U.S. Politics: We're Saying Merry Christmas, Again

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

True. It was probably his mom and dad or something.

LOL! 

Gorka and Bannon, did they seed the audience with shills?  As dishonest as both are, hmmmmm,  news at 11:00.

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Isn't that the group started by Orson Scott Card's shitty gay hating club?

Wikipedia sez, James Dobson and his Family Research Council.  Another shitty gay hating club.

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Gorka's accent is straight out of Evil Central Casting. At least he got the literal definition of a smattering of applause for that statement. The room seemed a bit embarrassed there.

Have a little patience. The day of that statement has not yet come, but we're getting there. After all, as recently as a decade ago, anyone saying anything of the sort even at a low-tier event would have resulted in a major scandal with demands for apologies and similar nonsense whereas today, there is only a modicum of embarrassment and even some applause.

28 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Hmm they have a similar name I think. I know Card's group was at one point funding groups overseas that actually murdered gay people in areas of Africa. Fun guy.

Sounds like a peach, glad I never read his stuff.

Pretty sure I was assigned Ender's Game in middle school.  Didn't read it cuz I was almost as lazy then as I am now.  Little did I know I could have legitimately protested being indoctrinated by such a douche.

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Seventh Son is just a retelling of the guy who founded the Mormon church, (A lot of his stuff is just biblical.book of Mormon rethemes)

Ender's Game is alright. It's hard to look at it now after it went, uh, askew. But I derail.

Seventh Son has a fuckton of Mormon symbolism sprinkled throughout, but the Worldbuilding is pretty fucking cool. I've always been a sucker for historical characters and famous literary characters being worked into the same story as well. (See also: The Alienist or Anno Dracula)

Ender's Game did go off the rails after Speaker for the Dead, no doubt.

Fineman:  The powers that be are underestimating Trump - again:

One of the top minds on the mainstream left predicted confidently to me ― and somewhat dismissively ― that Trump would not seek a second term, should he not be impeached and convicted.

Maybe. But Trump’s father, who belittled him while repeatedly demanding that he grow up to be a “killer” and a “king,” died at the age of 93. Donald will be 74 in 2020. And he already thinks he is a king.

26 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Seventh Son has a fuckton of Mormon symbolism sprinkled throughout, but the Worldbuilding is pretty fucking cool. I've always been a sucker for historical characters and famous literary characters being worked into the same story as well. (See also: The Alienist or Anno Dracula)

Ender's Game did go off the rails after Speaker for the Dead, no doubt.

I don't remember the first Seventh Son book to be honest, I read it so long ago, but it also goes off the rails.

15 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't remember the first Seventh Son book to be honest, I read it so long ago, but it also goes off the rails.

The first five books were solid for me. The latest (The Crystal City) was crap, much like anything he's written over the last decade or so. 

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/13/donald-trump-pledges-to-hate-group-that-homophobes-will-no-longer-be-silenced/1/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=ETFB&utm_campaign=portal&utm_content=inf_17_60_2&tse_id=INF_89ae6600b03611e78240a3a6bbddd67d

Donald Trump tells hate group that homophobes will ‘no longer be silenced’

Donald Trump has become the first president to address the conference of a recognised anti-LGBT hate group.

Trump addressed the Family Research Council’s Values Voter Summit – classed as a “hate group” – as he told the crowds their anti-LGBT views would “no longer be silenced”.

Among those in the crowd were white supremacists, far-right activists and religious extremists who oppose the equality of LGBT people.

Arriving at the event, Trump said it was great “to be among friends” as he declared: “We are returning moral clarity to our view of the world.”

Please tell me this is a satire site?

Archived