College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

Most fan bases

True enough. These guys are just notorious for mistaking one whiff of success as a sign of taking the next step as a program, and doing so in an especially hyperbolic fashion. I could cite examples but I'm too lazy.  :dunno:

There have been quite a few games cancelled or severely impacted by covid so far. I still believe the B1G made the right choice, they have let the other teams show them what works and what doesn't, and also that no matter how stringent there will still be small outbreaks.

The fact that the SEC was so in your face about we will play no matter what, and to see it hitting them seems about right. Hope like hell this doesn't have a bad turn for Saban.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

There have been quite a few games cancelled or severely impacted by covid so far. I still believe the B1G made the right choice, they have let the other teams show them what works and what doesn't, and also that no matter how stringent there will still be small outbreaks.

The fact that the SEC was so in your face about we will play no matter what, and to see it hitting them seems about right. Hope like hell this doesn't have a bad turn for Saban.

God's country don't need none of your fancy book learning science. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

God's country don't need none of your fancy book learning science. 

I think the best smack down was at Michigan. Harbaugh made some comments about wanting to play, risks etc and the University of Michigan President, who just so happens to be a Medical doctor, said basically, I don't take my medical advice from a football coach.

8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I think the best smack down was at Michigan. Harbaugh made some comments about wanting to play, risks etc and the University of Michigan President, who just so happens to be a Medical doctor, said basically, I don't take my medical advice from a football coach.

I'm just going to point to Notre Dame, it's President, and how he behaved about Barrett. 

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm just going to point to Notre Dame, it's President, and how he behaved about Barrett. 

Yeah, that was a bit surprising. An older Doctor, University President, who should know better, doesn't follow recommendations and ends up with it from a super spreader event. I haven't heard anything more on him so hopefully he is ok.

15 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, that was a bit surprising. An older Doctor, University President, who should know better, doesn't follow recommendations and ends up with it from a super spreader event. I haven't heard anything more on him so hopefully he is ok.

I don't. He should be in jail. 

Listening to Finebaum, sometimes even I'm shocked by what I hear... Brad from Jacksonville says its bullcrap that Florida isn't playing football this weekend and if the players don't have symptoms, they should play.

:stunned:  

ETA:  And then the next caller Catdaddy from South Carolina declares Brad to be one french fry short of a Happy Meal.  :lol:

On 10/16/2020 at 5:37 AM, dbunting said:

Idiocracy. "If they don't have symptoms they should play"....cause you know that people who ain't coffin can't spread the rona virus! wooo football is life! 

Listen man, we've got a lot of fucking money to make here. 

Okay, how do you seriously test positive, than a few days later magically test negative, and oh by the way, we're not going to test anyone around you. 

This might not be entirely accurate, but there's no way Alabama's reporting is either. 

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Nice win for Kentucky. As ever, nothing sucks like a Big Orange. :lol:

:smug:

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Okay, how do you seriously test positive, than a few days later magically test negative, and oh by the way, we're not going to test anyone around you. 

This might not be entirely accurate, but there's no way Alabama's reporting is either. 

They say he’s had three negative tests.  It’s more than possible the first test was a false positive.

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

:smug:

They say he’s had three negative tests.  It’s more than possible the first test was a false positive.

But have you seen any reports on testing around him? Doesn't sound like it, positive or negative. 

Gotta hand it to Mac Jones.  When he decommitted from the Cats to play for Saban, I assumed he’d never see the field but would get to take home a couple rings.

Now here he is dropping absolute dimes on Georgia.

Archived