NBA Finals: TRILOGY Edition!!!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That sure didn't happen last year. 

I don't remember the calls being horrid in Games 5 and 7 at Oracle last year. I think Green being out for Game 5 was the biggest factor in that game. I suppose you could say that with Green out, the Cavs probably played a more physical game, and perhaps the refs allowed for the sort of contact that would favor the more physical team. Kind of a similar deal with Bogut being out in Game 7. 

I don't know, I just don't want to court fate here. I just hope they polish these bums off tonight.

Tim Donaghy says the NBA will instruct the officials to force game 6.

:dunno:  People used to say Jose Canseco was crazy for all his cheating allegations in baseball too...

Also, LeBron rumored to be taking his talent to... Orange County?

Wha... Wha... Whaaaaat?  I don't even know how rumors like this get enough steam to be remotely credible.  LBJ is smart... surely he realizes the only way he has been to 7 straight finals is because he was in the East?  And what can playing for LA (possibly the Clippers??!!??) really do for his legacy???

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Also, LeBron rumored to be taking his talent to... Orange County?

Wha... Wha... Whaaaaat?  I don't even know how rumors like this get enough steam to be remotely credible.  LBJ is smart... surely he realizes the only way he has been to 7 straight finals is because he was in the East?  And what can playing for LA (possibly the Clippers??!!??) really do for his legacy???

Don't believe everything you read.  LeBron is going to retire a Cavalier.  My guess is he ends up with an ownership stake of the team shortly after his retirement.  

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I don't remember the calls being horrid in Games 5 and 7 at Oracle last year. I think Green being out for Game 5 was the biggest factor in that game. I suppose you could say that with Green out, the Cavs probably played a more physical game, and perhaps the refs allowed for the sort of contact that would favor the more physical team. Kind of a similar deal with Bogut being out in Game 7. 

I don't know, I just don't want to court fate here. I just hope they polish these bums off tonight.

From my perspective, games 1-4 and games 5-7 were officiated in dramatically different ways, and the shift favored the Cavs in the final 3 games.

13 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Tim Donaghy says the NBA will instruct the officials to force game 6.

:dunno:  People used to say Jose Canseco was crazy for all his cheating allegations in baseball too...

Kind of hard to trust a guy who lost his job for fixing games. That said, it does make sense from an economic standpoint. More games equals more money, of course.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kind of hard to trust a guy who lost his job for fixing games. That said, it does make sense from an economic standpoint. More games equals more money, of course.

Yep, and even if they aren't being instructed to extend the series (and I seriously doubt that they are), there is a subconscious element to this. Refs in any sport can "fix" a game without actually realizing it. 

I think we're just kind of ignoring that NBA reffing has been atrocious for eons now.  Personally, I think all the refs who worked under Stern should be fired and replaced.  I don't trust any of them.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I like Danny Crawford, and he's the senior guy tonight.

Still, I don't trust a single ref who worked for Stern.  Stern was as crooked as they come.  

If you had set up a drinking game prior to the game where you had to take a drink every time Van Gundy and the announce crew said something about how fair the refs were being; there's a real chance you'd be in a coma already.

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If you had set up a drinking game prior to the game where you had to take a drink every time Van Gundy and the announce crew said something about how fair the refs were being; there's a real chance you'd be in a coma already.

Must have gotten a friendly memo from ABC after they spent all last game shitting on the refs.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And LeBron doesn't even bother trying to contest Iggy on the other end. Probably the smart move though. We have us a good one, folks. Both teams really aggressive on both ends.

LeBron can't risk getting in foul trouble.

Archived