ASOIAF Guessing Game version I AfU: Favorite historical female character. Number 1:Nymeria of the Rhoyne warrior queen, Princess of the Rhoynar. Princess of Dorne.

Jon's Queen Consort

Number 20; Blue Winter Rose Stark

With 18 points she is number 20 in our list to remind us that life can be a song. She was the Blue Winter Rose a name given to Brandon the Daughterless’ daughter instead for her real name that was lost in the centuries that have past when the people hear the song about Bael the Bard and the story of his life. What we know for sure is that she loved him and died when she saw her son to become a kinslayer and killing his own father.  

Julia H.     5
Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer     2
Annara Snow     0
Baltan     0

Oh good that I was not late. I figured that all guesses posted before the answer were taken in consideration, regardless of the exact time, but I just wanted to be sure I was in.

Well, I don't know if the other posters are ok with it but I find it more interesting if clues are discussed. If not agreed tell me, I'm putting it in spoiler tags just in case.

Spoiler

For this round, again Jenny Oldtones is a "song" that comes to my mind, although hers seems to be more in the tragic department. The other one is the Maid in the bear song, but Idk if that one falls into historical character at all (and I wouldn't call it sad).

I was thinking Jenny too. And the "Maiden fair" would not be considered sad by any of my metrics, nor historical based on my understanding of Westeros. Though I did not want to commit and sound like I would answer Jenny for every clue until it was the answer.

I am probably over-analyzing my guessing tendencies. and now I am over-analyzing my over-analysis.

We can over-analyze together. In the first one I was pretty sure it was Jenny, being hers the only "song" I remember for sure. To be fair I have forgotten most of these characters, save for the most story relevant.

This one is sad, but beautiful. A quick wiki search brings Alysanne as a song, but it says nothing about the woman herself (or who she was). I want to rule out Brave Danny Flint as she was raped and killed in the end, and it was by no means what I'd call a beautiful story, buuuuut the wiki says it's a pretty and sad song... And as I have no idea how our honourable host, the great JQC, picks her clues, I'll wait some more before I make up my mind about this round.

Hm...

I will guess Naerys Targaryen. The songs about the love between her and the Dragonknight must be beautiful and sad at the same time. It's a story of true but tragic love.

I'm in two minds about guessing Jenny of Oldstones. There is a song called Jenny's song, which is probably about her, and it is said to be a sad song, but that's not mainly what we know about her as a historical figure...

Number 19; Brave Danny Flint

“Did Mance ever sing of Brave Danny Flint?”

“Not as I recall. Who was he?”

“A girl who dressed up like a boy to take the black. Her song is sad and pretty. What happened to her wasn’t.” In some versions of the song, her ghost still walked the Nightfort.

With 19 points she is number 19 in our list. Another Northern lady, Brave Danny Flint was a legendary hero who chose to take her vows as a member of the Night’s watch, but when the other men found that she was a girl her story ended in tragedy.

Annara Snow     0+  5= 5
Baltan     0+ 5= 5
Julia H.     5+ 0= 5
Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer     2+ 0= 2

my first inclination would be toward a famous knight for the child of the subject (perhaps Aemon the Dragonknight). Since Aemon's mother was Larra Rogare and she was from Lys, "her people" would be the Lyseni, not those of Westeros, so maybe a misdirect on the first clue.

Any other thoughts?

I figured it was all about specific wording with the previous clue, because someone (can't remember who) in the books described Danny Flint's song as "sad and pretty".

Continuing the tradition of me gambling in every round (so far it's been 50:50) -

Gambling on Melissa Blackwood.

On 26/9/2016 at 9:15 PM, Annara Snow said:

I figured it was all about specific wording with the previous clue, because someone (can't remember who) in the books described Danny Flint's song as "sad and pretty".

You are right, I always try to hide a clue in the wording. Jon was the one that told that the song was sad and pretty.

Archived