Aquaman surely deserves its own spoiler topic, right? Anyone?

Bastard of Boston

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

That is an entirely indefensible statement and I demand a retraction. You did NOT "like" the 'Ghostbusters: Queef Edition' I know because I'm telling you that you didn't like it.

Yes, yes I did.  At least until the last part, which like the last sections of all blockbuster superhero blahblahblahs is stupid and goes on forever and is way too loud.

I did like it though and this is why:

Melissa McCarthy
Kristen Wiig
Kate McKinnon
Leslie Jones
Charles Dance
Michael Kenneth Williams
Chris Hemsworth

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Yes, yes I did.  At least until the last part, which like the last sections of all blockbuster superhero blahblahblahs is stupid and goes on forever and is way too loud.

I did like it though and this is why:

Melissa McCarthy
Kristen Wiig
Kate McKinnon
Leslie Jones
Charles Dance
Michael Kenneth Williams
Chris Hemsworth

I didn't see it, I'm just giving you shit.

Although the clips and spots of the thing I saw did indeed look hideous, I'll let you have this one...

FOR NOW 

Ghosbusters female edition was complete crap, but this is an Aquaman thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Thinking about it more, I'd say King Orm is a fairly complete villain, and in that regard Aquaman > Wonder Woman, since Ares wasn't much of a villain.

Orm, similar to Thanos, has a pretty valid reason for doing all that he's doing. (really, probably better than Thanos, because ocean pollution is a real thing - his initial attack on the surface world was good; here's all your shit back, assholes!). He's both a skilled fighter, to pose a real challenge for the hero, and has cunning to achieve his goal. Sure, a lot of the stuff he did was plain as day, but I liked the extra nuance. He really is a solid "medieval" king, I would say. He also a personal reason to hate the hero.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived