TRAVELERS season 3; now really a Netflix original [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I1) It's established early on that the Director can only send a Traveler as far back as the most recent Traveler. This is probably in order to main the same timeline. In the episodes with the skydivers, after the first one failed, the second one was sent like a millisecond or so after, overwriting not the original person, but the previous Traveler. This is what exhausted the host body. Thus a number of Travelers, 16?, were killed until that mission was successful. Kinda defeats the purpose of saving humans, if you're gonna kill Traveler after Traveler. But for that mission it was important to so so, up to a certain point; and if the mute bodyguard hadn't fucked up and murdered the truck driver, thus providing an additional host for the Director to use, it's likely the Director would have to abandon that timeline right there and then.

I deleted some text to save space.

I guess I was just zoned out when watching but I thought the director did the truck driver twice. If so based on bold, once it did the truck driver the first time it couldn't go back to the sky diver again?

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I guess I was just zoned out when watching but I thought the director did the truck driver twice. If so based on bold, once it did the truck driver the first time it couldn't go back to the sky diver again?

That sounds right yeah. Id need to watch again to confirm thats how it played out.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, I'd have to re-watch, but I'd like to say it was only once

On 12/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, Corvinus said:

I know there a few people watching this. The only thread I've found is archived, so I thought to start a new one.

I'll start watching tonight. I am excited for this show.

What is the plot/premise of this show?, I'm quite intrigued as another poster mentioned Continumm which I found mostly enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

What is the plot/premise of this show?, I'm quite intrigued as another poster mentioned Continumm which I found mostly enjoyable.

People from the future travel to the present in secret to save the world. The time travel takes place by replacing a person's consciousness with the person from the future. Because of that, the Travelers only take over the body of a person who died (usually in an accident or murder) right before the moment of their deaths. The Travelers do missions sent to them by the Director, while juggling the lives of the identities they've taken over, so character wise, I found the show to be really strong.

Like Continuum, it's a Canadian show, and you'll recognize a number of actors; also, if you watched the Stargate shows and Battlestar Galactica. Brad Wright, one of the original Stargate showrunners is the creator of the show.

You might have seen, just above, the show got cancelled, but season 3 had a good enough ending to call it a series end, so it's still worth the watch.

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

People from the future travel to the present in secret to save the world. The time travel takes place by replacing a person's consciousness with the person from the future. Because of that, the Travelers only take over the body of a person who died (usually in an accident or murder) right before the moment of their deaths. The Travelers do missions sent to them by the Director, while juggling the lives of the identities they've taken over, so character wise, I found the show to be really strong.

Like Continuum, it's a Canadian show, and you'll recognize a number of actors; also, if you watched the Stargate shows and Battlestar Galactica. Brad Wright, one of the original Stargate showrunners is the creator of the show.

You might have seen, just above, the show got cancelled, but season 3 had a good enough ending to call it a series end, so it's still worth the watch.

Thanks :), it does sound quite interesting, I'm going to put it on my to watch list, I did watch SG1 and I started BSG but I never finished it, got about 10 Episodes in IIRC, must finish that one day too!.

Archived