Suddenly Davos remembers Stannis and Shireen?

McAssey

The men closing in on Royce constitute a betrayal. Robin is not Lord of the Vale in name but not power until he has come of age. A boy lord is just a figurehead unless they are strong enough to hold on the reins of power. Robb had to make the Great Jon submit to be taken seriously. on the flipside no one takes tommen seriously and Robin who is weaker than Tommen should be met with disdain. We have seen time and time again that one must prove themselves to hold power.

I will concede, however, if that scene took place at the Gates of the Moon and not at Runestone (why Bronze Yohn is so far away from Runestone who knows?)...this show should really say what location they are at. 

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Robin is the Lord. The men serve him and he does what LF wants. Do you really not understand this basic concept?

So going by your basic concept, SmallJon's men would have seized him if Ramsey commanded them to when he brought in Rickon and Osha right?  So what was the point of even having the discussion?  Ramsey is warden of the north and lord of Winterfell. So Umbers men belong to him not SmallJon right?  You clearly are drinking the kool aid, no matter the taste. Lol. I love both the show and the books and will criticize both. You're clearly a show fanboy and feel it can do no wrong and must not be critiqued. I bet you found the shows Dorne storyline to be riveting television...  Why???   Because reasons...

19 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Davos knows she has some kind of powers or special abilities even before she brought Jon back, so why would it be so surprising that she made it out alive? Is there a reason why you're not understanding something so basic?

So now it's "basic" knowledge that Mel's powers and abilities would help her escape a raging battle with thousands of participants where no one else from her side made it out???  Has this been shown prior?  I think not. So stop using the word "basic" because nothing you've posted has been basic. It's all been your surface interpretations based on your opinions. But as maybe you or someone posted earlier, everyone grieves differently. Which is true. My opinions were based on the build up they've shown of Davos' character and his relationship they've established between Davos and Shireen and Stannis.  I'll go rewatch to see how Davos handled his son's death on the black water to see if his grief matches this. As of now, the Davos that approached Mel and asked about Shireen in this past episode is the character I've grown to know.  Not the one who didn't confront her when she first returned because that would have messed up their resurrection plans. Because no way would Davos play buddy buddy with her to resurrect Jon if he knew she sacrificed Shireen then turned tail and ran when it didn't work. It's just lazy storytelling and you fanboys who can see no wrong in the show just drink it down with no questions. Which explains why you can't understand my point. You're just like Davos with the way he handled Mel's return to Castle Black.  No questions asked. Just take everything how it's given. And just like Davos in that scene, I bet you get the wool pulled over your eyes very often...

38 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

So going by your basic concept, SmallJon's men would have seized him if Ramsey commanded them to when he brought in Rickon and Osha right?  So what was the point of even having the discussion?  Ramsey is warden of the north and lord of Winterfell. So Umbers men belong to him not SmallJon right?  You clearly are drinking the kool aid, no matter the taste. Lol. I love both the show and the books and will criticize both. You're clearly a show fanboy and feel it can do no wrong and must not be critiqued. I bet you found the shows Dorne storyline to be riveting television...  Why???   Because reasons...

Yes, I like Dorne.

15 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Yes, I like Dorne.

Lol. Good answer. Let's keep this going. I only need five more posts to reach 100.  Lol.  Will I get a new rank then?  In all seriousness though, thanks for responding. I love GoT and ASoIaF. So it's fun to debate about them. GoT is the best show on TV and maybe my favorite of all time. But I'm a sucker for fantasy and swordplay so they had me hooked  when I first saw the original promo with Sean Bean and Ice. 

17 hours ago, Rhollo said:

Davos simply wasn't a character for the first 2-3 episodes, he was an onscreen director telling the other characters what they have to do to move the plot along:

"Random loyal guys, in this room please"

"Edd, you go get the wildlings"

"Thorne, stay outside the loyalists room for a few more hours."

"Mel, time to make Jon's resurrection happen"

He was basically the NPC a gamemaster in a RPG often utilizes to shove his players into the quest he prepared.

I couldn't agree more.  The lead up to Jon's resurrection didn't make any logical sense.

If anything, it should have been Mel who first found Jon and instructed the men to bring Jon's body into the room because she thought there might be something she could do. 

And that's why his resurrection fell so flat.

PS. By the way, I read your season 6 predictions bingo card.  I got a good laugh out of it. 

52 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Lol. Good answer. Let's keep this going. I only need five more posts to reach 100.  Lol.  Will I get a new rank then?  In all seriousness though, thanks for responding. I love GoT and ASoIaF. So it's fun to debate about them. GoT is the best show on TV and maybe my favorite of all time. But I'm a sucker for fantasy and swordplay so they had me hooked  when I first saw the original promo with Sean Bean and Ice. 

I don't know about best show....I mean it had to contend against Breaking Bad and Mad Men. and even now Real Time, Last Week, Silicon Valley, and Ballers are the main reasons I still have HBO as part of my cable package.

Hell I would go so far as to say that Top Gear was even more beautifully shot then Game of Thrones.

