Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

10 minutes ago, Lady Sansa Stark said:

So.. the photos of Sansa. I didn't notice it at first, but my friend immediately asked me whether she was pregnant, by the look of the photos. There's kind of a bump. And now I can't get the thought out of my head that D&D would stoop to that new low. 

I still think it's just the layers of clothing though. But with D&D you'll never know.

People said the same in the S5 Finale. Don't think so. Really hope not.....

Oh, no. That would be Rosemary's Baby come again.

Will Sansa prop up Ramsay's unborn child, too, which will, in all likelihood, grow up to emulate his papa's overall badassery. (Ramsay is a warrior to be feared, who did you think that was, Jaime? Larry couldn't even stand his ground against Ned Stark, back in season one.)

50 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

He's actually pouring the cup back into the decanter.  Missandei was, per last season, left with him and Grey Worm to help run things, so I believe she's past pouring drinks.

You are right ... Is Tyrion going to stay sobor? How exiting, Saint Tyrion will be free from any vices next season. We are so happy for him. :rolleyes: So she is promoted. Promotion Party! Okay, we must just be happy for her than (and that was without any sarcasm)

Okay I just saw I forgot some pictures (there are two with Blind Beth Lanny, Lanne (that will sound Flemish ^_^) or Ty-something or whatever they will call her and both times the pictures is followed by Dany. So very honest mistake of mine)

• Oh, the bromance ever Varys and Tyrion. Okay, now a honest question, is Varys really a good person? While he might not be evil, I do not consider him as someone "who really is fighting for the innocents". He wants war, he was sort of complicit in marrying Dany to a horse lord, all those little birds, ... Do they want us to think Varys is a good person? I am honestly a little confused. 
  • Poor Tyrion. He looks rather sad. He is probably overwhelmed by the suffering of the smallfolk. Our good Saint Tyrion. Who knows? Dany helps some people with the bloody flux in the books, right? Our Saint Tyrion would probably do this to. He would always be remembered as the GoT version of Father Damian, the patron saint for people with leprosy and AIDS, :wacko: ... and for someone who lives in Flanders, where Father Damian is one of our national heroes (chosen as the greatest Belgian), is this a terrible idea. 
  • Marg and evil septa with a book?
  • Oh Mel is red; they are finally doing something good (but maybe only for a few seconds?

cersei-lannister-in-game-of-thrones-s6

Just saw yet another picture from S6 of Cersei looking noble and sad, rather than vindictive and ready to burn KL and all its works ... And still of course Larry is with her (she's got 99 problems and he is 98 of them!) instead of long gone and refusing to return to her as in the books. They have really bought into Cersei's self-propaganda - maybe they missed the unreliable part of unreliable narrator? (Of course it's possible that Cersei is crumbling on the inside but given their track record with this character I do think we're getting another ten episodes of the tragedy of Carol Lannister, oppressed by the patriarchy and only caring about her kids.)

I just need WoW now; if I had the "real" characters having their "real" stories, I would better be able to ignore this coming shitstorm!

Just now, LadySoftheart said:

Just saw yet another picture from S6 of Cersei looking noble and sad, rather than vindictive and ready to burn KL and all its works ... And still of course Larry is with her (she's got 99 problems and he is 98 of them!) instead of long gone and refusing to return to her as in the books. They have really bought into Cersei's self-propaganda - maybe they missed the unreliable part of unreliable narrator? (Of course it's possible that Cersei is crumbling on the inside but given their track record with this character I do think we're getting another ten episodes of the tragedy of Carol Lannister, oppressed by the patriarchy and only caring about her kids.)http://him-e.tumblr.com/post/139137995356/gameofthronesdaily-cersei-lannister-in-game-of

i just need WoW now; if I had the "real" characters having their "real" stories, I would better be able to ignore this coming shitstorm!

OMG I am starting to admire Carol more and more. How she is able to deal with all her misfortune (I mean this serious)? She is sad, she is not broken by the walk. She is still standing and strong and completely ready to counter the next storm. She is truly an inspiration. 

I think it is kind of weird how more misfortune she has how more saner she is. If you compare her in season 1 and 2 with her now; she did change. She actually became saner? less vindictive? A real inspiration for everyone.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:44 AM, LadySoftheart said:

i just need WoW now; if I had the "real" characters having their "real" stories, I would better be able to ignore this coming shitstorm!

Do you think Jaime and Cersei, in the books, might be due for another queasy tête-à-tête, after he has officially given up on her by refusing to help her out with the Faith conundrum, I tend to think not...

Here's GRRM's post season four, sept scene induced faux pas Daily Beast interview: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/george-r-r-martin-on-game-of-thrones-that-controversial-rape-scene-and-his-writing-progress.html

Where do you see Jaime and Cersei headed?

Well, as for the books, I have two more to write. I’m certainly going to be dealing with Jaime. Jaime and Cersei’s relationship is in a very different place in the books than the show has reached now. They are effectively estranged now. Jaime is very angry with Cersei over the stuff that Tyrion told him—that she’s been sleeping with Lancel and the Kettleblacks and Moon Boy. And the Kettleblacks and Moon Boy don’t even exist in the series.

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

I agree.  I should have said that, too.  I still have a very hard time trying to determine if the D's "get" the books but don't want to actually bring that to the screen because they think the audience is too stupid for it...or if they just really don't "get" the books in the first place?  Ah, well, I guess in the end it really doesn't matter to the quality of the end "product".:( 

I think this is a perfect way of looking at the show.

I thought they'd open the Greyjoy part with Balon's funeral and the start of the Kingsmoot or something, but nope, Balon is still alive and kicking. What's he been doing this whole time, we sure as hell won't be getting any answers to that. Probably sitting in that chair next to that glorious kraken fireplace, masturbating over how he won the War of the Five Kings without doing anything. I wonder how Balon's gonna kick the bucket. If they do try to adapt his book death on-screen it's gonna look sooo awkward, just him walking along when suddenly...whooops! Tripped and fell off a bridge, clumsy him! Don't forget the 'wah wah wah waaaaah' cartoon sound effect after he lands face first on the ground like they did with Myranda.

That's a little boring though, maybe Euron will make his second appearance (his first will be raping young girls in a village he plunders with his crew) by sneaking up on Balon while he stares into the fireplace (maybe he's started to worship the Red God, because why not?) and stabs him through the throat, then he whispers "bad pussy" in his ears. 

5 minutes ago, Chebyshov said:

Oh lawdy hell! I love it. Especially the "I'm where I was in..." bits. And whoah, the Jaime-Tommen joke is creepy but right on track with D&D scripting.

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

I agree.  I should have said that, too.  I still have a very hard time trying to determine if the D's "get" the books but don't want to actually bring that to the screen because they think the audience is too stupid for it...or if they just really don't "get" the books in the first place?  Ah, well, I guess in the end it really doesn't matter to the quality of the end "product".:( 

Some on here may have seen this interview with D&D and Kit and John B. If you fast forward to the 13:55 mark, you will see very clearly that, no, neither D get the books. And this video is not quite a year old so they had just finished filming for S5.

I know, you are surprised as hell:thumbsup:

Archived