Why Lannister and Tyrell aren't trying to work together?

mediterraneo

I am bothered by the silly, childish attitude of the Lannister and Tyrell in their dynamics.
They are bitching about who should be sitting where when Margaery, Tommen's wife, is in a cell, and 5 out of seven kingdoms are in open rebellion.

I understand that the show has to take some shortcuts and simplifications, but why in the world would Olenna want to divide the Lannister in camps while she need their strenght to free her granddaughter?

Kevan is Lancel's father, a chain of transmission with the Faith even if he disrespects his son and his choices. Kevan could be pushed to cooperate on that. I even understand Olenna's position in standing near him by day. By why in the hell isn't she talking all night to Cersei, to pull her to work towards her son's wife's liberation?

There are lots of common enemies here around, Dorne sharing a border with the Reach to say one, with a new ruler that could be out to kill Margaery's husband. The High Septon is out of control, the Ironborne loose, the North married to Sansa, the Riverlands not pacified, nothing is to be heard from the Vale but that the "neutral" Lady has suffered a tragic accident, and a new ruling team is around.

In the show, also, Loras is the only heir to House Tyrell, the family faces extinction.

And Olenna of all people is bitching about who should be doing things? Me, you, Kevan...

Am I the only one bothered of this?

To me she does seem to be working with the Lannisters, she just should isn't working with Cersei. I feel like mosy of the people inside KL lost respect for her and don't think she has Any power left since the walk of shame. She is in the small council now, working  with Kevan, who is now hand of the King. She isn't opposed to working with Lannisters.

And it seemed like she did try and make peace last season with Cersri and it blew up in her face, and she realized Cersei was impossible to deal with. Why not just deal with the people with actual power then. 

I bet she would even work with Jaime if there was a need too. Pretty much anyone and everyone except Cersei.

Only other explanation IMO is that she doesn't fear for Margaerys life. And she is trying to drive apart the Lannisters so the Tyrells can take over. Hell maybe she's been working with the high sparrow from the beginning. Long shot definetly but maybe.

^^ I think you're pretty much correct.

Plus Cersei is the one who empowered the Faith Militant in order to arrest Loras and Margery. She is to blame for the situation they're in. Olenna likely knows it was her and know why Cersei did it.

Also Cersei won't be much help with the Faith just now as she has her own trial to worry about.

Speaking of Lannisters and Tyrells, did Tommen forget that his wife was being held in a dungeon when he confronts the HS to allow his mom to visit his sister's tomb? Marg wasn't mentioned once in that entire annoying conversation.

Cersei doesn't play nice in the sandbox. And is much more obvious about not wanting to share power.

In truth, neither does Margery, and Olenna did orchestrate Joffrey's death. But they could at least pretend to be cooperative until Cersei armed the faith.

Cersei is the reason why the Tyrells are opposed to the Lannisters. The Tyrell's are after succession to the crown since Renly, they have sought to manipulate furthering their position by gaining small council seats, possibly even in poisoning Joffrey. With Magaery married to Tommen it was easier to manipulate him gaining greater posturing and power. Except Cersei got in the way at her own cost and to their heirs, now she is finished, there is no way that through shame, she can ever be the reagent again publicly, so why would the Tyrells work with somebody  shamed who has already cost them?

What I don't understand is the continuity of these estranged scenes? Where is Jamie when Tommen goes to speak to the High Sparrow, where are the Kingsguard when Jamie nearly kills the high sparrow previously? How do you deal with these unruly peasants? Dissolve the faith disarming them from using weapons, killing anyone caught with their tatoo, by passing a law they aren't allowed weapons, dissolving Cersei's former decree that issued them their status, now void by her shame. Strip the high sparrow of his power, by finding him guilty of heresy, using your own high Septon to make up the charges, enter the Sept under the rights of visitation releasing Margeary who can now feed the masses pacifying them away from their instigators with Tommen on her arm. The problem is Cersei and now the Dornish

Archived