RhaenysBee

TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I mean, I would be the one getting interviewed if I decided to search for such an arrangement, seeing how I am the one who does not have a flat yet. Also, of course it is best if you can chat with people before you move in with them ... but also, just an hour is definitely not enough to actually get to know a person. People can surprise you in both positive and negative ways even after you have known them for a long time.

Maybe, if they think of it first, but whoever initiates it the result is a conversation anyway. And sure an hour in a cafe is not the same as living together, but it’s better than nothing. Oh of course, that’s a valid risk in living with anybody, really, be it family, partner or friends. 

let us know how the living situation goes. I hope you find a suitable arrangement! 

On 2/10/2020 at 9:26 PM, Buckwheat said:

So pretty pictures. :) My grandparents have one of those bird feeders that are like small wooden houses on a pole. They love watching them through the window. The birds that come there are mostly sparrows.

Yes, I was also looking into moving into shared flats, although I don't know anybody that would be willing to share with me. I mean, you can just look at ads online and see people who are looking for a roommate, but that has the potential to also turn into a nightmare, moving in with random people. :dunno: Valonqar has no interest in sharing his living space with me once he moves out.

(Also, it is not like my parents would be unwilling to help me out financially if it came to a situation that called for it, but I don't want to rely completely on that. I am doing it too much as it is already.)

In any case, I need to wait a few months at least to see what will come of this job situation and to earn some money first.

We got a bird feeder for our garden a while ago, it seems to attract small cute birds like robins,sparrows and I think blue tits but it also seems to drive squirrels crazy trying to get into it, and wood pigeons often walk around on the floor underneath it to get the bits the small birds drop because they’re too big and fat to be able to perch on it.

My Renovation in Eastern Europe saga continues. 

I don’t like to talk trash my own country and people, but it’s so hard to believe that these things would happen in the UK or Scandinavia. 

When I go into a store to buy milk and ask for the price, I expect to hear the price I am going to pay at the cashier’s desk. You know what I mean. If I’m told that milk costs €3 and I pick up 2 bottles from the dairy aisle, I expect to pay €6. I don’t expect that €3 is the price per liter and a bottle contains 2,5 liters, so I’m starting out at €7,5 per bottle. I also don’t expect that €3 is a net price and will increase with the obscene 27% vat we have here. I mean is it a wonder that I get a heart attack at the cashier’s desk when my milk is scanned, and the receipt reads €19,05? 

With floorboard prices this is even more painful. And let me add: with the confusion around the discontinued model, they also casually forgot to send me review of my order to summarize the prices and the final cost. I just got an invoice. 

I have no words. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Good day! I woke sister up with the kettle, so I suppose I should head out and restock some groceries, including her cereal and iced tea as a way of making amends. 
Ah the good old days when I could go out two nights in a row too...! Just the number of shots I’ve seen in her Insta story made me lightheaded. Old age approacheth...  :leaving: 

Oh and it’s Valentine’s Day today! Happy Valentines Day to everybody celebrating! :cheers: 

(Or just happy shopping to those who are just there for the valentine deals and offers :leaving: That’s never been me. Ever. Obviously.)

Edited by RhaenysBee

17 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Good day! I woke sister up with the kettle, so I suppose I should head out and restock some groceries, including her cereal and iced tea as a way of making amends. 
Ah the good old days when I could go out two nights in a row too...! Just the number of shots I’ve seen in her Insta story made me lightheaded. Old age approacheth...  :leaving: 

You can still go out and not drink. The last semester taught me that people actually really admired how I can dance totally sober. :smug: Everybody is soooo "I only dance when I'm drunk" and then I have to wait around for them to drink, while I am ready to dance as soon as good music starts!

Happy birthday to the TTTNE king of 2015.

54 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You can still go out and not drink. The last semester taught me that people actually really admired how I can dance totally sober. :smug: Everybody is soooo "I only dance when I'm drunk" and then I have to wait around for them to drink, while I am ready to dance as soon as good music starts!

Happy birthday to the TTTNE king of 2015.