But I still love this show because it got me to read all the books in one month after the first season ended. I have loved reading all the supplemental material that GRRM has put out and the way it fleshes out the current story. such a shame that D$D refuse to tap that well fully. 

7 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

I don't know about best show....I mean it had to contend against Breaking Bad and Mad Men. and even now Real Time, Last Week, Silicon Valley, and Ballers are the main reasons I still have HBO as part of my cable package.

Hell I would go so far as to say that Top Gear was even more beautifully shot then Game of Thrones.

But I still love this show because it got me to read all the books in one month after the first season ended. I have loved reading all the supplemental material that GRRM has put out and the way it fleshes out the current story. such a shame that D$D refuse to tap that well fully. 

Ballers? Just stop. Please. Thrones is in another league.

15 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Ballers is a great show, sure it is in a different genre but damn it is good. Thrones used to be a great nay awesome show, now it struggles to even be okay. I am sorry if this goes against your sensibilities but that is my opinion. 

33 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

It got me into the books too. I went out and immediately binge read them all too. Believe it or not, I've never watched Breaking Bad. I heard it's excellent. Probably need to put it on my to do list. If it's that good I'll probably be holed up in the house for weeks binge watching it. Lol.  If I find something I like, I can't put it down until it's complete. That's why I wish GRRM would come with Winds. These 5 year waits are unbearable. 

11 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

It got me into the books too. I went out and immediately binge read them all too. Believe it or not, I've never watched Breaking Bad. I heard it's excellent. Probably need to put it on my to do list. If it's that good I'll probably be holed up in the house for weeks binge watching it. Lol.  If I find something I like, I can't put it down until it's complete. That's why I wish GRRM would come with Winds. These 5 year waits are unbearable. 

Same here, though I picked up the books after watching the first 2 episodes (the season was 4 or 5 episodes in at that point). 

Finished the books, binge watched the rest of season 1, and watched the season 1 Ned scene live lol. That was the moment that I knew I'd be hooked on this stuff. 

Breaking Bad is pretty overrated in my opinion - it really took a good 3 seasons to get really good. The first 2 seasons were boring, but it does pick up and become very entertaining after that. 

Not anywhere close to the best TV show ever made, but a very good one nonetheless. 

Worth giving it a shot. 

25 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Ballers is a great show, sure it is in a different genre but damn it is good. Thrones used to be a great nay awesome show, now it struggles to even be okay. I am sorry if this goes against your sensibilities but that is my opinion. 

The Leftovers is HBO's second best show after GoT.

31 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

Same here, though I picked up the books after watching the first 2 episodes (the season was 4 or 5 episodes in at that point). 

Finished the books, binge watched the rest of season 1, and watched the season 1 Ned scene live lol. That was the moment that I knew I'd be hooked on this stuff. 

Breaking Bad is pretty overrated in my opinion - it really took a good 3 seasons to get really good. The first 2 seasons were boring, but it does pick up and become very entertaining after that. 

Not anywhere close to the best TV show ever made, but a very good one nonetheless. 

Worth giving it a shot. 

Thanks.  I think I may give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Rubicante said:

I couldn't agree more.  The lead up to Jon's resurrection didn't make any logical sense.

It made sense. You just don't want to see it. You think what you think. And when one is determined to hate for whatever reason, that's the outcome.

\Another thing to love about this seasno. How preemptive ranters get blasted each episode. Before the season they had whined about Jon's comeback being dragged out. Boom happened in the second episode. They had whined about Melisandre getting naked and fucking Jon back to life. Boom didn't happen. They had whined about Sansa being back to eating out of Littlefinger's palm. Boom by the looks of it, won't happen. They had whined about Daenerys being rescued by her guys like some damsel in distress. Boom Boom Boom Wrong...and so on and so forth...It's funny when bias is so evident. And it gets crushed time and time again.

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Right. The saltiness is so off the charts that even such ridiculous statements happen. Can't take most posts here seriously anymore.

22 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Right. The saltiness is so off the charts that even such ridiculous statements happen. Can't take most posts here seriously anymore.

The saltiness? I praised GoT for its cinematography but if you can not see the deep flaws in season 5 which led to the ongoing trainwreck of certain storylines in the current season then we will just have to disagree. 

Also Ballers is a good show and it has good stories being presented for every character. No reason to put it down because Thrones is faltering and only seems to try and recapture its former glory through big spectacle scenes instead of proper storytelling.

5 hours ago, The Golden Wolf said:

The saltiness? I praised GoT for its cinematography but if you can not see the deep flaws in season 5 which led to the ongoing trainwreck of certain storylines in the current season then we will just have to disagree. 

Also Ballers is a good show and it has good stories being presented for every character. No reason to put it down because Thrones is faltering and only seems to try and recapture its former glory through big spectacle scenes instead of proper storytelling.

Season 5 is my second favorite.

3 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

.....really? 

Yes? Why would I say it if it wasn't true? 4 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 3

I love all the seasons and 1 and 3 are pretty much interchangeable there for me. Unfortunately with rankings though, somebody's gotta be on bottom. 

Archived