HelenaExMachina

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S4 - We Want to Be Here [spoilers]

This episode was excellent and a true return to form for me. Both songs were top notch, lots of wink wink nod nod humour (the whole, “i’m here till the end of the series. Of holidays.” And “Yes Valentines Day seems like a fitting finale...of our series of holidays.” :rofl:) great character moments and I liked more Valencia story. Also that Heather still loves DRAAAAAAAAAAMMMMAAAAAA

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This episode was excellent and a true return to form for me. Both songs were top notch, lots of wink wink nod nod humour (the whole, “i’m here till the end of the series. Of holidays.” And “Yes Valentines Day seems like a fitting finale...of our series of holidays.” :rofl:) great character moments and I liked more Valencia story. Also that Heather still loves DRAAAAAAAAAAMMMMAAAAAA

In season one, Heather disliked drama. I think she said so on the party bus. Her liking DRAAAAAMAAAA only started in season three.

The jokes about the end of the series were indeed funny. 

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I miss the season one theme song too, other Rebecca.

I actually prefer season 2 and 3 theme songs.

Oh wow :rofl: I loved the Cats theme, and had several laugh out loud moments throughout the episode. I guess this is why Jason was included in the opening credits this season.

also enjoyed the throwbacks MESSAGEPOCALYPSE

Seriously, who WAS that woman with a tiny tophat at the Tony awards? :lol:

So, um ... I probably should be more acquainted with the musical Cats to really appreciate what this episode was trying to do, right? I assume there were references I did not get.

White Josh was funny, Nathaniel and Greg befriending each other was an interesting development and I wonder if Greg's plan to reopen his father's restaurant will come to something. I now completely buy New Guy as Greg, so that is working.

What I disliked again was the complete lack of connection between the two storylines. Rebecca/Valencia/Jason/WhiJo/Exes/Cats and Darryl/Bert/Paula/office staff/Father Bro could easily be two completely separated shows at this point. At least they should have Rebecca and Paula talk to each other.

And again disappointed in the lack of Rebecca singing, or any of the main characters really. This season, there have been so many songs by one-off characters (Tucker, cats, Elaine Boosler, cemetery guard) or side characters (Jim, George), but we have only heard one solo by Rebecca. And that was Time to Seize the Day, which was ... not a cuttingly deep illustration of Rebecca's inner life and which I mostly remember by its obviously low production value. Compare that to season one, where she has a solo song in every episode up to 1.07. 1.08 is the first episode where she only sings as part of a group number (California Christmastime), and the first one where she does not sing at all is 1.15 (the one with the dream ghost journey on the plane) - no wait, she even sings about the whale being a metaphor while she practices on stage in the flashbacks, if you want to count that, so she literally sings in all of the episodes. Season 4 is a very different show compared to that.

Meh. :dunno:

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

“I think you know!”

*tail twirl*

Meowwww.

Interesting avatar choice there.

They decided to do more ensemble songs this season. I do also miss the solo numbers though, especially Rebecca 

didnt have a problem with the unconnected storylines though. Rebecca May be the lead but all of these characters have lives outside of her.

inwould like more Paula/Rebecca scenes though

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

They decided to do more ensemble songs this season. I do also miss the solo numbers though, especially Rebecca 

didnt have a problem with the unconnected storylines though. Rebecca May be the lead but all of these characters have lives outside of her.

inwould like more Paula/Rebecca scenes though

Sure they do have their own lives, but this is a TV show, the storylines should be connected in some way. I really like how it is done in the episode with three different car rides, where the characters who are going to go to different directions later interact with each other in the beginning at least, and there is a song to connect them, and common motives (three almost kisses in the end). Here, there just wasn't any connection at all, not even Paula talked to Rebecca. And how is it possible that Nathaniel did not try to stop the stupid argument between Darryl and Bert? He still works there too.

I very much expected a So Maternal reprise or at the very least a callback when Rebecca started to babysit Hebby. Pity that did not happen.

Also, you know what would be logical and would have made Paula's game night funnier? The presence of Tommy Proctor. :P He is really funny, I hope we get to see him in another episode before the end.

Rebecca, Greg ... why why why would you do that in Darryl's living room? I mean, I understand you want to do it, but did you not even think of the possibility of Darryl walking into his own home at any minute? :eek:

ETA: Sports Analogies.

Edited by Buckwheat

I can’t get over the new Greg. It’s so so bad. 

I don’t like the baby storyline, it was resolved way too quickly and I don’t see why it was necessary to get into it in the first place. 

Paula’s party was cute.