Which one of Tywin´s children you respect the most ?

Putin

Personally, I think Tyrion is the better guy. I just don't see Jaime as a good person, sure he did come a long way from pushing kids out windows, but... I mean, he is not better than Tyrion.

And, yes, Tyrion does a lot of crappy things, like raping the prostitute and the slave, groping Sansa, killing his dad, and so much more. But Jaime has done way more bad things than Tyrion, like sleeping with his sis, pushing Bran out the window, killing his cousin, killing his king....wait.. scratch that, sorry. The point is, they have both done a lot of really bad things, but I think Jaime, even tough he is getting better, is a little worse than Tyrion(esp. book Jaime, cause that guy is mean)

I like all three characters and have periods of rooting for them, even Cersei. But I don't really respect any of them.

However the character I respect the least is Jaime. He's wasted all the advantages he was born with and has done very little with his life.

• Born the heir of the Westerlands, he is a perfect physical specimen and seems to have been gifted with the right attributes to be the perfect warrior, with assistance from the best training and, obviously, hard work by himself
  • He throws away his rights to Casterly Rock for a chance to be near Cersei in the Capital
  • He's made a Kingsguard due to who his father is rather than his own ability
  • He does little in regards to Aerys, unlike the heroic Quartlon Chelsted, until his own life is on the line then he stabs Aerys in the back
  • He does not think to protect the innocent children of Rhaegar while there is an enemy army in the castle, instead chooses to chill on the throne room. Only later does he feel regret and guilt for not acting
  • He chooses to stay on as a Kingsguard member for Robert (given what he had done and Robert's gratitude it is more than likely he could have been released from his vows) yet still ignores his duty
  • Cuckolds the King, even wants to murder him
  • Takes no interest in the raising of his 'nephews and niece'. Does not seem to have any strong emotions for them
  • Does not seem to take a strong part in the Greyjoy Rebellion.
  • Outnumbers Ned and attacks him. Abandons his duties as a Kingsguard to release his brother
  • Botches simple command by getting himself captured by Robb, puts his entire family in danger as a result
  • Is made Lord Commander, not because of his own ability but because of his last name
  • In the Riverlands is told that the Queen is arrested by a Religious militia. Fair enough he does not want to fight for her, but given the circumstances his duty, as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, would be to get back to the capital and protect the King, not sulk about Cersei and get himself captured once again on a fool's errand.

Jaime is born with every advantage, natural warrior, natural leader, heir to the most powerful Lord in the realm, and yet he's thrown it all away. He's lived through three huge civil wars and his accomplishments in those three are, at least in two of them, are negative rather than positive.

Archived