Sign in to follow this  
Ormond

Locus recommended reading list 2019

To those who may be interested, Locus magazine has their recommended reading list for works published in 2019 up on their website:

https://locusmag.com/2020/02/2019-locus-recommended-reading-list/

Two books connected with GRRM, Art of Gary Gianni and Starport, are among the "illustrated and art books" recommendations. 

Personally I think Locus is a great resource and would urge those who can to donate to them, or subscribe.

I shall look this over later and then be outraged.

edit: ok I was joking when I typed that but that list has at least one author I find to be extremely offensive in her portrayal of Asians and any list that doesn’t have How Rory Thorne Destroyed The Multiverse on it is automatically disqualified.

Edited by Darth Richard II

Arkady Martine's space opera sounded quite interesting. Anyone read it? Also The Bird King.

22 hours ago, Ran said:

Arkady Martine's space opera sounded quite interesting. Anyone read it?

My partner thought it was great; it's on my to-read list.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, Ran said:

Arkady Martine's space opera sounded quite interesting. Anyone read it?

Yes, and I loved it. It perfectly captured that complex and contradictory mixture of feelings that culturally widely influential and intermittently  conquest-minded empires tend to inspire in their neighbors.

46 minutes ago, Maia said:

Yes, and I loved it. It perfectly captured that complex and contradictory mixture of feelings that culturally widely influential and intermittently  conquest-minded empires tend to inspire in their neighbors.

Seconded. This book definitely makes my Hugo nomination list

I’m (inexplicably :P ) not on their recommended list, but my two novels are listed in the February edition British releases page. You may need a magnifying glass