Long time SanSan shipper now open to JonxSansa ship in the show

6 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

Not only that. She's Jon's aunt.

People, get over it. Any love interest for Jon will be part of his family. This is pretty clear.

Well, at least he didn't grow up in the same house with Dany calling her "Aunt" the whole time before supposedly falling in love with her.  Arya isn't some estranged relative.  They grew up as siblings.

2 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

Well, at least he didn't grow up in the same house with Dany calling her "Aunt" the whole time before supposedly falling in love with her.  Arya isn't some estranged relative.  They grew up as siblings.

So did Jaime and Cersei and again the only reason people in Westeros (not us readers) are making a big deal out of it is because the product of their incest is wearing a Baratheon Stag on the throne and isn't a Baratheon.  

Sure to us incest is gross and nasty, and unthinkable.  But in Westeros it's very common. 

1 minute ago, StarksNTargs said:

Sure, that's right. Still incest. That was the point I was making.

5 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Not at all still doesn't change the fact though.  You can't bemoan incest and then make exceptions.  

Haha, so, I can't like Dany, a product of incest without being ok with the act itself?   So, if a child is the result of rape, would you then be ok with rape if you ended up liking the child as they grew up?   Or would rape still disgust you?   Do you see how ridiculous your argument is now?

9 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

Not once in the books is it indicated that he does these things because he's in love with her.

Except for all the times that it is. There are some excellent threads on it here on the forum, I'd recommend this one.

6 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Sure to us incest is gross and nasty, and unthinkable.  But in Westeros it's very common. 

It's very frowned upon in Westeros too.  The original faith militant went to war with the Targaryens over this.

It doesn't matter if they are not blood related, they were raised as brothers, that would be totally weird. They are not going to start loving each other in a romantic manner just because they find out they not blood related.

And I think that by "deeper bond" they meant deeper brother and sister bond.

Ship what you want, though!

Im usually a shipper, but not in this show. The romance is the least important thing for the plot here. And I love it. 

16 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

Haha, so, I can't like Dany, a product of incest without being ok with the act itself?   So, if a child is the result of rape, would you then be ok with rape if you ended up liking the child as they grew up?   Or would rape still disgust you?   Do you see how ridiculous your argument is now?

Apples and Oranges.  And by the way like the other person said, you bemoan incest and are rooting for it in the picture you have.  And my argument is ridiculous.  Lol.  Ok.  

48 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

Regardless, it's still sick and the fact that some here want this to happen is disgusting.  Not only are they likely first cousins, but they grew up as brother and sister and he's 5 years older.  She's only 9 in the books...

My point is, it's in the spirit of the canon. Even if you personally have a different moral stand on sex or romance between close relatives, you shouldn't be surprised other people here actually accept the rules of the 'verse as they are.

18 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

It's very frowned upon in Westeros too.  The original faith militant went to war with the Targaryens over this.

The faith militant is a army of religious lunatics.  They frown upon all sex that isn't between a husband and wife.  Pardon me if I don't think their opinion counts for much of shit.  

4 minutes ago, lidsa said:

And yet you're the one who's apparently longing for incest, going by your avatar and name. Jon/Sansa or Jon/Arya is not incest, however much you want it to be.

My name and avatar are to portray my two favorite characters in the series.   And yes, it absolutely is incest.  Not only are they blood related, but they also grew up as brothers and sisters.  

5 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Apples and Oranges.  And by the way like the other person said, you bemoan incest and are rooting for it in the picture you have.  And my argument is ridiculous.  Lol.  Ok.  

Not apples and oranges at all.  Both are despicable acts.  And your argument is that you can't appreciate the person that may be born of those despicable acts unless you are ok with the act itself.  And I don't "ship" anyone.  These are my favorite two characters in the books and show.  Once again you are seeing hints of incest where there are none.   

My name and avatar are to portray my two favorite characters in the series.   

Why isn't it StarkNTarg then? :P Because it doesn't come across like you are a big fan of other Starks. 

Anyway. 

3 minutes ago, LifeRuiner said:

My point is, it's in the spirit of the canon. Even if you personally have a different moral stand on sex or romance between close relatives, you shouldn't be surprised other people here actually accept the rules of the 'verse as they are.

those rules obviously don't mean much of anything to the people in this world.  

4 minutes ago, LifeRuiner said:

Why isn't it StarkNTarg then? :P Because it doesn't come across like you are a big fan of other Starks. 

Anyway. 

I'm not a Stark fan because I don't want Jon to get with one of his sisters?  I don't want him to get with Dany either.  

And yes, it absolutely is incest.  Not only are they blood related, but they also grew up as brothers and sisters.  

Cousins getting with each other isn't even incest in the real world, and it's absolutely not incest in the verse of ASoIaF.  

I'm wondering how you can even stand to read this series if you are so opposed to brother/sister. Which Jon and Arya are not. And they grew up as half-brother and half-sister. Bastard half-brother no less. But really, if you compare 'growing up together' of ASoIaF to 'growing up together' in the real world, you're gonna have a bad time.

Not apples and oranges at all.  Both are despicable acts.  And your argument is that you can't appreciate the person that may be born of those despicable acts unless you are ok with the act itself.  And I don't "ship" anyone.  These are my favorite two characters in the books and show.  Once again you are seeing hints of incest where there are none.   

My argument is that Dany is a product of incest and not to mention, probably doesn't have as big a problem with it as you do.  Her parents were brother and sister, she would have probably been her brother's husband if he wasn't a little bitch.  I'm not saying don't root for her or anyone, you can like or dislike anyone you want, you can be for or against incest all you want that is your prerogative, all I'm saying is you're being a little inconsistent. Let's say Sansa and Jon hook up, it's no different than Jon and Dany.  They are both sick to modern day civilized people, except people in Alabama, but that's another discussion for another time... Personally I don't believe Jon ends up with anyone.  His love is dead.  

Brother and sister who had a very brother-sister vibe.  Whether they are cousins is beside the point, because that's not how they were raised and they don't even realize that they are cousins.  And while other characters in this story are all for incest, the Starks were not raised that way.  So no, not seeing it happen.

Archived