Annual BwB Worldcon Gathering - LACon 2006

I'm definitely a definite, by the way. 100% committed to going. I've been boring all my friends about this for nearly a year, no way I'm missing it. So looking forward to meeting old friends and new. :)

I'm definitely a definite, by the way. 100% committed to going. I've been boring all my friends about this for nearly a year, no way I'm missing it. So looking forward to meeting old friends and new. :)

I cant wait to finally meet you Soph!!!!! You are coming in Tuesday right?

Zollo,

Valuables have to be checked in? Is this from Swedish airports, or?

Electronics are ony banned from flights originating from the UK. In the USA electronics are fine, but any liquids, creams, pastes and thing similar in composition must be checked inside the belly of the aircraft. Hopefully this will last only a couple of weeks and then new changes would have been implemented. And by the way, any type of fluids bought inside the checkpoints, i.e the departure gate, must be consumed prior to boarding the airplane.

I cant wait to finally meet you Soph!!!!! You are coming in Tuesday right?

This is going to be wild! Yes :D Arrive late on Tues after long flight drinking with other eurocommies, so probably won't be compos mentis until Wednesday. :P

Jon, when you get to the Con, bring photo ID and your Con ID# to registration and they will print out your Con Badge there.

I recommend getting the lanyard instead of the clip on since it's less likely to get lost.

You also choose what name you want on your Badge at that time. You can use your real name, board name, neither, or a combo of both.

At *some* Worldcons, you would have to make a special request (most of the time *before* you arrive at the con) to have something other than your real name on your badge... Just a "heads up"...

I did something dumb! I thought WorldCon was the following weekend, and invited a friend to visit during the week of the con.

I'm still going to be there, but I'll probably just be around for the parties (and to help out with those parties) rather than for all the shenanigans. It's awkward because my guest speaks very little English, and isn't really a big fantasy/sci-fi fan. I'll drag her along anyway, more than likely. To top it off, my roommates are throwing a party at my house Friday night - which i will also miss.

If only I lived closer to the convention. I could go out to dinner, and be all "Yeah baby, let me just go to the restroom" - then dash home, say hello at the party... then back to the restaraunt. "Oh, I forgot to wash my hands..." -zoom over to the convention center.

I did something dumb! I thought WorldCon was the following weekend, and invited a friend to visit during the week of the con.

I'm still going to be there, but I'll probably just be around for the parties (and to help out with those parties) rather than for all the shenanigans. It's awkward because my guest speaks very little English, and isn't really a big fantasy/sci-fi fan. I'll drag her along anyway, more than likely.

What language(s) does she speak?

So after being out of work due to injuries and realizing that I couldnt make it to LA, and being heart broken, and telling myself that I was going to go no matter what, one week left and I *might* actually be able to make it to LA. I called in a fav. to an old (not crazy) room mate and he said that he is 98% sure that he will be able to buy me a ticket as of Thursday. Thing is, I will be coming out there is almost nothing, and no place to stay, no money for a room, and barely enough to eat. So, I hope that the beaches are warm because its going to be me and my backpack for Friday Saturday and part of Sunday. But at least I will be there :) Now I just need to cross my fingers and hope that he comes through for me, hes pretty much my last hope.

Pod--This isn't the first time I've seen you mention that "We haven't lost anyone at a con yet". Don't you know you're tempting fate when you do that?!? You're gonna get lost, and then who will we blame for everything? And who will Rhelley marry in Mexico? :P

Archived