Rickon, The last Stark in Winterfell

BazdorClegane

Just a thought i have had regarding Rickon's role in the TV Show. So far he has appeared to be simply a passenger. He has no real arc, and whilst his siblings have gone on personal journey's and discovered new things about themselves, could this be Rickon's time to find out a few things about himself.

Could the title "The Door" refer to a door in Winterfell where Rickon is. Winterfell is a mysterious and possibly magical place. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, and right at this moment, there is.

I'd say he is a goner but it probably wont happen till the end of the season. It will probably be done in front of Sansa or Jon to twist the knife a little more to make us hate Ramsay even more right before Ramsay dies too.

Yeah, I wish he had more story to tell and I highly doubt there will even be on the books since he's just 6 yo.
Unfortunately, I think he's lost... I mean, he's at Ramsay's hands, it doesn't look good. I do believe though Ramsay will wait until he faces Jon to kill Rickon, ya know, cause he's the big baddie, for shock value, blah, blah, blah... I really wish it wasn't so.

1 hour ago, Ashlesha said:

D&D have fetish for Ramsay. No matter how illogical,stupid and irrational it might sound Ramsay is going to skin Rickon. There is no magic in winterfell.

D&D have many fetishes. They not only took the magic out of Winterfell, they took the magic out of Game of Thrones.

I'm hoping, in the most irrational way, that it means Rickon sneaks back into the crypts and goes further down than we've seen thus far. Then he starts warg murdering everyone. I believe, unfortunately, that he's just meant to be a 'useful' way for D&D to remind us why we should hate Joffery II. 

Rickon is toast.  Never been a significant character in the books or show.  He'll die at the hands of Ramsey so Ramsey can have one more super villain moment before he's defeated.  Probably towards the end of the season and most definitely in a cruel way. 

15 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Rickon is toast.  Never been a significant character in the books or show.  He'll die at the hands of Ramsey so Ramsey can have one more super villain moment before he's defeated.  Probably towards the end of the season and most definitely in a cruel way. 

Yeah, I tend to agree. I do get the feeling though that at some point Martin had something more planned for him. 

Just now, jandslegate said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. I do get the feeling though that at some point Martin had something more planned for him. 

i dont think so 

if Rickon get back all lords plege to him as a 100% stark. But this is jon's or bran role

I don't give him much of a chance.  We're into our sixth season of this show and still have virtually no investment in Rickon as a character.  Odds are,  it isn't going to happen now.  He would seem to be the most expendable Stark by far if they want to get rid of another one. 

23 minutes ago, jandslegate said:

Why? 

He disappears completely in the books, and if the show is matching the books, his return is simply as a prisoner to the big villain in the North. 

I don't think there's much to suggest that George had any plans for Rickon beyond "expendable Stark that no one cares about"

1 minute ago, TickTak7 said:

Why? 

He disappears completely in the books, and if the show is matching the books, his return is simply as a prisoner to the big villain in the North. 

I don't think there's much to suggest that George had any plans for Rickon beyond "expendable Stark that no one cares about"

I don't know, really. I just felt like him going off to Skagos which was supposedly renowned for being a wild, savage land coupled with Rickon having an 'untamed' reputation... I figured his Stark warging super powers might come into play. Then again, I figured Bran is never coming back, possibly Arya as well, Sansa would be a larger player of the game elsewhere and Jon would be busy with other things. Like I said, just a feeling, like a hunch or something. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though. 

3 minutes ago, jandslegate said:

I don't know, really. I just felt like him going off to Skagos which was supposedly renowned for being a wild, savage land coupled with Rickon having an 'untamed' reputation... I figured his Stark warging super powers might come into play. Then again, I figured Bran is never coming back, possibly Arya as well, Sansa would be a larger player of the game elsewhere and Jon would be busy with other things. Like I said, just a feeling, like a hunch or something. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though. 

No no, fair enough. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was putting you on the spot.

In fairness, I know lots of people had the same opinion as you - that he had a more important role to play (still might, we don't know). 

I think, maybe being off page / screen may have fueled that; especially with the way GRRM always seems to have interesting plots bubbling in the background. Many characters who were off-page/screen always seemed to get heightened predictions from fans (Rickon, Osha, Benjen, Littlefinger, Varys, etc)

The show however, doesn't really seem interested in trying to mimic the same feel of conspiracy & behind the scenes "stuff", save for Littlefinger.

2 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

No no, fair enough. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was putting you on the spot.

In fairness, I know lots of people had the same opinion as you - that he had a more important role to play (still might, we don't know). 

I think, maybe being off page / screen may have fueled that; especially with the way GRRM always seems to have interesting plots bubbling in the background. Many characters who were off-page/screen always seemed to get heightened predictions from fans (Rickon, Osha, Benjen, Littlefinger, Varys, etc)

The show however, doesn't really seem interested in trying to mimic the same feel of conspiracy & behind the scenes "stuff", save for Littlefinger.

All good, no worries at all. I agree they seem to be cutting to the quick so to speak and omitting most of the intrigue etc. 

Just now, jandslegate said:

All good, no worries at all. I agree they seem to be cutting to the quick so to speak and omitting most of the intrigue etc. 

I don't know if you saw the reports 3 weeks ago that apparently the next two seasons are going to be shorter in length. 

That would leave the show with somewhere between 14-18 episodes left maybe? 

My guess is they are trying to power through as quick as they can.

Can't complain too much - I thought the pacing last season was far too slow, and would much rather prefer this year's pacing right to the end

Archived