NBA 2017: Take That For Data - MVP Edition

Relic

21 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Jazz seem better without george hill. Their ball movement has been better the last two games than at any point of the Clippers series. 

Hayward and Gobert have both been really good, particularly on the offensive end, but it seems they are about 75% of the Jazz's offense. They need a 3rd piece.

Or a good pass first point guard. They are one of the worst teams in the nba at team assists. Definately the worst of the playoffs. Hill only got about 4 a game, u need more than that from your starter.

They are built for defense so they are one of the lowest scoring teams so low points = low assists but I think they could stand to get another offensive playermaker 

This has been the worst NBA playoffs I can remember. The finals should be good, but the league's best teams all took huge steps back this year outside of Golden State and Cleveland. Some teams that should contend in the future are emerging with Boston, Utah, Milwaukee, but overall just a really bad year from a competition standpoint.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

It's funny now to think back on that lull that Cleveland had and the talk that they had issues.  Seems like they were just find and pacing themselves.

Assuming it is Golden State v. Cleveland it will seem weird and improbable to see Mike Brown head coaching against Cleveland in the finals.

Some teams just deserve the benefit of the doubt. Any team with LeBron on it is a safe bet.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Holy Shit! The Wiz went on a 26-0 run in the 3rd and now hold a 22 point lead in the 4th. Looks like Beal found his shot.

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Looks like Harden is back to his MVP form 19 pts and 8 assists thus far. Rockets hold an 11 point lead about halfway through the 3rd. 70-59 Rockets.

Every time I turn Rockets-Spurs on, the Rockets are just ragdolling 'em. I've somehow missed the other half of the series where the Spurs are in control.

18 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Every time I turn Rockets-Spurs on, the Rockets are just ragdolling 'em. I've somehow missed the other half of the series where the Spurs are in control.

Yeah, they are going to salt this one away easily and even up the series 2-2. The Rockets with a 24 point lead with 3 minutes to go.

This has been a Jekyl and Hyde series for sure.

So apparently Thomas was a bit miffed about being held so much in game 4.  Good thing he never has to play against the Celtics, he would hate it. 

The second round of the playoffs has been a snoozefest thus far, but at least the Wiz-Celtics series is living up to the hype.  The Wizards have come a lot closer to stealing one in Boston than visa versa, but the fact remains that the Celtics still have home court, which has been huge in this series.  Feel like if the Wizards are gonna come out on top in this series, winning game 5 in Boston is going to be easier than winning game 7. 

Plus, for some crazy reason, game 4 was Sunday, then Wednesday/Friday, then if we have a game 7 it's MONDAY.  Why so much waiting?  Why not a nice Sunday night game to decide things? 

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

So apparently Thomas was a bit miffed about being held so much in game 4.  Good thing he never has to play against the Celtics, he would hate it. 

Gotta love him complaining about the officiating when the officials giving him forty free throws a game this year was basically what made him relevant. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Gotta love him complaining about the officiating when the officials giving him forty free throws a game this year was basically what made him relevant. 

Thomas averaged 8.5 free throws per game in the regular season. For reference, Russell Westbrook averaged 10.4. Harden averaged 10.9. Damn refs making Russ and Harden relevant!

Thomas's free throws per game in the Washington series:

Game 1: 7

Game 2: 13

Game 3: 11

Game 4: 0

But sure, it's just the free throws that make him relevant. Why, take away his rash of gimme free throws from Game 2 and he would only have had 41 points. What irrelevance!

Archived