Going to Weddings

DMC

On 8/13/2019 at 10:28 AM, baxus said:

I hate how almost every wedding I attended followed the same pattern to the point that I've been to a wedding and said: "I've already been to this wedding. Sure, bride and groom are different but everything else is the same - the ceremony, the reception, the music etc.

Yeah, weddings are getting boring here. Even the food is not what it used to be :D

That said, I am having a wedding on Sept, 15th. The search for suit/shirt/pants in my size has been nothing short of interesting :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, Risto said:

I mean, I am going to a wedding... Not marrying :D Don't give my mother any ideas :D

Well, it definitely read like you were the one getting married. I was about to congratulate you too!

I have never been to a wedding of somebody from my friend circle (only been to a one or two distant relatives' weddings when I was a child) - it looks like the people from my friend circle are all single or in unserious relationships or live together unmarried. Or I don't have enough friends. I would want to attend one to see how that looks like. :P 

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, it definitely read like you were the one getting married. I was about to congratulate you too!

Like I would get married without informing everyone on God's green earth that I have found crazy enough to love and tolerate me :D

Trust me, YOU WOULD KNOW :D

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have never been to a wedding of somebody from my friend circle (only been to a one or two distant relatives' weddings when I was a child) - it looks like the people from my friend circle are all single or in unserious relationships or live together unmarried. Or I don't have enough friends. I would want to attend one to see how that looks like. :P 

I hate weddings. I hate all those cousins who will look at my obese body and choosing to neglect all my academic accomplishments focus conversation solely on advice on losing weight. That's why I need to look nice (as nice as obese person can look) I was rather successful in finding very interesting clothing choices so I am happy.

58 minutes ago, Risto said:

Like I would get married without informing everyone on God's green earth that I have found crazy enough to love and tolerate me :D

Ok! Tell us when it happens then! :D

Also, don't call her crazy, she would be just a girl in love. :wub: BLAM!

I hate weddings. I hate all those cousins who will look at my obese body and choosing to neglect all my academic accomplishments focus conversation solely on advice on losing weight. That's why I need to look nice (as nice as obese person can look) I was rather successful in finding very interesting clothing choices so I am happy.

Uh, that must be rough. I am sorry you are put in such a position by your family. Your academic accomplishments are worth a lot, some people just  can't appreciate them.

Glad you found appropriate clothing though! I hope you enjoy yourself and have to endure very few annoying comments.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Hope you realise i am now picturing Ron Weasley style dress robes. Or may Luna/Xenophilius Lovegood style is more you....

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Uh, that must be rough. I am sorry you are put in such a position by your family. Your academic accomplishments are worth a lot, some people just  can't appreciate them.

Glad you found appropriate clothing though! I hope you enjoy yourself and have to endure very few annoying comments.

ITS SUCH A RUSH TO BE A BRIDE

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

There are people out there for everyone, someone was even crazy enough to marry me :P.

22 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hope you realise i am now picturing Ron Weasley style dress robes. Or may Luna/Xenophilius Lovegood style is more you....

ITS SUCH A RUSH TO BE A BRIDE

If you’re going to wear robes I’m going to insist on being rather traditional, black and hooded please :P, I used to think that when I was wearing my court robes, I still have them in case I decide to go back later on, motherhood has made me less argumentative though :(.

Archived