Is the romance between aunt and nephew the incest in Westeros?

Debra Morgan

1 minute ago, Nami said:

She's his Nissa Nissa. He will have to sacrifice her to win the war against the WW.

This is very likely. 

I also think that he may not literally plunge a sword into her, but that she might end up dying in childbirth. Although I hate that ending for her -- both Jon and Dany's mothers died in childbirth or shortly thereafter. 

9 minutes ago, Liz Stark-Targaryen said:

Yes, same -- I think one or both may fall to save the world (cue Jon and Dany haters' gags!).

But in the meantime, in between time, they can have a little fun. :P

Poor Jon deserves a little fun (at least Dany had Daario) and a skill like the Lord's Kiss should not go to waste!

10 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Me neither. I love them both but they should be happy that they are family. 

Now if Aegon is real than I'm all for Aegon and Daenerys. 

What's the difference between Jon x Daenerys and Aegon(if-he's-really-Aegon-son-of-Rhaegar) x Daenerys?

I don't see why a rAegon x Daenerys is okay but Jon x Daenerys wouldn't be.

9 minutes ago, Kytheros said:

What's the difference between Jon x Daenerys and Aegon(if-he's-really-Aegon-son-of-Rhaegar) x Daenerys?

I don't see why a rAegon x Daenerys is okay but Jon x Daenerys wouldn't be.

Because I don't want Jon to marry or sit on the throne. And Jon is not like that, marrying his family. 

Aegon and Dany would marry their relatives cause they grew up with knowing that Targs do that and that they're Targs, Jon didn't. 

5 hours ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Also, if this type of relationship were acceptable, IMO Sansa or Arya would have been betrothed/married to Edmure.

No. There's a really big age gap that must be considered, and under normal circumstances it *would* be considered. Especially since there never was such an urgent necessity to cement an alliance between Stark and Tully (given that the already existing family ties are still good enough) so that they*have* to arrange such a marriage that would have Edmure wait until his late thirties to have an heir, and aimlessly spend the potential of new alliences that a marriage to Sansa / Arya may present.

ETA - Actually, it seems that the only political reason for such marriages is to reconcile conlficting claims, otherwise (normally) the tie is strong enough to make such unions a waste (politically speaking) - and that would explain their quite rare occurrence.

6 hours ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

No. There's a really big age gap that must be considered, and under normal circumstances it *would* be considered. Especially since there never was such an urgent necessity to cement an alliance between Stark and Tully (given that the already existing family ties are still good enough) so that they*have* to arrange such a marriage that would have Edmure wait until his late thirties to have an heir, and aimlessly spend the potential of new alliences that a marriage to Sansa / Arya may present.

ETA - Actually, it seems that the only political reason for such marriages is to reconcile conlficting claims, otherwise (normally) the tie is strong enough to make such unions a waste (politically speaking) - and that would explain their quite rare occurrence.

They wouldn't have edmure wait, but he didn't get married anyway. Sansa is old enough to be married by the time edmure marries the Frey girl, so in another universe where Jon Arryn isn't poisoned and sansa isn't betrothed to joffrey, I think they would have. Her kids would have been heir to the riverlands. Her husband would have been a Lord paramount. Sansa would have loved it. It isn't like they needed alliances. They're so isolated in the north.

Unless somebody else mentioned it, Rhaenyra in the Dance Of the Dragons was married to her uncle wasn't she, a Daemon I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. We can't compare it to our modern real world values can we.. I had an aunt who was of a similar age to me when I was a kid, and she used to say she wanted to marry me haaha.. Just as an aside

On 7/1/2016 at 10:36 AM, Debra Morgan said:

It is interesting for me is the romance between aunt/uncle and nephew/neice considered as incest for people in Westeros (not Targaryens)? Is it  normal for them or not?

The faith of the seven are definitely against incest of any kind, even when targaryens do it, although i think cousin to cousin is ok in their eyes. Many westerosi follow the faith, so it's not seen as good by the general population. However, people with power tend to get away with a lot of things, so it's much more common for royalty. 

On 7/1/2016 at 0:32 PM, Universal Sword Donor said:

Kinda like Prince Daemon and Princess Rhaenyra?

Spoilers for the princess and the queen

Spoiler

yeah, that situation was super creepy. He was trying to get to rhaenyra long before she was actually available. And they had a deformed stunted twisted stillborn baby, which seems to me is a product of incest, since it's common among targs. not to mention, they hung out all the time when she was young. He was her favorite person. mushroom says he took her maidenhead, thats about as creepy as it gets.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:33 PM, Nami said:

Honestly it's a taboo but Targs were doing it and no one cared as long as they kept their own privileges.

The faith cared, but they never really stopped it from happening, although they tried.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:51 PM, fenr1s said:

The more I learn about this Hitler guy the less I care for him.

Lol

Archived