NBA 2017: Take That For Data - MVP Edition

Relic

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

They are. Crowder, Horford and Brown all have skills too. 

But what I realized last night would kill the Celtics against the Cavs is inability to rebound. If they can't keep Gortat and Porter off the boards, good luck against Lebron, Thompson and Love. The Celtics are a really small team and what big men they have are bad rebounders.

I remain astounded this team is the 1 seed in the East and that the Wizards are down 2-1. But just shows how far a team can go with great coaching and a 5'7" guy with absurd self belief. 

Honestly I've been waiting for the lack of rebounding to kill this team every series, and it might have been in the last series except for the Rondo injury and the Bulls giving up.

I have no idea what to expect from this team any more (I am surprised by how great Thomas has been and how bad most of the rest have been). They've exceeded my modest expectations, so it's all just pure entertainment, especially with the extra edge from how much these teams hate each other. I hope Oubre doesn't get suspended. It'll be more fun, and besides, he's something like -40 for the series.

This Raptors/Cavs series is pretty much proof that you can't get anywhere in the postseason without a superstar.  The Raptors made a bunch of moves to try to match up with the Cavs, and the Cavs are just blowing them out with ease.  

Also, LeBron has now won a road playoff game in 28 consecutive playoff series, an NBA record.

9 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And scene. Spurs are back, yo. All this without their veteran Point Guard. Impressive road win. And they insure this one goes to at least 6, which is good news for my Warriors. Tonight I am a San Antonian. Remember the Alamo and all that. 

You've got to be praying for the Rockets. Pop vs. Mike Brown is not where you want to be, methinks. Plus, the corpse of LaMarcus Aldridge was moving pretty well last night, which could be a problem for the Warriors.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

You've got to be praying for the Rockets. Pop vs. Mike Brown is not where you want to be, methinks. Plus, the corpse of LaMarcus Aldridge was moving pretty well last night, which could be a problem for the Warriors.

Not really, just praying for 7. I think both of these teams are capable of beating the Warriors when they are on their A+ games, but if this one goes the distance, and the Warriors wrap up the Jazz early then all the better.

That said I agree as far as there being a coaching disparity. But that's true for everyone vs Pop.  

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That said I agree as far as there being a coaching disparity. But that's true for everyone vs Pop.  

Yeah, but as a Cavs fan, I can attest that Mike Brown is a special kind of stupid.  He's fine when he's only a defensive coach, but he's the most inept person in the world at managing games and rotations.  He's essentially the Peter Principle incarnate. 

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Yeah, but as a Cavs fan, I can attest that Mike Brown is a special kind of stupid.  He's fine when he's only a defensive coach, but he's the most inept person in the world at managing games and rotations.  He's essentially the Peter Principle incarnate. 

Yeah, I'd be much more comfortable if Kerr were running things, for sure. 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'd be much more comfortable if Kerr were running things, for sure. 

I still remember when the Cavs rehired him.  Hell, they're probably still paying him.

Archived