Somebody call a...

The Fresh PtwP

So Bloodraven and by extension ice magic can't do anything for poor Bran's legs but BR isn't the only wizard in town is he?

IIRC Varys offers to send warlocks, foreign healers etc to Bran which Ned rebukes, but would it have worked?

I have a hard time believing that Moqorro, Marwyn or Thoros couldn't get Bran back on his feet and wanted to start a discussion. 

Are there magics out there that could fix Bran?

Assuming a few of the bones in his spine are shattered, or pinching the nerves, or what have you, it's possible. Moqorro's magic sure as shit worked on Victarion. But even then, the situation was more of a "If this doesn't work, you're going to be our new ships anchor, bud." So why would a man of First Men stock, of the North, have any faith or give any worth to some fire priest cult from Essos? He probably wouldn't.

That said, you do raise a good point. Seeing as the types of magic we've seen are few in number, it's likely that the fire magic would have likely had an effect.

Also, where the shit are you getting ice magic as an extension from Bloodraven?

31 minutes ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

So Bloodraven and by extension ice magic can't do anything for poor Bran's legs but BR isn't the only wizard in town is he?

IIRC Varys offers to send warlocks, foreign healers etc to Bran which Ned rebukes, but would it have worked?

I have a hard time believing that Moqorro, Marwyn or Thoros couldn't get Bran back on his feet and wanted to start a discussion. 

He also might be lying. Like does he want Bran ever to leave that cave? 

47 minutes ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

I think not even Bran would be interested in that. He will fly! Walking is for toddlers.

I am of the belief that Planetos was once part of the Thousand Worlds and had advanced medical technology probably 8000-12000 years ago as the timeline goes. It's possible that is all referred to as magic now.

As such, Bran could get artificial limbs or new spine grown in a lab like they do with some organs nowadays

I'm going to go with no.  Magic has gotten more and more powerful as the books have gone on.  When they start it seems to only then be returning to the world in any significant way.  The red priests likely couldn't do anything at that point.  Now on the other hand? If GRRM sees fit to bring a powerful wizard far far north to see Bran, I'd be interested to find out.  Probably not going to happen, Mel might show up there, but I don't think she'll be interested in making friends.

I do like the idea that BR quite possibly could do something about it, but won't. That seems to fit his character to a T.  That being said, I don't recall any indication that his magic has that kind of effects.  Fire heals, but ice preserves? Something like that.

7 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

I am of the belief that Planetos was once part of the Thousand Worlds and had advanced medical technology probably 8000-12000 years ago as the timeline goes. It's possible that is all referred to as magic now.

As such, Bran could get artificial limbs or new spine grown in a lab like they do with some organs nowadays

GRRM:

Asimov and Heinlein, late in life, both seemed to feel the urge to merge all of their books and stories into one huge continuity.

So far I do not feel the urge. No, Westeros is not one of the Thousand Worlds.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/464984.html?thread=23461208#t23461208

Just fyi.

On 4/10/2016 at 11:41 PM, StarkofWinterfell said:

22 hours ago, Humble Maester said:

GRRM:

Just fyi.

A thousands eyes worlds and one.  Westeros, even without being a world from the Thousand Worlds series, could still have once had the same sort of sci-fi technology millennia ago.

21 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

I've seen that and I take what GRRM says with a grain of salt, tyvm. 

If he was entirely truthful, there'd be no mystery to his stories.

well #1 these are not like legally binding or anything he could just change he mind. 

#2 well i think he is careful in what he say and people read more into it than what he says a lot of the time. Like Some asked once "will jon find out about his real parents?" he said "yes" 

That doesn't mean anyone else will find out about jon's real parents. 

Archived