Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

11 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

King of the North lets a guy who framed his sister for regicide and sold her to the Boltons have a guest room.

Nope. Makes no sense. At minimum (unrealistic option) he'd be imprisioned. Realistic option, he'd be dead.

The entire countryside and surrounding world that is in any way sympathetic to the Starks would say GOOD RIDDANCE.

He tried to give the Boltons an heir. He put a price on the head of a Stark (that's still there).

LF's continued existance on this show diminishes the credibility of the show runners on top of all the other plot holes. He may have the thickest plot armor to date on this show.

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sweet Robin is not there to save his ass, not that he could in Winterfell if he were there.  No risk to Jon and Sansa, the Vale troops can bare whitness to Sansa, Royce, Briene etc. Sweet Robin seemingly was emasculated, usurped and abandoned in TKITN scene last season.

But the Vale soldiers who received their orders from Robin are. The Knights of the Vale are extremely loyal to the Arryns and won't betray Robin's trust. And if Robin was there, he most certainly could do something. He could order his Vale soldiers to stop Jon. Or, if he can't in time, he can either order his men to attack the northerners or take his men back to the Eyrie. This is no different from the Freys abandoning Robb when he broke his oath or the Karstarks abandoning Robb when he beheaded their lord. Robb and Jon are only their kings as long as they serve their interests.

53 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

If LF is executed in Winterfell for lying about how Sansa ended up as Lady Bolton (there are other reasons to kill him too like murdering Joff and framing Sansa), do you thing Sweet Robin is going to go balistic and call for everyone up there or anyone for that matter to be thrown out the Moon Door. 

Sansa suffered needlessly when she could have just rode up with the Vale Army either to help Stannis or to take Winterfell in her name this season. The "get Cersie's permission" to move the Vale forces is laughable as the Vale has been acting autonomously since Season 1.

Well ,you cannot execute someone who just saved your ass. Sorry, but that's not how things work. Not to mention that LF can use Sansa, who has an ambition. In her eyes he mightve made up for it partially by helping them. That's how naive she might be blind to his schemes instead of getting rid of him. Jon is not gonna kill him or so, because while he sold his sister still he saved them. One god act does not equal another bad but still you see the point here.

He has SweetRobin wrapped around his finger, same with Royce and Sansa. Jon has in idea about him but he has a war to win, while he hates him but still saved them. Arya is the wild card here, she has no reason to believe hoim, is always suspicious and he did not saved her.

56 minutes ago, Newstar said:

It's a possibility. TV Tyrion at least doesn't seem like the type to let resentment over Dany not being in love with him boil over into a betrayal; I think he has too much self-awareness for that. It's not as if Dany has ever falsely led him to believe she was in love with him. If and when Tyrion turns on Dany, it will likely be because he thinks she's too much of a liability or because she has done something he considers unforgivable.

I thought it mightt lead him to bertray Dany for Jaime but Jaime and Tyrion are not on good terms. Other than that love or unrequited love. Daario was a candidate but it might be saved for someone else, bigger narrative purpose. Like putting Jon at risk, eleminating him or doing something other than that involving Jon. He is someone Dany is supposed to be falling in love,so by hurting him, he can punish her.

2 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

But the Vale soldiers who received their orders from Robin are. The Knights of the Vale are extremely loyal to the Arryns and won't betray Robin's trust. And if Robin was there, he most certainly could do something. He could order his Vale soldiers to stop Jon. Or, if he can't in time, he can either order his men to attack the northerners or take his men back to the Eyrie. This is no different from the Freys abandoning Robb when he broke his oath or the Karstarks abandoning Robb when he beheaded their lord. Robb and Jon are only their kings as long as they serve their interests.

Nope

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Well ,you cannot execute someone who just saved your ass. Sorry, but that's not how things work. Not to mention that LF can use Sansa, who has an ambition. In her eyes he mightve made up for it partially by helping them. That's how naive she might be blind to his schemes instead of getting rid of him. Jon is not gonna kill him or so, because while he sold his sister still he saved them. One god act does not equal another bad but still you see the point here.

He has SweetRobin wrapped around his finger, same with Royce and Sansa. Jon has in idea about him but he has a war to win, while he hates him but still saved them. Arya is the wild card here, she has no reason to believe hoim, is always suspicious and he did not saved her.

