Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

Bayern's final pass/cross/shot has been pretty poor. Alaba especially has been wasteful. The goal at least gives us an interesting finish. Real have made this hard for themselves by squandering a few great chances particularly in the first half.

Leicester have equalised as well. At least if they go out, they go out fighting and not with a whimper.

Crazy couple of minutes. Bayern back in business. That was one comical piece of defending by Real.

ETA. That was not a booking. Vidal clearly got the ball but gets sent off. Especially ridiculous when Casemiro gets away with one a few minutes before. It should be Real, not Bayern, down to ten.

Dortmund's GK gifted Monaco the first goal. Yeah, Mendy's shot had power behind it but you would expect a GK at this level to be able to parry that away from the danger area. Dortmund's entire defence looks shaky. One more goal for Monaco should wrap this one up.

ETA. and the 2nd goal has arrived. This one is done. Switching over to Barca/Juve.

Well, this Barca team is somewhat more likely to pull out two or three quick strikes, and then who knows?

Not a very likely scenario in either case. But I still give that Barca side up to 10% to pull it off. While Dortmund just looks done. They need 3 for the extra time, and look more likely to concede again.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Unlikely that Barca will pull off another miracle but they have more of a chance than Dortmund do.

Nah. Dortmund would need to get their act together in a major way but I think it far more likely they can put 3 past Monaco than Barca, or anyone, can put 3 past Juve.

Just now, polishgenius said:

Nah. Dortmund would need to get their act together in a major way but I think it far more likely they can put 3 past Monaco than Barca, or anyone, can put 3 past Juve.

That's the problem though. Dortmund at this stage don't look like they can put three past Monaco and defensively they look rubbish as well so it is more likely that Monaco will get one or two more. While I don't think Barca will go through, the quality of their front three gives them a chance, albeit a small one. Any one of those guys can produce something out of nothing.

Well, Dortmund got one back. How are Barca doing? :P

My opinion is based around the fact that both Dortmund and Monaco exist in a state of barely-controlled chaos and while Monaco are dominant so far they're perfectly capable of collapsing into their own paniced defending and letting Dortmund back in.

Archived