Davos loses something dear

2 hours ago, TinfoilToolate said:

Davos has consistently been a voice of reason, resolve and confidence. Learning the truth of Shireens demise would leave him unhinged, emotional and vengeful. If there's anything left in this poor man's life to which he holds dear, its his purpose. 

Someone needs to avenge Shireen. :(

If it isn't Davos then I fear her death will have been for absolutely nothing.

15 hours ago, TinfoilToolate said:

Davos has consistently been a voice of reason, resolve and confidence. Learning the truth of Shireens demise would leave him unhinged, emotional and vengeful. If there's anything left in this poor man's life to which he holds dear, its his purpose. 

Unhinged, emotional, and vengeful puts him in the same camp as Jon then, which may well be needed to defeat Ramsey, who caused all this grief.

14 hours ago, Graeham said:

Someone needs to avenge Shireen. :(

If it isn't Davos then I fear her death will have been for absolutely nothing.

Yes! Shireen was a great character and helped Davos retain his sense of hope and purpose, even after losing his son, and being imprisoned by his king. 

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Unhinged, emotional, and vengeful puts him in the same camp as Jon then, which may well be needed to defeat Ramsey, who caused all this grief.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

How did Ramsay cause Davos's or Jon's grief? :dunno: Stannis and Mel burned Shireen and the NW betrayed and killed Jon. 

On 6/14/2016 at 5:37 PM, chasing the dragons said:

Didn't Shireen have a toy horse in an earlier episode? If Jorah can find a ring in the Doth Sea, Davos can find a toy in a pile of ashes. The Horse is the stallion that will mount the world! It's also unburnt. Story solved.

That toy stag is made of the same nonburnable material as tv!Daenerys.

29 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

How did Ramsay cause Davos's or Jon's grief? :dunno: Stannis and Mel burned Shireen and the NW betrayed and killed Jon. 

Shireen’s death and Stannis’s death we must blame Ramsey for, as but for him, they would be alive to this day.

5 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Shireen’s death and Stannis’s death we must blame Ramsey for, as but for him, they would be alive to this day.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Let's blame Robb Stark because he agreed to Roose sending Ramsay to root out the Ironborn and take Winterfell. No. Wait. Let's blame Joffrey because he was the reason Robb Stark left Winterfell in the first place as well as the reason Stannis left Dragonstone in the first place. No. No. Damn it. Let's blame LF for betraying Ned Stark and allowing Joffrey to kill him. Though now that I think of it we should blame Robert dying and making it possible for LF to betray Ned's succession plan in the first place. Okay, ultimate Boar no. 467 is to blame for Shireen's death, because it killed Robert, gave a chance for Ned Stark to die and lure Robb out of Winterfell so Ramsay could take it AND gave a chance for Stannis to make a claim on the iron throne, take part in the war and have to sacrifice his daughter to beat Ramsay in a battle. The bloody boar. It's so not Stannis's fault. 

29 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Let's blame Robb Stark because he agreed to Roose sending Ramsay to root out the Ironborn and take Winterfell. No. Wait. Let's blame Joffrey because he was the reason Robb Stark left Winterfell in the first place as well as the reason Stannis left Dragonstone in the first place. No. No. Damn it. Let's blame LF for betraying Ned Stark and allowing Joffrey to kill him. Though now that I think of it we should blame Robert dying and making it possible for LF to betray Ned's succession plan in the first place. Okay, ultimate Boar no. 467 is to blame for Shireen's death, because it killed Robert, gave a chance for Ned Stark to die and lure Robb out of Winterfell so Ramsay could take it AND gave a chance for Stannis to make a claim on the iron throne, take part in the war and have to sacrifice his daughter to beat Ramsay in a battle. The bloody boar. It's so not Stannis's fault. 

:cheers:

Let's also not forget to blame Lyanna for catching Rhaegar's eye. Or the Whents for hosting the tournament where Lyanna caught said eye. 

Fuck it-- let's not forget to blame Aegon I for coming to Westeros in the first place 

27 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

No, the boar was Cersei’s fault, as Marillion’s rhyme* explains: 

Morbidly-torpidly 
Robert Baratheon 
Drank till he couldn’t sit 
Straight on his horse. 

Sought to increase his reign’s 
Respectability: 
Married a bitch, so she 
Killed him of course.

* just kidding, that was mine

13 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Yeah it's all Rhaegar's fault... I keep forgetting. 

Sooth milady, truer words were never spoken than thine. 

Dracally-whackally 
Rhaegar Targaryen
Thought he was born of the 
Dragon’s own blood. 

Went to the Trident, then 
Apocalyptically 
Fell ’neath the hammer and 
Drowned in the flood.

19 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sooth milady, truer words were never spoken than thine. 

Dracally-whackally 
Rhaegar Targaryen
Thought he was born of the 
Dragon’s own blood. 

Went to the Trident, then 
Apocalyptically 
Fell ’neath the hammer and 
Drowned in the flood.

That's like awesome poetry, you know, but like so sad. Like, Cercei was like a total bitch, but she was like right that the wrong guy came back from the Trident, you know. Because like Rhaegar is total bae. He was like such an awesome guy with... ah, harp swag and... the rubies on his armor were like... so... on fleek.  

Spoiler

Your readership's tree has a joke setting, I trust.

So does anyone think Davos is going to have a confrontation with Mel next episode? I noticed at the end when they are all in the castle, Davos was holding the stag and looking very pissed, then they pan up to what he is looking at and its Mel standing in the window. I sense a great disturbance in the force coming next episode.

Archived