CA's Total War: The Celtic-Han-Lizardmen alliance that never was

Corvinus85

This account of a crazed Black Ark Superfleet going around the world and causing utter chaos (being chased across land by a ton of dwarven superstacks) is highly entertaining.

Being able to turn on every single apocalypse from the Warhammer fantasy IP at once also sounds like a recipe for derangement.

The Immortal Empires Beta still has quite a few kinks to iron out!

Overall though I'm very much enjoying the new release, even the smaller Champions of Chaos campaign is a lot of fun because I don't feel so restricted doing the Realms of Chaos crap all the time. 

IE really is incredibly overwhemling though, so many options when it comes to factions to play as, it's hard to stick to anyone for more than 10 turns. 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The Immortal Empires Beta still has quite a few kinks to iron out!

Overall though I'm very much enjoying the new release, even the smaller Champions of Chaos campaign is a lot of fun because I don't feel so restricted doing the Realms of Chaos crap all the time. 

IE really is incredibly overwhemling though, so many options when it comes to factions to play as, it's hard to stick to anyone for more than 10 turns. 

Lol, I was like a dog/cat who knows its comfortable spot but spends 5 minutes moving in a circle until finally settling in.

Right now I am of course being original and playing with Karl Franz, but wow is it tough. Festus is difficult to fight against because of his plagues and the Empire provinces are falling like flies. I have enemies all around, except in the west were Marienburg is going strong, and I can barely maintain my economy. Middenheim, Hochland, Ostermark, Ostland are gone, though I pushed into Middenheim and restored them in the city close to Aldorf. Talabecland is holding on by a thread. I've confederated with Gelt, but if either the Greenskins or Vlad decide to invade I have no armies to stop them in the south.

There are a few gameplay aspects that need to be improved. First, not sure why the chapter objectives have been removed. Those were always a nice cash infusion. Maybe they are working on them for the new races so have removed them for all until then. 

I don't like that at tier 3 of a settlement it takes 5 turns now for the main building. That leaves cities vulnerable for longer. I dislike the laziness of the quests of the unique items. Those used to be nice little stories to follow and generally provided some additional cash along the way. Now it's just the one battle and while you get cash, it feels a bit cheap.

Why aren't the reefs causing attrition anymore?

Lol, I've done so many Karl Franz campaigns not sure I can do another one!

I get what you mean about the lack of objectives, though I almost always ignored them before so I hardly miss them. 

What I will say about the WoC Realms campaign is that it seems almost entirely redundant. The race to finish it isn't really a race, there are almost interactions with the overall quest except the end, there don't appear to be any extra cut scenes to watch or anything. It feels very tacked on. So while it's fun, it's almost not worth doing unless you just want a smaller map.

Haven't watched that but I've done a couple campaigns to around turn 150. Franz got wiped out before 50 in both and the empire is a smoking crater. U might do a wood elves campaign to maybe help him out some next.

Yeah, I gave up on my Franz campaign. I had defeated Festus and the Greenskins that start in Midderland, but there were just too many enemies and indeed, almost every region that I hadn't managed to confederate was getting wiped out. Various Greenskins factions seemed to be in a permanent Waagh mode which was annoying. I think they had declared Waagh on me because my capital kept glowing green but there was no announcement about it. I think there is a bug there.

I started a campaign with the Iron Dragon, Zhao Ming. This one is going more smoothly for now. I think the caravan system needs some destinations to the Southlands, too, but other than that it's good. The compass mechanic may need some rework and of course Cathay needs more units. The currently empty lands of Ind and Kuresh are huge. I look forward to them being populated and added to the campaign whenever CA and GW can work it out.

Archived