Nope #2

This is getting off the rails from the original OP. someone thinking Dany would be possibly into a Dwarf from the family that ordered and carried out the death of half of hers (her Dad, Sister in Law, Niece and Nephew) so I will comment further on this if need be on the season 7 speculations.

26 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

This is getting off the rails from the original OP. someone thinking Dany would be possibly into a Dwarf from the family that ordered and carried out the death of half of hers (her Dad, Sister in Law, Niece and Nephew) so I will comment further on this if need be on the season 7 speculations.

If Tyrion's family history proved no obstacle to making him her Hand and her most trusted advisor, it would prove no obstacle to a romantic relationship. I don't think Dany would ever go there for other, more obvious reasons, but Tyrion's family history has nothing to do with it.

Also, Dany has acknowledged that her father was evil as well: "Our fathers were evil men, all of us here."

Yeah, we're getting off topic.

2 minutes ago, Newstar said:

If Tyrion's family history proved no obstacle to making him her Hand and her most trusted advisor, it would prove no obstacle to a romantic relationship. I don't think Dany would ever go there for other, more obvious reasons, but Tyrion's family history has nothing to do with it.

Also, Dany has acknowledged that her father was evil as well: "Our fathers were evil men, all of us here."

Jon's family  helped dethrone hers and sent her to exile. Yet, Dany will hardly judge Jon based on that. She took Tyrion to her services despite him being a Lannister, without knowing him that much.

@Newstar  Do you remember Dany asking Tyrion why he killed his father during their first meeting. He said that one day he'll tell her but they're need more  wine than this. What if even then show has started to hint at something. Tywin was fucking Shae, woman Tyrion loved. If Tyrion is in love with Dany, Jon mighr be an obstacle. I might be look too much into this but what if showed hinted at it.

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

@Newstar  Do you remember Dany asking Tyrion why he killed his father during their first meeting. He said that one day he'll tell her but they're need more  wine than this. What if even then show has started to hint at something. Tywin was fucking Shae, woman Tyrion loved. If Tyrion is in love with Dany, Jon mighr be an obstacle. I might be look too much into this but what if showed hinted at it.

If Jon was someone who had spent Tyrion's lifetime antagonizing and mistreating Tyrion, maybe, but Tyrion already knows, likes and respects Jon. It's important to remember that Tyrion didn't just kill Tywin because he was fucking Shae: it was the culmination of a lifetime of Tyrion being hated by Tywin. If Tyrion had stumbled upon some random dude having sex with Shae instead of Tywin, do you really think Tyrion would have murdered him?

If Jon's only "crime" in Tyrion's eyes is falling in love with Dany, Tyrion won't do anything about it. Tyrion seemed pretty unconcerned about Daario except as an obstacle to Dany's ambitions in Westeros, after all.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Setting up a bertrayal?

Well, the mount can mean a person or something connecting tis to a person. Like Silver leading her to Drogo, Drogo/Meereen and Hizdar and Ghost to Jon. More common interpretation is that these symbolize three men, three marriages and three important individuals for her.

Wait...what??  You think the 3 mounts are maybe..Silver, Drogo and some combination of Hizdar and Ghost??  By ""Drogo" did you by any chance mean "Drogon"?  Cuz I'm really confused by the "Drogo/Meereen" reference you made, as well as other stuff there.  (I'm not splitting hairs or playing semantical games here, I honestly do not know what you mean by that.)

One to bed was Drodo who happend to be herfirst marriage.

One to dread was probably as far as show goes Hizdar, dreading this marriag and keeping peace in Meereen.

One to love will be someone Dany will choose to marry and be with, however long that might be. It's something that will come, once she reaches Westeros as her next chapter in her life.

So...Daario just gets skipped over?  Even though Dany has had a very substantial relationship with him in books and show, and he was the third man she had sex with?  Maybe, I guess.

Jaime and Cersei is incest but this is brother and sister, a lot worse than aunt/nephew, uncle/niece or cousin/cousin which are tolerable. Also, the Targaryens are special and they have their own rules and dragons. They've been able to control things with them. Once dragons started to die out, their control become less and less. If Dany still has dragons, she can enforce things, If not, then things are harder. Rhaegar wished he had dragons and RR would've been dealt with much easier, Aerys might have been replaced with him and the whole story could've ben diferent.

