Video Games: "Completeness" becomes important somehow

Rhom

27 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

You still do actual pay checks and pay stubs in envelopes? Are we still living in a pre-computer age?

I do all my checks by hand and personally.  Take the deposit to the bank personally every Monday.  Makes me "feel" it more.  Always think the stories of small businesses falling victim to embezzlement all come back to owners not being actively aware of what's coming in and out.

:dunno: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I do all my checks by hand and personally.  Take the deposit to the bank personally every Monday.  Makes me "feel" it more.  Always think the stories of small businesses falling victim to embezzlement all come back to owners not being actively aware of what's coming in and out.

Fascinating. Our entire country went to direct credit for wages and salaries in the mid-80s.

Anyway, back to video games. I am wondering if I am interpreting things correctly about Project Scorpio. Phil Spencer said that if you have a 1080p TV then Scorpio is useless to you compared to going with the standard Xb one. This implies that a game running on Scoprio won't see any improvement in graphics (lighting, textures, framerate, stability etc) aside from higher resolution. This seems like a monumental waste of a 4x increase in power simply to achieve a certain resolution benchmark.

But it's not possible for the specs that have been indicated for Scorpio to output a game at 4K with any sort of better quality graphics than is produced on the original Xb one (at 1080p or below resolution of course). So if a developer wants to make a 4K native game the graphics setting have to be the same as for Xb one. I wonder if developers will actually produce 4K games. Seems to me like they will want to use all that extra power for something much more impressive than resolution.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

Don't feel bad. I work for a small business and we still get checks sent in the mail to us every two weeks.

Apparently there used to be direct deposit, back before I started with them, but it was the boss' wife that set it up and it stopped after the divorce; he thinks its too complicated.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

Don't feel bad. I work for a small business and we still get checks sent in the mail to us every two weeks.

Apparently there used to be direct deposit, back before I started with them, but it was the boss' wife that set it up and it stopped after the divorce; he thinks its too complicated.

There are fees associated with the direct deposit.  Its not much, but still more than the cost of an envelope handed to them.  :dunno: 

But anyways, back to me wanting to write HK-47 on everything...  :lol: 

On 6/2/2016 at 7:25 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Ok, some researching combined with your stories has lead me to think this could maybe be dope. It's standard looking fantasyness to me, but Total War is the only franchise I know of that can transfer those awesome trailer charges into actual gameplay.

So, a few questions if you guys could indulge me to get to Gamestop (closes like 3 hours or so after this post I think) in time to buy.

1) Is Chaos that big a deal to play as?

2) Do Vampires (they seem the coolest) get dragons?

3) What other races can I expect in DLC? Five seems pretty limited.

The other races?

The next race is probably going to be Bretonnia. Think Grimdark King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table with the Lady of the Lake and Damsels and shit encrusted peasants straight out of Monty Python. They already have a sort of skeleton for them, so it'll probably be a free dlc.

Next after that is probably going to be Wood Elves and Beastmen, who will inhabit the forest regions that are more or less empty right now.

After that? Maybe the High Elves and Dark Elves. Or possibly the Skaven, who are a bunch of crazy technologically advanced rat-men who breed like rabbits and have an underground tunnel network that spans the civilized world.

EDIT: Wow I just realized how long ago your post actually was. Jokes on me.

Archived