Quaithe, Melissandre, Fiery Hand

I wanted to start a Topic about some loose ties in the show.

- Will Quaithe ever show up again? Will her identity be revealed?

- Will Melissandre and Kinvara show up with the soldiers of R'hllor Army in the final stand against the Ice Army?

- I guess we'll never see the Shadowlands but will we get to see the beyond Winter Lands and learn about WhiteWalker culture and tax policy? Or is he just Death with no other motive but to kill?

- What's so important about the Crypts at Winterfell?

What are some other plot points or characters you would like to be resolved?

We'll certainly see Melisandre again. She told Arya that they would meet again, and we know she has to return to die. So presumably she'll meet Arya again before her death in Westeros rather than afterwards. Zombie Hodor and Zombie Jaime will be bad enough. Zombie Mel is just silly.

But at Winterfell? No, probably not. Beneath the Red Keep perhaps, and not any time real soon, either.

It's hard to square all this with some sort of battle at Winterfell and then again months later some holocaust that wipes King's Landing from the map. It will take months for the dead army to zombie their way down to King's Landing once they sack Winterfell and add all the dead Northerners to their ranks.

11 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

We'll certainly see Melisandre again. She told Arya that they would meet again, and we know she has to return to die. So presumably she'll meet Arya again before her death in Westeros rather than afterwards. Zombie Hodor and Zombie Jaime will be bad enough. Zombie Mel is just silly.

But at Winterfell? No, probably not. Beneath the Red Keep perhaps, and not any time real soon, either.

It's hard to square all this with some sort of battle at Winterfell and then again months later some holocaust that wipes King's Landing from the map. It will take months for the dead army to zombie their way down to King's Landing once they sack Winterfell and add all the dead Northerners to their ranks.

Wouldn't a Zombie Mel be unrecognizable to everyone?  I would think in death that whatever kept her youthful appearance would disappear, and a Zombie Mel would be a zombified old, old woman that no one will have any idea about.  I do like the idea of her and the other Red Priest/Priestesses coming with some kind of assistance from a Red Rahloo Army.  Ah, I miss the Northern Mountain Clansmen. 

We'll definitely see Melisandre again, and I expect she'll do something more than just come back and die. She can't come to Winterfell though cuz she was banished on pain of death. Of course i guess she could come back to help fight the NK, knowing that she'll die, but if I remember correctly, she said her work was done where that's concerned.

I want to know how Baeric seems to know more about the WW than everyone else (except Bran). When they went north of the wall to capture a wight, he said the NK turned them all. Kill him and you kill them all. Then at Last Hearth, he said flittle Lord Umber surrounded by the spiral pattern of other men's body parts was a message from the NK. And he says it like he knows (and therefore is informing the audience), not like he's expressing a theory.

On 4/20/2019 at 8:46 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I don't think so. She was very minor in the show and whole Essos is done with.

- Will Melissandre and Kinvara show up with the soldiers of R'hllor Army in the final stand against the Ice Army?

I expect Melisandre to show up on her own. They won't introduce new characters in the endgame.

learn about WhiteWalker culture and tax policy?

Ha-ha, they don't have any tax policy. Their culture is a icy-death. They have a language, symbols and a common aim. But not much more, I'm afraid.

What's so important about the Crypts at Winterfell?

Good question, we don't know. Maybe the show cuts this short, too. I expect more Crypts revelations in the book. 

I really want to learn more about the motivation of the White Walkers. But I am afraid, Bran's recent revelations are all there will be. They probably cut the story very short to the most essential core.

No and no

Kinvara: no. Other red priests: no.

Mel will show up. I kinda expect her to show up like Gandalf in the battle in Helm's Deep and save the day. Well, not really save the day, but defeat the NK for the moment so the good guys can decide what to do next. Maybe she'll sacrifice herself during it to perform a powerful fire spell or something like that.

- I guess we'll never see the Shadowlands but will we get to see the beyond Winter Lands and learn about WhiteWalker culture and tax policy? Or is he just Death with no other motive but to kill?

No. Probably yes.

- What's so important about the Crypts at Winterfell?

According to theories there is a bulletproof prove of Jon's parentage.

Meereen. What is going on there? Is Daario in charge? Does he hold it for Dany, or has he transformed it into his own kingdom, or has he been defeated and Meereen has been retaken by slavemasters?

Dorne. What's going on there? Who is in charge? Do they want independence? Do they plan to attack Cersei? Is Ellaria alive (I don't really care about her and I know she is virtually dead but it would be nice to have a confirmation)?

Edmure.

Archived