Starks did incest to a certain extent and these marriages were normal. Most of Targaryen madness are combinations of genes and upbringing or certain events like witth Aerys Duskendale.

I could be wrong, I've never in my life claimed to be perfect, but as far as I know all forms of "acceptable" incest in GoT/ASOIAF are antiquated, obsolete and taboo, not contemporary and accepted.  But hey, maybe I'm overlooking and forgetting something, I've never once claimed to be perfect.  If someone has specific information about non-Targaryens in such relationships that are "accepted" in recent Westeros history, I'd be very interested to hear about it.  I'm not saying I don't believe you, you may be 100% correct, but I think that, so far, all I've heard for support of his is very vague references to unnamed people at an undetermined time in the past.

Once again, though, to be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I can't identify such situations offhand.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

his rapid elevation is a show device that is one of the more bewildering plots but no, even for this show they are not going to bang. I am pretty certain of that. I would even go so far as to say that Dead Gay Loras would have a better chance at banging Dany than the Imp.

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

If Jon was someone who had spent Tyrion's lifetime antagonizing and mistreating Tyrion, maybe, but Tyrion already knows, likes and respects Jon. It's important to remember that Tyrion didn't just kill Tywin because he was fucking Shae: it was the culmination of a lifetime of Tyrion being hated by Tywin. If Tyrion had stumbled upon some random dude having sex with Shae instead of Tywin, do you really think Tyrion would have murdered him?

If Jon's only "crime" in Tyrion's eyes is falling in love with Dany, Tyrion won't do anything about it. Tyrion seemed pretty unconcerned about Daario except as an obstacle to Dany's ambitions in Westeros, after all.

You never know what love can do to you. Jorah never did anything but Tyrion? I mean it has to be there for a reason, not again Jorah situation of someone in love with her, devoted to serve her. More controversy and while he might like Jon, I have my doubts over that. Tyrion might view Jon as a threat to Dany, if Jon is indeed legit. It might not be physically hurting Jon but emotionally in another way. It  will not be rosey for Jon and Dany and many obstacles.

Tyrion knew Daario is below Dany but Jon is a threat on many levels.

2 hours ago, Cron said:

Wait...what??  You think the 3 mounts are maybe..Silver, Drogo and some combination of Hizdar and Ghost??  By ""Drogo" did you by any chance mean "Drogon"?  Cuz I'm really confused by the "Drogo/Meereen" reference you made, as well as other stuff there.  (I'm not splitting hairs or playing semantical games here, I honestly do not know what you mean by that.)

Three mounts could literally represent three animals Silver, Drogon and Ghost kind of symbolic to Drogo, Hizdar and Jon. Or it could mean literally these three characters.

So...Daario just gets skipped over?  Even though Dany has had a very substantial relationship with him in books and show, and he was the third man she had sex with?  Maybe, I guess.

It doesn't matter he was the third she had a sex with and their relationship was just that a need, sex. At least as far as show goes. 

One to bed , dread and love represent not only sexual partners but marriages most likely, three important people and thrid one connects Jon to her more than anybody.

I could be wrong, I've never in my life claimed to be perfect, but as far as I know all forms of "acceptable" incest in GoT/ASOIAF are antiquated, obsolete and taboo, not contemporary and accepted.  But hey, maybe I'm overlooking and forgetting something, I've never once claimed to be perfect.  If someone has specific information about non-Targaryens in such relationships that are "accepted" in recent Westeros history, I'd be very interested to hear about it.  I'm not saying I don't believe you, you may be 100% correct, but I think that, so far, all I've heard for support of his is very vague references to unnamed people at an undetermined time in the past.

Not all incest is taboo, obselete or forbidden. Ned's parents were married and nobody had a thing against it, same for Tywin and Joanna to certain extent, It happened in the story outise of the Targaryens. There are special scenarios where people accept it. Smallfolk do not care for it, lords would accept it. They might even accept Jon and Arya or Sansa.

