TTTNE 476 - the ghost of series past

RhaenysBee

14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:grouphug: thank you! I actually made myself a tea upon arriving, took a shower and called it a night. If I sleep it off and cuddle Herr Puppy tomorrow (I don’t like this, Mr Puppy sounds way better, I don’t care he’s German), I’m sure I’ll be a functioning adult again :blushing:

That is a good plan. :) Good night to you and Herr Puppy! You are right, this doesn't sound that nice. Maybe Herr Hund? :P 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, Buckwheat said:

That is a good plan. :) Good night to you and Herr Puppy! You are right, this doesn't sound that nice. Maybe Herr Hund? :P 

Herr Hund, that’s an idea. Not sure if it’ll stick. It’s perfectly random which nickname sticks to our dogs and which don’t :lol: 

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

All church activities except services have been suspended at St Cuthbert's in Edinburgh, so no bell-ringing for the foreseeable future. They might stop services too :(

Hope you're all doing well.

Same here, no masses since yesterday. I hope they will broadcast church services at least as I think it would be tremendous help for the elderly. 

We are all healthy, but I wouldn’t go as far as stating we are doing well. The situation is already demanding psychologically and it’s only going to get worse in the upcoming weeks. 

Also:

Staying at home + having a lot of home-cooked food, mmmmm + having random snacks and sweets at home for some reason + working from computer + not being able to do sports + insecurity leading to nervousness leading to craving for sweets = great way to gain weight

<_< 

34 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Also:

Staying at home + having a lot of home-cooked food, mmmmm + having random snacks and sweets at home for some reason + working from computer + not being able to do sports + insecurity leading to nervousness leading to craving for sweets = great way to gain weight

<_< 

Come visit here. We don’t have sweets, comfort food, ready-made food, snacks, or even tea bags, rubber gloves, internet or electricity. We do however have a massive garden full of foliage and nuts. I already raked it into fifteen piles today, but wheelbarrowing it all the way to the end of the back garden into the compost bin is a workout in itself. 
No joke, we really didn’t have electricity today. Not virus related just general countryside maintenance, but the apocalyptic feeling was real. 
I’m loving this isolation period. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Come visit here. We don’t have sweets, comfort food, ready-made food, snacks, or even tea bags, rubber gloves, internet or electricity. We do however have a massive garden full of foliage and nuts. I already raked it into fifteen piles today, but wheelbarrowing it all the way to the end of the back garden into the compost bin is a workout in itself. 
No joke, we really didn’t have electricity today. Not virus related just general countryside maintenance, but the apocalyptic feeling was real. 
I’m loving this isolation period. 

I am definitely not loving it. I feel I am going crazy. :( Great that you have something to do to exercise! I always say I am not interested in owning a yard and that I can go anywhere else if I want to go outside, but now without the option of going to see my friends anywhere, I would love to at least go into the yard.

27 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am definitely not loving it. I feel I am going crazy. :( Great that you have something to do to exercise! I always say I am not interested in owning a yard and that I can go anywhere else if I want to go outside, but now without the option of going to see my friends anywhere, I would love to at least go into the yard.

I absolutely sympathize. The uncertainty of the situation is driving me insane and I’m conflicted about where I should be every minute of every hour. I don’t remember another time in my life when I felt so helpless and vulnerable. And yes, a yard is rather beneficial. The stress relief raking worked as much as it could and the yard looks half decent at least. Do you have a balcony to get fresh air? And maybe space inside from home workouts? 

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I absolutely sympathize. The uncertainty of the situation is driving me insane and I’m conflicted about where I should be every minute of every hour. I don’t remember another time in my life when I felt so helpless and vulnerable. And yes, a yard is rather beneficial. The stress relief raking worked as much as it could and the yard looks half decent at least. Do you have a balcony to get fresh air? And maybe space inside from home workouts? 

I know where I should be, at home, and taking short walks outside through the village - this is allowed.

We have a small balcony and I can go for a short walk, so that is not a problem. No space inside for workouts, but TBH, that never bothered me.

What annoys me is not being allowed to see friends in person. I like the company of my family, but not ... all the time only them.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know where I should be, at home, and taking short walks outside through the village - this is allowed.

We have a small balcony and I can go for a short walk, so that is not a problem. No space inside for workouts, but TBH, that never bothered me.

What annoys me is not being allowed to see friends in person. I like the company of my family, but not ... all the time only them.

I understand, it’s very difficult to give up life as we know it and that is happening now. It is Still shocking how sudden it was and how hard it brought a world that thought itself invincible to its knees. 

meanwhile my company is already done in, I have no idea how it existed so far (and why my bosses leased bmws) when this joke they call business couldn’t last a month without income. i’m not worried about my livelihood thus far but who knows where we’ll be in 2-3 months and how long it is all going to last. 

it really is amazing how nature can surprise us. We all expected this apocalypse to come in 20-30 years when the earth overheats and global warming was supposed to do us in. Instead, a flu virus is crippling the almighty civilization in 2020. I didn’t think I’d live to experience such. Well, I’m sure we’ll get through it one way or the other. 

