TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

1 minute ago, ab aeterno said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, Helena, but I'm with Buck. 20C is lukewarm at best, bring on 26-28! I'd go hotter, but we neglect A/C in this country. <_< 

This sentence does not make any sense. You want it to be hotter just so you would have use of the A/C? This is like you said "I wish this food were uncooked, so I could cook it now."

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

This sentence does not make any sense. You want it to be hotter just so you would have use of the A/C? This is like you said "I wish this food were uncooked, so I could cook it now."

I want it to be hot outside but cool inside. 32,-40C is only fun when you can escape from the heat when you've had enough. When it's that hot inside it's just horribly uncomfortable and you can't sleep.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, Helena, but I'm with Buck. 20C is lukewarm at best, bring on 26-28! I'd go hotter, but we neglect A/C in this country. <_< 

Speak for yourself, mines on now, just got back from the coast :D.

Well unfortunately my body doesn't seem to regulate my temperature too well, because once it's hot I'm just in a constant state of agitation. I don't really sweat much when it's hot, which is probably why I struggle to cool down.

8 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

20C would be perfect, it was 26C here today and yesterday and I can't study when it's that warm.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

He meant that nowhere has AC so you can't escape the heat.

I'm #TeamHelena, and Edinburgh hasn't even been as hot as down south. Cold is fine you can put a coat on, there's a limit to how much clothing you can take off.

58 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

*sighs* This is why Britain no longer has an Empire. Your ancestors conquered the world in search of warmer climates. 

More proof that the North is inferior then? ;) (though to Bear, I am probably The South :P)

6 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

In keeping with the theme, I've finished watching Firefly. Which is a good thing because dear god, four days until my exams start.

I'll watch Serenity tomorrow night and see if I fall in Camp Ab or Camp Kingmaker.

4 days? Lucky for some. 14 hours and counting....

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well unfortunately my body doesn't seem to regulate my temperature too well, because once it's hot I'm just in a constant state of agitation. I don't really sweat much when it's hot, which is probably why I struggle to cool down.

I do not sweat all that much either, but heat does not bother me a lot all the same. I suppose I am like a lizard. :P

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

4 days? Lucky for some. 14 hours and counting....

Good luck! You studied so much, I have no doubt you will pass everything with the best results. :)

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not sweat all that much either, but heat does not bother me a lot all the same. I suppose I am like a lizard. :P

Cold blooded? You can lick your eyeballs? You shed your skin when you grow? When frightened your limbs fall off? You were born in an egg? Your prehistoric? You catch your food with your tongue?

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Cold blooded? You can lick your eyeballs? You shed your skin when you grow? When frightened your limbs fall off? You were born in an egg? Your prehistoric? You catch your food with your tongue?

1. Yes. I am a cold-blooded murderer, did you not know?

2. That is very private, we lizards do not share such details with hairy mammals.

3. Absolutely, is it this not how this "growing" thing is done?

4. No, but I hide under rocks very fast.

5. A stork brought me, duh. You know nothing, Black Bear.

6. "Your" teacher will be disappointed that "you are" not spelling properly.

7. Ah, I am a sophsticated lizard. I have evolved past that and now use a superiour technical device to catch my lunch. ;)

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

6. "Your" teacher will be disappointed that "you are" not spelling properly.

7. Ah, I am a sophsticated lizard. I have evolved past that and now use a superiour technical device to catch my lunch. ;)

Yes they would have been, but as you can see the errors run 2 to 1. :fencing:

Archived