smack him like he smacked Red Ronnet. That would have been amazing to see Brienne's reaction to that.

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So back to our nightmare, would Larry be the one to set them up, I wonder. No way would Jaime ever set up Brienne and Ser Hyle. He'd smack him like he smacked Red Ronnet. That would have been amazing to see Brienne's reaction to that.

Hulk Brienne probably smashed Red Ronnet to a pulp already ;) 

These guys have the reverse Midas touch with GRRM's story don't they? They're remarkably good at turning story-gold into shit.

eta: Yes, Bronn will wonder about his attraction to Brienne because she's not his usual type and then Larry will reuse his "you don't get to choose who you love" line for the umpteenth time. (YOU DO GET TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU DO ABOUT THAT LOVE. That's why Jaime says "I'm not ashamed of loving you, only of the things I've done to hide it." SO OF COURSE THEY GIVE THOSE LINES TO CERSEI! OF COURSE!!!)

Etoile du Soir do I spy la Reine Margot and Henri of Navarre in your avatar? I love that movie and always imagined the Red Wedding as resembling the way Patrice Chereau filmed the Bartholomew's Eve massacre.

7 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Every time I see a spoiler on this page if just make me more and more depressed :( I guess they can't fathom why anyone wouldn't love Carol forever. (And actually I kind of don't blame Larry for not being head over heels for Brienne!Smash. I don't care for her much myself.) 

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

O no, I am almost going to starting to ship Carol and Larry. You are right why would you be against them? Except ... Carol probably doesn't deserve to be with such a Lunkhead.

On 11/2/2016 at 10:14 PM, LadySoftheart said:

Hulk Brienne probably smashed Red Ronnet to a pulp already ;) 

These guys have the reverse Midas touch with GRRM's story don't they? They're remarkably good at turning story-gold into shit.

eta: Yes, Bronn will wonder about his attraction to Brienne because she's not his usual type and then Larry will reuse his "you don't get to choose who you love" line for the umpteenth time. (YOU DO GET TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU DO ABOUT THAT LOVE. That's why Jaime says "I'm not ashamed of loving you, only of the things I've done to hide it." SO OF COURSE THEY GIVE THOSE LINES TO CERSEI! OF COURSE!!!)

Etoile du Soir do I spy la Reine Margot and Henri of Navarre in your avatar? I love that movie and always imagined the Red Wedding as resembling the way Patrice Chereau filmed the Bartholomew's Eve massacre.

Perfect! :lol: Maybe that is why we do not have Ser Ronnet on the show, either. It probably goes without saying, Brienne!Smash took good care of him, never to be spied with the naked eye, or to intrude on our cherished musings again...

And the we don't get to choose who we love line is full of stooopide, and more... Jaime's relationship with Cersei may thus carry the weight of lifelong acquaintance, but it is a connection substantially foiled by the realization that the twins are seeing only in glimpses, or through distorted lenses. Notwithstanding that Jaime now shares a very important bond with Brienne, which issues a momentous challenge to readers and characters alike, for assessments of character are so clearly determined by the interior lives of the protagonists. Their interactions begin to also raise questions about how to know truly another human being, and, Jaime's bath confession, most of all, is characteristic of the irreverent narration of ASoIaF, as it challenges conventional assumptions and unexamined opinions. Neither of the two, initially, appear to crave the other's company, but they are both transformed by it, and so too is the reader in the text. And yet, the show... Le sigh.

Yes, too, here, unabashed admirer of La Reine Margot! Hence the French (Evenstar) username! Now I have to come up with a workable signature, I of all things French... :lol: 

On 11/2/2016 at 10:11 PM, Le Cygne said:

This is the part I am indeed looking forward to the most in Winds, Jaime doling out the golden backhand to Hyle's detriment. (If we ever lay claim to a copy, it must be a miracle to behold...)  

Sansa/Sandor: http://nobodysuspectsthebutterfly.tumblr.com/post/63745927413/conversasdealcova-inspired-by-into-the-wood (I love this drawing!)

tumblr_muh94nIHhK1qgv531o1_500.jpg

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Timing wouldn't work... Or anything else...

This is the show where Gilly's baby remains a swaddled infant year after year while Tommen aged ten years in six months, though. You don't think this show will let a little thing like "timing" stop them when creatively it makes sense to do something do you? What are you, some kind of book-reader or something?

2 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

This is the show where Gilly's baby remains a swaddled infant year after year while Tommen aged ten years in six months, though. You don't think this show will let a little thing like "timing" stop them when creatively it makes sense to do something do you? What are you, some kind of book-reader or something?

Why I hate a Little Ramsay, it would be hilarious that Sansa would have a baby of the same size as Gilly's. 

49 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

O no, I am almost going to starting to ship Carol and Larry. You are right why would you be against them? Except ... Carol probably doesn't deserve to be with such a Lunkhead.

Larry knows he doesn't deserve Carol which is why he is trying so hard to win back her love - which just leads to him getting her kids killed. Poor Carol! She has only herself to rely upon (oh, and kindly grandpa Qyburn to whom she has never handed over any humans for any kind of Frankenstein experiments!!) 

Archived