And I really need to wheelbarrow these piles to the compost bin because the dogs will get walnut poisoning. 

@RhaenysBee Maybe this was the push you needed to find another job once this all is over? ;) (I am trying to find light in this time, but I am aware this might be an insensitive comment - I apologise if you think it is hurtful!).

Somebody posted a video in GenChat with a dog playing in a pile of leaves, it reminded me of you saying you raked a bunch of leaves and your dogs.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee Maybe this was the push you needed to find another job once this all is over? ;) (I am trying to find light in this time, but I am aware this might be an insensitive comment - I apologise if you think it is hurtful!).

Somebody posted a video in GenChat with a dog playing in a pile of leaves, it reminded me of you saying you raked a bunch of leaves and your dogs.

Oh don’t worry, I absolutely agree. I’m only sorry I’ve stayed this long and didn’t move on to another job sooner. 

We transferred the leaves to the compost bin this afternoon. The dogs were as panicked to steal walnuts as people are to buy toilet paper. Gardening is serious exercise, by the way. 

4 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

This lack of stuff in supermarkets is becoming a joke, I managed to get some things, and lots of nappies thankfully!.

Oh dear, I never thought about nappies! I hope there’s no restriction on how many packets you can buy of that. Or it doubles if you have two younglings at least... :eek: how are you all coping with isolation and the babies?

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh dear, I never thought about nappies! I hope there’s no restriction on how many packets you can buy of that. Or it doubles if you have two younglings at least... :eek: how are you all coping with isolation and the babies?

We are doing well, both mini Siths are ok, apart from mini Sith 2s tendency to wake us up at about 3am.

Me and Mrs Sith has quite a big argument on Tuesday because she damaged one of the wheels on my car by driving against the kerb, I perhaps overreacted a bit (it’s not the first time she’s done stuff like that though) but we’re ok again now :D.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:34 AM, Buckwheat said:

How is your Swedish?

I haven't tried to learn it, seems a waste of time since everyone speaks English. And now I'm glad I didn't bother, because I'm most likely going home next week because of the Corona situation, which is pretty sad. My Erasmus was only halfway done and now I have to say goodbye to everyone already (more than half of the students are leaving next week). 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I haven't tried to learn it, seems a waste of time since everyone speaks English. And now I'm glad I didn't bother, because I'm most likely going home next week because of the Corona situation, which is pretty sad. My Erasmus was only halfway done and now I have to say goodbye to everyone already (more than half of the students are leaving next week). 

I think it is a waste of time NOT to learn the language of the country you are going to live in for a semester! Bad Erasmus student, you are. :read: I honestly think it should be obligatory to learn at least some of it.

I sympathise with your situation though. :( I hope you are going to have a safe trip home.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Jen'ari said:

We are doing well, both mini Siths are ok, apart from mini Sith 2s tendency to wake us up at about 3am.

Me and Mrs Sith has quite a big argument on Tuesday because she damaged one of the wheels on my car by driving against the kerb, I perhaps overreacted a bit (it’s not the first time she’s done stuff like that though) but we’re ok again now :D.

I suppose that’s a common argument to have, people are pretty protective of their cars. Eons ago my first great love would even be upset when the zipper of my coat would cling against the door of his car. Because you know, it might scratch it. Because you know, zippers have that power over four-ton metal machines. Oh man it was ages ago... :lol: anyway, I’m glad you guys settled things. 

oh my, what a breakthrough we’ve had! :eek: All the patience and hard work and talking seems to have paid off, at least for one evening, and sister went from “ew, country, this disgusting place makes me sick, I hate my room it’s nauseating, I want to go back to the city”  to “Whee, I’ll paint this and that and put that carpet here and that chair there and I’ll get a rustic mirror and I will create myself a rustic, countryside retreat from this room”. I did lose The Chair (from ten posts ago), because she wants it for her rustic retreat,   But it’s a small price to pay for a ray of positivity from sister. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

oh my, what a breakthrough we’ve had! :eek: All the patience and hard work and talking seems to have paid off, at least for one evening, and sister went from “ew, country, this disgusting place makes me sick, I hate my room it’s nauseating, I want to go back to the city”  to “Whee, I’ll paint this and that and put that carpet here and that chair there and I’ll get a rustic mirror and I will create myself a rustic, countryside retreat from this room”. I did lose The Chair (from ten posts ago), because she wants it for her rustic retreat,   But it’s a small price to pay for a ray of positivity from sister. 

Yay for sister's good mood! It seems to me that you two share your love of interior design and decorating. :) 

Archived