The Gallows Humor Thread

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

So the first Antichrist was before Christ? 

I think that technically, yes, the first Antichrist was Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the Seleucid king who Hellenized the Jews and forced the worship of Zeus in the silent period before the Birth of Christ.

Since Epiphanes means "manifest God", and since he required some pretty eye-watering worship of himself during his own lifetime, you can see why.

• 1 month later...

I didn’t know whether or not to post this here or in the US Culture thread.

I’m listening to an interview with a man in Peoria, Illinois, (John Hinkel (sp)) who took a capsule filled with his father’s ashes and put it in the thumb hole of a bowling ball and used that ball to try to bowl a perfect game, 300. His father taught him and his twin brother to bowl, and he went on to become a college champion and turned pro, and he has bowled perfect games, but his father had never managed to do it, bowling 298 and 299 several times but never 300. Using that ball he did bowl a perfect game, and his father was right there with him.

I really have no words.

• 1 month later...

A Limerick:

( ( 12 + 144 + 20 ) +3 x 41/2)/7 + (5 x 11) = 92 + 0

Spoiler

A dozen, a gross and a score

Plus three times the square root of four

Divided by seven

Plus five time eleven

Is nine squared, and not a bit more

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I saw this on Facebook, and really want to put one on my lawn. But for years I’ve been meaning to put up a board saying:

Halloween special:

Bodies buried, $1

Buried deep, $20

At least put your prices up - have you no idea how much work it takes to dig even a shallow grave?

Archived