Is Euron working with the Tourmaline Brotherhood?

Aurane

What we know about the Tourmaline Brotherhood is lacking at best. What we do know about them is: 1. The brotherhood is a merchant guild in Quarth and is a rival of the 3 major powers within the city. 2. They have a fleet of about 800 ships.  3. Their ranks are mainly made up of pirates.  4. They gave Dany a Jade crown, though it was the 13 who promised her a crown.  5. They supported the banishment of Dany after the house of the undying was destroyed.

So,the strongest factor for this idea is that Euron being a pirate known to operate around Quarth, as he claims that he stole shade-of-the-evening from a galley of warlocks leaving the ports of Quarth. On top of that the brotherhood give Dany a crown of ivory, onyx and jade, each mineral representing the heads of her dragons, which are cream, black and green coloured. The question is why would the Tourmaline Brotherhood make the green head out of jade instead of, y'know, tourmaline to make Dany think of them whenever she sees it. We know that Euron probably has an abundance of jade as he has Cragorn, the dragonhorn blower wearing jade and onyx rings. Also Euron was probably at Quarth a short time after Dany arrived, so perhaps the brotherhood wanted to expell Dany from the city with hopes of Euron capturing her.

I know that this is kind of an absurd theory about a faction that will probably never be mentioned again, but tell me what you think!

euron's sigil is not the kraken of house greyjoy, but two crows holding up a crown above a red eye. We know that Bloodraven is a targaryen bastard and half blackraven (and an eighth or sixteenth stark). he also is an albino with one red eye and could warg crows. its likely that when he got in the tree with the children of the forest, his warging powers expanded, similar to brans ability to talk to theon. blood raven is the three eyed crow that comes to bran in his dreams. 

there is a quote from euron when he's talking to victarrion in AFFC that he says when he was a boy he had a dream he could fly and also that when he was a boy he fell from a tower. this is after bran is with blood raven in the tree.i think both bran and bloodraven (Brynden Rivers) are using euron as a vessel, which means euron, also known as the crows eye, is aware of everything branraven can see. 

its unclear if branraven is using euron as a hostage in his own body or euron is complicit in the situation. hodor was aware bran slipped in his skin. 

if a captain of a ship can warg, he can see storms from far away and be a successful sailor. 

Hmmm.  Well, Bloodbeard, who is apparently an associate of Euron (sub nom "the Red Oarsman"), when he chose a hostage to murder, chose Captain Groleo.  This is a sort of Chekov's gun, as Barristan explicitly wonders why Captain Groleo was chosen to die.  Meanwhile, Xaro has brought Dany 13 ships.  But now, in any sea journeys, Dany cannot rely on the advice and expertise of her only Sea Captain.

I think that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar and the Three-eyed Crow, and that Euron is one of her people. Euron's nickname is Crow's Eye because he is Shiera's spy. Probably, she is able to see thru his black eye, thru usage of blood magic. In Aeron's chapter from TWOW, he had a vision (caused by the shade-of-the-evening), and it's likely, that the shadow in a woman's form, that was with Euron, and whose hands were alive with pale fire, was Quaithe's "shadow" with glass candle in her hands (same as in AGOT, in one of Dany's chapters, the ghost kings with swords of pale fire in their hands, was actually Shiera with glass candle <- It's just my theory, but I'm absolutely sure about this).

So no, I don't think, that Euron is working with the Tourmaline Brotherhood. And besides the reason, that I wrote above, there's also this - even though members of the Tourmaline Brotherhood are mostly pirats, and they have a big fleet, in my opinion, this makes them and Euron rivals, not comrades. And what you wrote - after Dany burned the HOTU, the TB banished her. So they are supporters of the Undying. And Euron kidnapped warlocks from Quarth, and was torturing them. Warlocks of the Undying and the TB are comrades/companions, so it's likely, that to the TB Euron is their enemy, same as Dany.

11 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar and the Three-eyed Crow, and that Euron is one of her people. Euron's nickname is Crow's Eye because he is Shiera's spy. Probably, she is able to see thru his black eye, thru usage of blood magic. In Aeron's chapter from TWOW, he had a vision (caused by the shade-of-the-evening), and it's likely, that the shadow in a woman's form, that was with Euron, and whose hands were alive with pale fire, was Quaithe's "shadow" with glass candle in her hands (same as in AGOT, in one of Dany's chapters, the ghost kings with swords of pale fire in their hands, was actually Shiera with glass candle <- It's just my theory, but I'm absolutely sure about this).

So no, I don't think, that Euron is working with the Tourmaline Brotherhood. And besides the reason, that I wrote above, there's also this - even though members of the Tourmaline Brotherhood are mostly pirats, and they have a big fleet, in my opinion, this makes them and Euron rivals, not comrades. And what you wrote - after Dany burned the HOTU, the TB banished her. So they are supporters of the Undying. And Euron kidnapped warlocks from Quarth, and was torturing them. Warlocks of the Undying and the TB are comrades/companions, so it's likely, that to the TB Euron is their enemy, same as Dany.

I also think quaithe is shiera seastar, as her mother Sernei of Lys, could make herself look much younger. shiera is a targaryen bastard and would support dany. if quaithe is shiera, than euron likely still loves her. Euron famously battled bitter steel for shiera, and that battle can still be going on as the golden company (founded by bitter steel) and euron have both landed in the 7 kingdoms.  both euron (blood raven, as in my post above) and the golden company (bitter steel) pursue Dany (supported by quaithe). 

blood raven defeats bitter steel the first time, so i predict euron kills f(aegon) vi

On 2/11/2019 at 7:50 AM, Megorova said:

Yeah I agree - the destruction of the HOTU makes me think the TB is against Euron.

I'm sticking to my crackpot that Euron has (like Hodor, Aerys,Rhaegar & many hundreds before them) been put on his path of Destruction by Greenseers/Bran trying to influence him. He has misinterpreted what he ever heard or saw into thinking the Others are Gods & he is trying to bring Down the Wall & deliver "The Promise" (in his eyes, Dany) to them.

Archived