Oh it’s not like I’m dying to go out every other night and having low alcohol tolerance is holding me back. I simply “grew out of” both the heavy drinking and the clubbing. We all just gradually slowed back down during Msc studies and no longer felt the pressure have late nights with high heels and shots and dressing up. Now going out with friends means an early dinner at an actual sit down restaurant and a cinema visit, or a pub dinner with up to two drinks, and either way being home by 11. 

I can’t recall who that was, but happy birthday to them indeed!

24 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh it’s not like I’m dying to go out every other night and having low alcohol tolerance is holding me back. I simply “grew out of” both the heavy drinking and the clubbing. We all just gradually slowed back down during Msc studies and no longer felt the pressure have late nights with high heels and shots and dressing up. Now going out with friends means an early dinner at an actual sit down restaurant and a cinema visit, or a pub dinner with up to two drinks, and either way being home by 11. 

I can’t recall who that was, but happy birthday to them indeed!

Heh, I never had the heavy drinking and clubbing and stuff phase. And high heels present a danger to me. :P

It was @TheCrannogDweller.

I am going back to teaching today, I have to substitute the teacher for a small group of 6-year-olds ... that is going to be fun. I will actually have to sing childish songs with them. :uhoh: 

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Heh, I never had the heavy drinking and clubbing and stuff phase. And high heels present a danger to me. :P

It was @TheCrannogDweller.

I am going back to teaching today, I have to substitute the teacher for a small group of 6-year-olds ... that is going to be fun. I will actually have to sing childish songs with them. :uhoh: 

yeah, mine passed pretty quickly too, but it was an interesting three years nonetheless :eek: :leaving: 

All right! Happy birthday to Crannog! 

:lmao: I mean, they are children. You can hardly blame them for being childish :lol:  Good luck with substituting! 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I mean, they are children. You can hardly blame them for being childish :lol:  Good luck with substituting! 

Don't really blame them, but ... seven hells, children are exhausting. *phew*

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I believe you :D how did it go?

There were only three of them. One kept complaining and criticising everything, one was really good and knew almost everything, the third one is a quiet person and the first two didn't really let her have an opportunity to speak.

I don't think I am fit to work with that young children.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

There were only three of them. One kept complaining and criticising everything, one was really good and knew almost everything, the third one is a quiet person and the first two didn't really let her have an opportunity to speak.

I don't think I am fit to work with that young children.

That doesn’t sound too bad. I wonder which of those children I would have been/were. As an adult I definitely bring all three attitudes to the table. I suppose as a child I was not critical at all. But my entire family did keep nagging me for years and years for being “too shy”. So I suppose I would have been the shy kid.

children are curious little creatures to navigate. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it with practice if you want to, and if not, i suppose you have a chance to pick what age group you want to work with, right? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

That doesn’t sound too bad. I wonder which of those children I would have been/were. As an adult I definitely bring all three attitudes to the table. I suppose as a child I was not critical at all. But my entire family did keep nagging me for years and years for being “too shy”. So I suppose I would have been the shy kid.

children are curious little creatures to navigate. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it with practice if you want to, and if not, i suppose you have a chance to pick what age group you want to work with, right? 

I would have either been the one who knows everything or the quiet one. Here is a telling anecdote from my high school: For some reason, I sat in the last row during one class (it was art, but the subject is not important), so not close enough to the teacher to hear if we were talking quietly. The teacher asked something, I knew the answer and said it, but very quietly. The student sitting in front of me heard it and repeated it aloud, gaining praise from the teacher. Then he also explained that he only knew because I told the answer first. :P

I mean, theoretically I do? I can of course say no, I won't take over this class at the language school. But then I won't get paid for it either. But yes, they know I prefer to work with adults.

5 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

There is a new tiny Sith in the world now :commie:, she was born last night mama and baby are both fine, she’s amazing :wub: we can’t wait to get her home to meet her big sister.

Awwww congratulations you guys! :commie: :cheers: :grouphug: 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Awwww congratulations you guys! :commie: :cheers: :grouphug: 

Thank you, she’s so tiny and cute and mama is being very protective :D.

8 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

There is a new tiny Sith in the world now :commie:, she was born last night mama and baby are both fine, she’s amazing :wub: we can’t wait to get her home to meet her big sister.

Congratulations! :commie: :wub:

9 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

Yay! :D

12 hours ago, Jen'ari said:

That is wonderful news! :wub: