Little Things You Want in Season 7

dsug

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

LOL. Each year I want also Ghost do somethings. I will admit my wishes are a bit more violent than yours... 

I really do not want Jon to kneel for Dany. If he is KitN, it means he is identifying himself as a Stark. And I don't want to see any Stark kneeling before a Targaryens, or at least not until Dany apologized for the atrocities committed in the name of her family. And the North (Robb, ...) fought for independence. Jon should not be allowed to give this up without any admittance of the Northern families, who gave up a lot for this independence. 

And I will admit Bran is not someone who believes his rightful place as the heir to the Stark family is worthy enough to create intra-familial fights. However you are actually wrong when you say Bran doesn't care anything about his rights. While he does identify himself as a warg and as a greenseer, he does also identify himself as the Stark in Winterfell and the true heir to Robb. 

A little look : 

• Eight isn't so much younger than fifteen, and I'm the heir to Winterfell, after you."
  • It made Bran feel queer when they called him prince, though he was Robb's heir, and Robb was King in the North now. He turned his head to howl at the guard.
  • He was the Stark in Winterfell, his father's son and his brother's heir, and almost a man grown. 
  • What was he now? Only Bran the broken boy, Brandon of House Stark, prince of a lost kingdom, lord of a burned castle, heir to ruins
  • Prince. The man-sound came into his head suddenly, yet he could feel the rightness of it. Prince of the green, prince of the wolfswood. He was strong and swift and fierce, and all that lived in the good green world went in fear of him. (How is wolf sees himself
  • "Bran," he said sullenly. Bran the Broken. "Brandon Stark." The cripple boy. "The Prince of Winterfell." Of Winterfell burned and tumbled, its people scattered and slain. The glass gardens were smashed, and hot water gushed from the cracked walls to steam beneath the sun. How can you be the prince of someplace you might never see again?
  • He was the Prince of Winterfell, Eddard Stark's son, almost a man grown and a warg too, not some little baby boy like Rickon. Summer would not be afraid. 
  • I'm a prince of the north, a Stark of Winterfell, almost a man grown, I have to be as brave as Robb.
  • He almost did that now, before he remembered that he was a prince, and almost a man grown. 

Yeah, his greatest wish isn't to rule the North. His greatest wish is to be a knight.  But he does believe it is his duty and he does identify himself as a prince. So as a fan of Bran, I just doesn't want to see a part of his identity taken away. 

And I agree with Meera, when she says "You are only a boy, I know, but you are our prince as well, our lord's son and our king's true heir."

(In the end, I will probably be happy if he is used more than just an exposition machine telling the story of Jon's parents.)

Bran is Winterfell... (sort of :P)

At the edge of the wolfswood, Bran turned in his basket for one last glimpse of the castle that had been his life. Wisps of smoke still rose into the grey sky, but no more than might have risen from Winterfell's chimneys on a cold autumn afternoon. Soot stains marked some of the arrow loops, and here and there a crack or a missing merlon could be seen in the curtain wall, but it seemed little enough from this distance. Beyond, the tops of the keeps and towers still stood as they had for hundreds of years, and it was hard to tell that the castle had been sacked and burned at all. The stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I'm not dead either.

It is Brian's And I hope he gets the acknowledgment he deserves from the other characters around him.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Because the North can defend themselves against white walkers, right?

Even Ghost? Like so he can screw up again, and let another direwolf die? Gotcha. Only one who are abandoning Ghost are D&D and their writing. Dragon are apparently more cool. But would love to see Ghost feasting on LF, for betraying Ned.

The show writers have done that. I am not sure those dragons are invincible against the Night's King.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

what a Great post!! It summarises the identity of the North and Bran a Lot.

I would love to see Meera saying "Bran is my Prince/Lord/king" Next season.

Me too! And I hope he will answer with "My Lady". They do it in the books! :wub: (see my sig)

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show writers have done that. I am not sure those dragons are invincible against the Night's King.

They're not. I wish we can see Nymeria and her pack, more Ghost in action. Preferably fighting with Jon as they're connected.

10 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Jon refusing to kneel before Dany and she responds with one word. Dracarys.

A man can dream.

You don't want your fave to be THAT hated.

OT:

Jon's reunion with Arya and Tyrion.

Arya and Bran finally back in Winterfell.

And I want Dany and Jon together for the angst in the plot, and of course, for the giggles and meltdowns.

15 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Unfortunately, the show runners do not "get into" the Direwolves very much and it shows.

Budget and dragons are more important for fight against white walkers. Direwolves are easier to kill by white walkers and their slaves wights. But still hoping Nymeria and her pack will show up for the battle.

Just now, dsug said:

i want cersei to get a new hairstyle. a little longer. she looks too much like the lady from jon and kate plus 8

So true. Although, rather shorter hair for Cerseu than Margaery's wig last season. That was awful wig.

9 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Budget and dragons are more important for fight against white walkers. Direwolves are easier to kill by white walkers and their slaves wights. But still hoping Nymeria and her pack will show up for the battle.

So true. Although, rather shorter hair for Cerseu than Margaery's wig last season. That was awful wig.

Give her a short little bob, almost marilyn monroe-esque. i've had enough of the turnip.

16 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Sansa's wig is already worse than Margaery's

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

The Direwolves have a story along with their owners/Starks. They were gutted from the "adaptation".

Just now, HanginginWesteros said:

And then in the next scene, she bangs Jon.

For the record, I agree with you--I do like Dany's scenes best with Jorah. I find them very touching. 

Sadly it seems so, yes.

I am biased because I ship Dany and Jorah but I never would if it was thanks to the fact that she does have her best scenes with him.

Archived