Quentyn is fake, his death is not

Doran really cares about his family. I always find it too suspicious that he sent Quentyn to Yronwoods and Daenerys. Maybe he didn't. He could send him to Norvos with his wife and give Yronwoods fake Quentyn (one of the  boys in Water Gardens). Or he could keep real Quentyn among children in Water Gardens which explains why he keeps watching these children.

9 minutes ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Doran really cares about his family. I always find it too suspicious that he sent Quentyn to Yronwoods and Daenerys. Maybe he didn't. He could send him to Norvos with his wife and give Yronwoods fake Quentyn (one of the  boys in Water Gardens). Or he could keep real Quentyn among children in Water Gardens which explains why he keeps watching these children.

He sent him to the Yronwoods because he needed to heal the rift created by Oberyns duel.

He sent him to Dany because he wanted to form an alliance with the Targaryens and restore them to the throne.

He does love his children, but in that world, children of lords and princes aren't just little darlings to be sheltered. They're political animals.

2 minutes ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Jaime knows how to fight but Quentyn doesn't know how to plot.

Jaime learned on the job. The 7k are littered with squires who were slower learners. 

My point is that children of great lords are lobbed into the game young. They aren't sheltered like we do with our own children. 

23 minutes ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

this, while not to the degree of euron, benjen or dario beng  everyone else, is still a huge reach and is totally unsupported, bordering on fan fic 

18 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

this, while not to the degree of euron, benjen or dario beng  everyone else, is still a huge reach and is totally unsupported, bordering on fan fic 

I like to imagine a scenario where everyone's "theory" that X is not really X he's actually Y are all true.

Take a step back and imagine that, and you can see how absurd these theories are.

24 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I like to imagine a scenario where everyone's "theory" that X is not really X he's actually Y are all true.

Take a step back and imagine that, and you can see how absurd these theories are.

its like people read the books and then feel the need to rewrite them 

1 hour ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

And what's the grand plan?

Doran lets Dany marry fQuent and watches his chance to get his grandchild on the IT usurped by his own fake? Or he shouts out 'only kidding' at the wedding, and switches out the bridegroom at the last minute, hoping that dragons have a better understanding of guest right than weasels do?

1 hour ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Many readers understood that Robb's going to die because he didn't have POV chapters. This time GRRM didn't give a chance for any hint.

I mean we probably wouldn't get a Quentyn POV if he was a fake Quentyn. Calling Quentyn a fake feels like one of those "Its been over 7 years since the last book came out, we need something else to discuss" topics.

4 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Curious as to who you think our Quentyn might be?  I've got a theory that the "end" to Quentyn's story arc may be one of the most significant happening in the series.

2 hours ago, Rufus Snow said:

And what's the grand plan?

Doran lets Dany marry fQuent and watches his chance to get his grandchild on the IT usurped by his own fake? Or he shouts out 'only kidding' at the wedding, and switches out the bridegroom at the last minute, hoping that dragons have a better understanding of guest right than weasels do?

There is logic in this comment.  Sending a fake to marry the most powerful person in the world is not going to help Doran's family put theirs on the throne.  No, Doran sent his true son to the most powerful person in the world because he expected to create a strong bond of alliance with The Dragon Queen.  

4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Quentyn believed he was Quentyn.  Doran loves his family so much so that he is blind to their faults.  

There is logic here as well.  The sharp reader can see all of Quentyn's faults but a father may be blind enough not to see those flaws.  They do share the same resemblance.  Doran's sunglasses keeps him from seeing his son's lack of handsomeness.  

Archived