22 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

You never know what love can do to you. Jorah never did anything but Tyrion? I mean it has to be there for a reason, not again Jorah situation of someone in love with her, devoted to serve her. More controversy and while he might like Jon, I have my doubts over that. Tyrion might view Jon as a threat to Dany, if Jon is indeed legit. It might not be physically hurting Jon but emotionally in another way. It  will not be rosey for Jon and Dany and many obstacles.

Tyrion knew Daario is below Dany but Jon is a threat on many levels.

I don't think there's anything in the show to support the idea that Tyrion would hurt Jon out of pique that Dany chose Jon over him. Indeed, Tyrion would likely be a staunch supporter of Jon and Dany's potential union, since he could see the political sense in it and would welcome someone who could moderate Dany's more destructive side. Jon is already someone he likes and respects, so Dany and Jon hooking up would be a win-win as far as Tyrion would be concerned. And as for himself? Tyrion is accustomed to romantic disappointment, so no harm, no foul.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Setting up a bertrayal?

Well, the mount can mean a person or something connecting tis to a person. Like Silver leading her to Drogo, Drogo/Meereen and Hizdar and Ghost to Jon. More common interpretation is that these symbolize three men, three marriages and three important individuals for her.

One to bed was Drodo who happend to be herfirst marriage.

One to dread was probably as far as show goes Hizdar, dreading this marriag and keeping peace in Meereen.

One to love will be someone Dany will choose to marry and be with, however long that might be. It's something that will come, once she reaches Westeros as her next chapter in her life.

I like this theory but I don't see Tyrion becoming an antagonist. 

9 hours ago, Newstar said:

I don't think there's anything in the show to support the idea that Tyrion would hurt Jon out of pique that Dany chose Jon over him. Indeed, Tyrion would likely be a staunch supporter of Jon and Dany's potential union, since he could see the political sense in it and would welcome someone who could moderate Dany's more destructive side. Jon is already someone he likes and respects, so Dany and Jon hooking up would be a win-win as far as Tyrion would be concerned. And as for himself? Tyrion is accustomed to romantic disappointment, so no harm, no foul.

Show is not outright saying it, so this is all speculation just like Tyrion's affections towards Dany,  but if Tyrion is just like Jorah, then what's the point of it? We already have someone in love with her, who would never harm her or anyone she loves because he loves her too much for it. If Tyrion truly has a crush on her or develops strong feelings for her, then there has to be some controvesy to it.

Tyrion would accept loveless marriage between Jon and Dany or maybe no marriage at all.

Spoiler

There is no mention of even a proposal of marriage, which would make a plenty of sense given political situation in Westeros, how Cersei and Euron will eliminate part of her allies. Kind of strange because Dany was looking for it. Maybe Tyrion proposed to her, to get Jons support in another form as of kneeling ot her.

Tyrion said it in Meereen while sittting in the throne room, we always choose the wrong woman. Guess who else was there with him Jorah and Daario.

9 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

I like this theory but I don't see Tyrion becoming an antagonist. 

All of them are protagonist   and antagonist of their ownstoris. Tyrion in the books got at points really close to being an antagonist. Far more grey character than in the show.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Show is not outright saying it, so this is all speculation just like Tyrion's affections towards Dany,  but if Tyrion is just like Jorah, then what's the point of it? We already have someone in love with her, who would never harm her or anyone she loves because he loves her too much for it. If Tyrion truly has a crush on her or develops strong feelings for her, then there has to be some controvesy to it.[1]

(...)

Tyrion said it in Meereen while sittting in the throne room, we always choose the wrong woman. Guess who else was there with him Jorah and Daario.[2]

All of them are protagonist   and antagonist of their ownstoris. Tyrion in the books got at points really close to being an antagonist. Far more grey character than in the show.[3]

1. I agree there has to be some narrative point to it, but assuming that Tyrion in love with Dany must mean that Tyrion's going to fuck over Jon and Dany out of revenge that Dany didn't choose him is completely at odds with what we've seen of Tyrion so far.

2. And neither Jorah nor Daario getting spurned by Dany led them to move against her or try to hurt her, so there's no reason to believe that that would motivate Tyrion.

3. All indications in the books are that Tyrion will turn it around. The show just cut out the dabbling with villainy part from Tyrion's Meereen arc and cut straight to Tyrion being functional again.

Archived