(spoilers) Theory about the Night King...

Grayce Hornwood

43 minutes ago, Grayce Hornwood said:

It actually lists a different actor for 06.05 completely. If you look at the filmography, next to the episode titled "The Door" it lists Vladimir Furdik

[...]

3 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm sure this is wrong. The actors who play the NK and the sacrificed dude are different people.

I'll quote my own post from above. Richard Brake, who has played the NK up until this point, is not listed as the actor for this episode. Vladimir Furdik is listed as playing the NK in "The Door" and when you look at his face, it's almost certainly the same actor that played the man who was tied to the tree.

8 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Watch the post credit show, and after the thrones.  I didn't think so either until I rewatched.

I don't have access here, but I asked on the previous page of this thread and got confirmation that the sacrificed guy in the credits is not Richard Brake, who is the NK.

It actually lists a different actor for 06.05 completely. If you look at the filmography, next to the episode titled "The Door" it lists Vladimir Furdik

Edit: Ha! I was trying to quote you as you posted. I'm glad you clarified here as I clearly misunderstood the earlier post. So they ARE the same. Wonder why the show changed the actor for the NK.

Another thing I noticed is in the aerial shot of during Bran's CotF flashback, the stones around the weriwood are set up in a spiral just like the dead bodies in the white walker raid during the Fist in S3.

Hopefully this video works. to show the CotF stones.

Here is a picture within an article that shows the dead bodies the WW arranged.

8 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't have access here, but I asked on the previous page of this thread and got confirmation that the sacrificed guy in the credits is not Richard Brake, who is the NK.

Edit: Ha! I was trying to quote you as you posted. I'm glad you clarified here as I clearly misunderstood the earlier post. So they ARE the same. Wonder why the show changed the actor for the NK.

Like I said to the dude accusing me of being on a high horse, it seems to me that this is a simplification of the story because 1.  The original story is a little complex, better but maybe not for the mass of television watchers with no attention spans, 2.  Time may not permit, things have to be cut I get that.

I think the real story is better, way more interesting, but that's just me and my opinion.

5 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I figured that was done to drive the point home that the WW were made as a weapon.  Maybe I'm looking too much into it.  

I am assuming that the orange fire ones are for the wigts and the blue ones are for the Others/White Walkers??? This could be to signify the difference in type of being?

Also, sorry if it has been touched on already, but I guess the main white walkers have super powers above what the oily stone gave them when it was inserted, because it took just one touch from the tvNights King to turn Craster's baby a few seasons back. Which is, I am assuming, a different touch than the one he gives Bran during Bran's vision since Bran was not changed.

9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Another thing I noticed is in the aerial shot of during Bran's CotF flashback, the stones around the weriwood are set up in a spiral just like the dead bodies in the white walker raid during the Fist in S3.

Hopefully this video works. to show the CotF stones.

Here is a picture within an article that shows the dead bodies the WW arranged.

D&D stated this was intentional in the Inside the Episode segment. I guess it's there to show that even though the WW are actively trying to destroy the CotF, they can't escape their origins completely. :dunno:

14 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

It's untelling, lol. Maybe they liked Vladimir's face better? :dunno:

19 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Feckin' quote thing is messed up. :angry2: Trying to respond to Leech here:

On another thread some poster claim the tree is the Winterfell Heart Tree. For me the stone spiral shows that it's not as it's far north of the Wall. The rangers who saw the wildlings laid out in that pattern didn't make anything of it, so didn't associate it with Winterfell.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am assuming that the orange fire ones are for the wigts and the blue ones are for the Others/White Walkers??? This could be to signify the difference in type of being?

Also, sorry if it has been touched on already, but I guess the main white walkers have super powers above what the oily stone gave them when it was inserted, because it took just one touch from the tvNights King to turn Craster's baby a few seasons back. Which is, I am assuming, a different touch than the one he gives Bran during Bran's vision since Bran was not changed.

I'm thinking Bran wasn't changed because 1 his skin wasn't touched, and 2 it was done in the greendream.  

Just now, Grayce Hornwood said:

D&D stated this was intentional in the Inside the Episode segment. I guess it's there to show that even though the WW are actively trying to destroy the CotF, they can't escape their origins completely. :dunno:

I haven't seen the Inside segments yet. Actually, I hardly ever watch them anymore after season 3 because I was tired of having to go outside the episode to understand what was going on within the episode.

I guess the WW can't fully escape the "magic" that animated them as such? Maybe it is a type of alter to the Great Other?

6 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Like I said to the dude accusing me of being on a high horse, it seems to me that this is a simplification of the story because 1.  The original story is a little complex, better but maybe not for the mass of television watchers with no attention spans, 2.  Time may not permit, things have to be cut I get that.

I think the real story is better, way more interesting, but that's just me and my opinion.

I understand what you mean. They obviously have to cut out things from the book, for the sake of adaptation. They probably looked at the name "Night's King" and thought it was badass, so decided to use it for their 'big baddie'. It's definitely been confusing and frustrating explaining to friends and family that haven't read the books, that much is certain.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

On another thread some poster claim the tree is the Winterfell Heart Tree. For me the stone spiral shows that it's not as it's far north of the Wall. The rangers who saw the wildlings laid out in that pattern didn't make anything of it, so didn't associate it with Winterfell.

I agree, it's not Winterfell.  Winterfell didn't exist yet and I'm pretty sure there is a stream by Winterfell.  

1 minute ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I'm thinking Bran wasn't changed because 1 his skin wasn't touched, and 2 it was done in the greendream.  

Kinda feel the same way. The NK knows the secrets to changing someone in to another WW and has to will it, or cast a spell, or whatever to make that specific change.

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I agree, it's not Winterfell.  Winterfell didn't exist yet.  

Not to mention that the tree is clearly dead in Bran's 2nd vision. As we can see from the episode where Sansa marries Ramsay, the Winterfell Heart Tree is alive and well.

4 minutes ago, Grayce Hornwood said:

I understand what you mean. They obviously have to cut out things from the book, for the sake of adaptation. They probably looked at the name "Night's King" and thought it was badass, so decided to use it for their 'big baddie'. It's definitely been confusing and frustrating explaining to friends and family that haven't read the books, that much is certain.

Has it ever.  My sister constantly asks me about what everything means and all I can tell her is to watch the after show because what happens in the books essentially means nothing at this point.  

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Kinda feel the same way. The NK knows the secrets to changing someone in to another WW and has to will it, or cast a spell, or whatever to make that specific change.

A lot of people are saying the NK wants Bran cross the Wall so they can, but in the trailer for next week it clearly shows the wights still chasing Meera and Bran.  What are we to make of that?

20 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

A lot of people are saying the NK wants Bran cross the Wall so they can, but in the trailer for next week it clearly shows the wights still chasing Meera and Bran.  What are we to make of that?

Aggressive motivation? Haha, not really sure, honestly.

Archived