Immigration: Taboo or not

Larry of the Lawn

Lol, that went bizzaro pretty quickly! I blame solo!

2 hours ago, S John said:

I know there are major societal issues with population decline and having an aging population, but this feels like good news to me? At least as one concerned with the survival and well being of the human species as a whole. When balancing the woes of an elderly society with the risks of overpopulation - especially in light of climate change, I think an 8.8B population in 2100 is way preferable to an 11B global population. The world continues to develop and the more people we have living in industrialized societies, the worse off our environment will be until we are able to shift to renewable energy sources. 

I completely agree with you, but the OP question was about whether or not there should be more immigration.

dunno why you'd blame me?

anyway, completely unrelated--

LMAO #bigvendingmachine

The No-Vendomatic-Machine hums quietly in the corner of the room.

WHAT DO YOU NEED

I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU NEED

TELL ME

Noting the machine's query, the new custodian, Mr. A. Kellhus, turns down Guns n' Roses on his Ipod and pauses mopping to get his wallet. All the other employees laugh when he tries to punch in the alphanumeric code for peanut M&Ms. 

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

dunno why you'd blame me?

anyway, completely unrelated--

LMAO #bigvendingmachine

The M&M's fall, like a leaf pinned toward the ground by a tossed coin, and catch on the great medial screw displaying the Fritos.  The janitor regards the stuck package, palms turned to the hollows of the Earth, his head bursts forth into a gout of flame.  He cycles the iPod to some Alice In Chains.

He turns, shoulders hunched like an ape, to the gathered employees.  Seized, their mouths echo his word, shackled to his will by something unknowable.

"YOU DARE TO MOCK ME????   I HAVE MADE A BARGAIN WITH THE METAL ONES!!!"

The vending machine explodes, packages of snacks and candy scatter to the corners of the golden room.  

5 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

RIP Larry, I will miss you. <3

I WILL NOT. IN THE MEANTIME USE YOUR METALLIC CURRENCY TO PURCHASE MORE APPETIZING CORN-BASED AND SATURATED FAT FILLED SNACK FOODS.

#NOTAVENDINGMACHINE

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, that went bizzaro pretty quickly! I blame solo!

I completely agree with you, but the OP question was about whether or not there should be more immigration.

Ah, for some reason I thought I was in the politics thread.

Archived