Robb's plan

Kandrax

1 hour ago, The hairy bear said:

Is it possible that, seeing everything lost, Cersei ordered Sansa's execution? It could happen, I guess, but we can't blame Robb for not foreseeing Cersei's madness. And even if Cersei really went to such extremes, it's far from sure that people would have carried on her orders (for instance, Ilyn Payne may think that instead of beheading Sansa, it would be a better idea to disobey and try to deliver her to Stannis in exchange for his own life).

It’s perfectly possible. Cersei has Ilyn Payne right there to kill them all.

3 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

It’s perfectly possible. Cersei has Ilyn Payne right there to kill them all.

Yeah. And I was saying, I have serious doubts that Ilyn would carry on that order. If the Red Keep was falling, everyone would know that Cersei was a goner, so she could be disobeyed without fear from repercussions. Whoever killed Sansa would ensure he would go down with Cersei and forsake any hope of survival.

4 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

Yeah. And I was saying, I have serious doubts that Ilyn would carry on that order. If the Red Keep was falling, everyone would know that Cersei was a goner, so she could be disobeyed without fear from repercussions. Whoever killed Sansa would ensure he would go down with Cersei and forsake any hope of survival.

Depends. We don’t know what’s in Ilyn’s head since he can’t write or speak.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:05 PM, Free Northman Reborn said:

My impression was that Sansa was not really a priority at that point. Wasn’t it implied earlier that it was not strategically worhhwhile to exchange Jaime for Sansa as Jaime was more valuable as a captive, strategically?

So I don’t think Sansa’s fate influenced decisions that could bring victory in the war.

Thats what the Northern Lords thought. Obviously Cat felt different. Robb in hindsight agreed, wishing he could have married her to Tyrell.

Tywin and Petyr (probably Cersei) knew Sansas worth in Westeros, even if Stannis didnt. 

I think every second Sansa was a hostage Robb was endangering her. Its a wonder she survived Joffrey

Archived